Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

People will always complain, and

We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

OK I understand your post but clearly you guys do not take into account the wants and the needs of your players only the wants and the needs of the share holders, our feedback is mute, clearly looking at the threads and the sheer disgust that has ensued since the patch it clearly shows your player base does not like this limit you guys have put in on the game, the game is clearly centered around farming and to limit us the amount of times we can farm is not helping anyone it is hurting the average player base. We cannot get good items by playing the game over and over in hell mode and dont get me wrong, I have ran act 4 hell mode alot, and yet have not found 1 useful item to put towards my gear so I may proceed to inferno, I get 1 shot instantly on inferno...

So with our feed back you guys have done NOTHING to address our concerns or wants or wishes at all, it seems like the more we want the more you take. You show me 1 way I can get awesome items with out whipping out my pocket book and buying items on the over priced and insane RMAH then I will believe you and not make a single post about this again..

You grind. Period.
I actually enjoy the game design. Blizzard hasnt lost their touch there, the game is fun as hell, the only problem is that more often than not, im unable to play the game. I come back from university, get home, study and I finally get ready to play, but woops! Its lag-o'clock! This is the 3rd night this has happened to me and its a bit annoying. I dont regret owning the game, I just regret owning it right now. It feels more like a beta test...I feel like I should have used the $60 to buy Max Payne 3, and then after beating the story every which way, and playing the crap out of the multiplayer, buy Diablo 3. I think by then they would have ironed out all the kinks and this great game could finally shine.

Its quite a shame really. I'm not sure the reasoning behind this strict online connection to game situation, but until they fix the servers, a great game will continue to be overshadowed by its crippling bugs.

No, I'm just going through the Lamaze technique. :p

You're not in stirrups posting right now, are ya?

Nevermind, I don't want the answer.
hahahahaah this !@#$ made my day.
LMAO. This is good. Keep going. I made extra popcorns.
There are some shady rumors around (again, just rumors) from the time Bill Roper and company left Blizz North and the remaining team was transfered to Blizz Irvine; all work done so far (circa 2005) on D3 was discarded.

The new game developers started again from zero in 2008-2009

And, sadly, I have to agree to many posters here. Blizzard pre WoW (never played WoW vanilla and WoTLK was too much time consuming for me) was the absolute best game producer. My best gaming memories come from WC1 (best soundtrack ever even en MIDI format), WC2, D1, SC, SC-BW and of course D2
No, I'm just going through the Lamaze technique. :p

I'm going to be blunt here.

This is one of the many reasons the forums are such a mess lately. And one of the many reasons a large number of players have 0 respect for you, or any other blizz poster.

Some people take a step back from their frustrations, and think to themselves "Hey, that's just a guy, doing his job, 9-5 or whatever it is, trying to let off some steam, and maybe keep the community at ease, by showing he's an easy-going guy himself".

But most people? They see a post like that, are only on the forums to begin with because they're teaming with frustration, and think "Here is some guy, who is completely ignoring posting on any relevant issue, someone who is paid to represent blizzard in an official capacity, and is sitting there joking around on irrelevent threads. who does this guy think he is?"

By proxy, this paints a picture of the overall attitude of the company, if their paid employees do this, (and get to keep their job), what's to say the same thing isn't going on in the dev team? or management? or any other position for that matter.

People who frequent the forums on a regular basis... well, half of them are just plain trolling, the other half have been around long enough to know what to expect, what you may or may not be dealing with at any given time, and even the reasons you choose to post the way you do.

Everyone else? especially those who come on at a time like this with the input limit fiasco, are only here because they're already upset. They would fully expect (And honestly in my opinion, are entitled to) nothing short of full on professionalism from Blizzard staff - if nothing else to help re-assure them that the situation is being looked into and handled.

Instead they see a guy posting on an irrelevent thread making jokes. The attitude doesn't speak highly of you, or the company you represent.
06/12/2012 08:44 PMPosted by Denegroth
there have been MANY well mannered and well written posts made over the last few days with very legitimate concerns that have gone ignored en masse whereas i see blue posts like this ASKING for those very posts to be made at the same time

The majority of these posts are bad or over the top which is why the idiots get posts, which is why this thread has 3 blue posts already that target the idiots.

The intelligent ones are as you said, risk the ole job, not wanting to set the bar or raise peoples hopes in order to get more flame later, or just as said, aren't allowed to respond for already mentioned reasons,maybe they don't know yet and don't want to admit that to the masses, I imagine there's more reasons for it as well.
Edited by Utukka#1683 on 6/12/2012 8:50 PM PDT
What Blizzard are making out the Auction House in this game will pale in comparison to the money they could have made by making great games with the consumer being the number one priority. In the long term.

You do not need to have a degree in business management to know this.

That depends on how much they spent making the RMAH work.

If we the gamers choose to boycott the RMAH, that should send a clear message that we don't like what they are doing.

Vote with your wallet, that's the only thing we have left it seems.
And I seriously doubt most people care enough to actually boycott it. They'd rather quit their day job and make a living farming and selling pixels.
Edited by Davaris#1772 on 6/12/2012 8:48 PM PDT
I love this thread.
06/12/2012 08:34 PMPosted by Zarhym
Clearly! No one could enjoy a game you don't! Have some perspective.

Well right now, I'm not enjoying the game Diablo 3 which I cannot play due to this "Input limit reached" crap.
Community Manager
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

There's no possible way you collect player feedback and design insight.

The fact that you're posting here means that you've waded through hundreds of topics decrying all these "fixes" and nerfs. If you guys are seeing the reactions of the player base as anything other than negative, I can't even begin to formulate a response that I'd think would convey how much you guys ignore player feedback.

I know you have to do your song and dance PR routine, but please don't BS us. You guys DON'T listen to feedback, and all the great insight and criticisms posted here DON'T get passed on to anyone. It's way, way too obvious.

I'm not going to convince you of anything you refuse to take at face value. But the work my department (the community team) does isn't completely negated by your perception of the way we operate.

To even think all the player feedback worth noting is on these forums AND negative is shortsighted in and of itself.

ohhh so that's why all the HC characters were dying to lag today huh?

You gotta have some big cohones to create a hardcore character right now. I would wait a good 3-6 months when servers are stable before even attempting that lol :P
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]