Diablo® III

Activision kills another great company

(Locked)

We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

P.S. Please don't post thread titles in all caps. I've edited that for you. :)

1. Completely unprofessional timing as far as relaying game changes to players. (Yes, this is still an issue). You as a company SHOULD NOT EVER make changes in hotfixes before telling everyone that you have done a hotfix.

2. Read your forums, the negative far outweigh the positive. Most of my irl friends have stopped playing this game because it feels incomplete. The game's design philosophy is flawed, redundant, and unfinished. I feel like I ordered steak and got beef jerky.

3. I will not be buying any blizzard products upon release in the future, as I have with most of your games in the past The HUGE disappointment in content, release, and implementation that this game has displayed has lost my faith in you as a game developing company.
85 Worgen Druid
We're Blizzard Entertainment. We're the development studio that designed this game and its business model. If you have any issues or concerns about how we make games, take them up with us in a civil, reasoned manner. Claiming some larger corporate entity is to blame without any tangible evidence just isn't constructive and has no merit.

These forums are here so we have a great resource for collecting player feedback and, when necessary, relaying design insight and important information back to the community. I hope you see why choosing to fabricate a narrative that explains any frustration you might be having with this game not only doesn't help us, but is counter productive for you too.

This is the ugliest trainwreck launch I've ever seen, seriously. Please, explain to me how Blizzard can justify gutting the single player aspect of the game, and then not a month later limit the number of games you can create? I've seen tell of 3 games an hour. Clearly there is a huge ethical outrage over doing this!
What I've learned through this whole debacle is not to ever buy a Blizzard game at release again. Blizzard now has the "Microsoft Windows Service Pack Syndrome"--never buy a new version of Windows until at least SP1. The product advertised is not the product we all received. Blizzard has lost my trust, and trust is very difficult to get back.

I don't expect most other gamers to have a mature perspective, though. Too many gamers are emotionally invested in games and game companies and can't see the big picture.

I got what I expected when I bought and started playing the game. Those development videos they showed all through the development wasn't advertisements. One should just pay attention to the latest dev videos and player posted vids from open betas.

The game was advertised only as "On may 15 Evil is back" on nation wide TV, while showing cinematic clips. The dev videos only showed what they had so far, and they say it's subject to change. They're basically blogging and giving out information that they shouldn't be giving because fans, or customers, were probably asking for it. And yes, blizzard has always improved their games overtime, they never started out as golden, emaculate, clean slates of awesome. Just simply good, or awesome. People that got different impressions of this are just sheltered, or choose to be ingorant and like getting mad about anything possible. Sure, they did some things that could have been done better at launch, but nothing to get so !@#$%^-ed mad about. Especially considering that blizzard works on their games according to feedback over time and this is a slow process but turns out awesome stuff in the long run.

I do agree though, too many gamers are emotionally invested. But they're pobably not like that with just games though. This is probably a social problem that's shared in all facets of our societies. In any case, people are just generally ridiculous.
Edited by Mlyrin#1666 on 6/12/2012 8:52 PM PDT
06/12/2012 08:45 PMPosted by MasterKnives
Thank god for my refund.

Please don't act as coy as you are when we all know a publicly owned company is driven by its share holders and upper management.

This whole Blizzard Delivers the Best and only the best has been hung like an old hated animal and thrown out the window of the Bhurj Khalifa. There was a time when blizzard scrapped games because it didn't meet their standards, now we get HIGHLY abusable games and bugs everywhere on something they are trying to pioneer (RMAH and the basis of the Auction House prior to this patch)
Edited by Bazinga#1896 on 6/12/2012 8:53 PM PDT
*cowers in fear*

Sorry about my post earlyer it was me just with misguided anger

Anyhow

Blizzard was a private company before the merger and could do as they please
Activison was a public company before the merger and had to please share holders

After the merger blizzard became public with share holders to please due to activison being a public company,so in a way activison does tell you what to do,right?

You're right. It's Blizzard's fault for what we don't like. This was the most respected game company to me. Your new business model (making profit off digital items), lack of content, and DRM have ruined your reputation for me. I doubt I'll buy an xpac or any future products and tempted to get a refund on D3.
Edited by Dulac#1509 on 6/12/2012 8:53 PM PDT
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=128252

Blizzard you should check out this thread on Team Liquid and I wonder what you think of it, its a good and interesting read
This is one of the many reasons the forums are such a mess lately. And one of the many reasons a large number of players have 0 respect for you, or any other blizz poster.

Some people take a step back from their frustrations, and think to themselves "Hey, that's just a guy, doing his job, 9-5 or whatever it is, trying to let off some steam, and maybe keep the community at ease, by showing he's an easy-going guy himself".

But most people? They see a post like that, are only on the forums to begin with because they're teaming with frustration, and think "Here is some guy, who is completely ignoring posting on any relevant issue, someone who is paid to represent blizzard in an official capacity, and is sitting there joking around on irrelevent threads. who does this guy think he is?"

By proxy, this paints a picture of the overall attitude of the company, if their paid employees do this, (and get to keep their job), what's to say the same thing isn't going on in the dev team? or management? or any other position for that matter.

People who frequent the forums on a regular basis... well, half of them are just plain trolling, the other half have been around long enough to know what to expect, what you may or may not be dealing with at any given time, and even the reasons you choose to post the way you do.

Everyone else? especially those who come on at a time like this with the input limit fiasco, are only here because they're already upset. They would fully expect (And honestly in my opinion, are entitled to) nothing short of full on professionalism from Blizzard staff - if nothing else to help re-assure them that the situation is being looked into and handled.

Instead they see a guy posting on an irrelevent thread making jokes. The attitude doesn't speak highly of you, or the company you represent.
Blizzard Community team office probably have one hell of a good Anger Management center, Massage Parlor, Spa Therapy, Yoga Classes and Psychiatrists.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]