Diablo® III

Probably asking too much.

Blizzard tech support? The game has been out for going on a month and I/we are still experiencing these herky jerky stuttering actions from our characters. I'm aware there's been blue posts about vsinc, overheating, etc. I've also seen blue posts saying that this problem is being "worked into" an upcoming patch. I've also seen a few tech savvy folks give complicated workarounds for us to fix this problem. Personally, I'm enjoying the game aside from this issue. There are things that I can't do in-game such as move out of nasty stuff that monsters leave on the ground. So much emphasis is being put on maintenance and patches for the RMAH and all I and some others would like is a fix to make the game entertaining. I don't want to hear about a workaround to make the game playable...this is the job for blizzard to fix. I did my part and spent a few bucks to enjoy a game i've looked foward to for a year..lets try to take care of things on your end. Seems like you've had some time in design and beta testing so this isn't a mind blowing revelation all of a sudden. Can we please get someone on this issue? Please?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Danz,

As has been stated many times, it is being worked on but you won't see the results until the patch with the fixes is released and for that, there's no ETA at this time.

But ultimately glad it IS recognized.
Reply Quote
Do I need to buy an ATI card or build a new computer?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Knavery,

Why are you asking that? I need more information please.

I too would like to know if I need an Nvidia card or just buy a whole new computer. I just bought this AMD/intel one on may 14th and have had nothing but troubles. I would not like to wait for blizzard to find a solution but rather just buy a new computer/card myself. Would nvidia card or a new computer solve my fps issues?
Reply Quote
Knavery,

Why are you asking that? I need more information please.

Hey Omrakos, same reason Gdiscyllu asked. I have the following specs and it runs absolutely horrible.

CPU: AMD Phenom 965 Quad core 3.5Ghz
Video: Geforce GTX 460 1024G
Memory: 8 Gigs

Now, I have tried everything in the book to get it working right. I first changed the options in the Nvidia control panel to either the off or best performance settings. I've then turned down all settings in D3. I also changed the resolution so that it looks like Frogger from 1981. Finally, I dropped the audio channel settings and some other stuff in the D3Prefs file. With all of the these changes, I didn't see one change in FPS while in game.

I did get a refund for this reason last week, but have been playing the starter edition to try and get this sorted out. I'm playing Diablo 2 right now, because I'm jonesing, but it's just not the same. I'd like to purchase the game again, but won't until I can run it. It would be a nice reason to upgrade my system, but the last thing I want to do is upgrade in vain.
Edited by Knavery#1476 on 6/13/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I donno Knavery,

my system runs great and it has much less power behind it from what you have... the new games are pretty fickle about settings and having all your stuff up to date.

currently -
CPU Type:
Pentium® Dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.80GHz
CPU Speed:
2.82 GHz
System Memory:
8 GB
Video Card Model:
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Video Card Memory:
244 MB
Reply Quote
Danz,

As has been stated many times, it is being worked on but you won't see the results until the patch with the fixes is released and for that, there's no ETA at this time.

It has not been stated many times. In fact, it has been stated so little, we don't even buy it. You guys haven't even officially recognized the issue by putting it in your little handy dandy to-do-list up top, or hell, by doing/saying anything at all, really. The only one time, yes, once prior to this a Blue took a second on the issue to say, "Hi", was weeks ago praising a fix, and failing to do much more than treat us like we existed, but didn't matter, because, you know, it doesn't happen at Blizzard or to anyone associated with Blizzard, which, I have to say is a fat chance. No way in hell that is remotely possible.

All the while you guys are taking care of this AH crap, while a decent portion of us can't play the damn game because of stuff it has had going on with it since day 1. Good on you, good on you. You guys totally have your priorities lined up properly so I'm just going to get back to my Metro 2033 gameplay now and not worry at all, nor be upset, that I have a completely worthless copy of a game not worth $49.99 (a standard price for a PC game) much less the extra $9.99 tacked on because "we're, Blizzard, we can."

P.S. "Hang in there" is not acknowledging a problem. That is what you are doing and that is what your fellow employee of a business devoid of pride did. I can tell someone something I have no idea about is being fixed too, to quell them down, or whatever reason, doesn't mean it's happening though.
Edited by Strid#1112 on 6/13/2012 10:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
its because they made this game on old !@# hardware
Reply Quote
can't wait til torchlight 2 from the makers of diablo 1 and 2
Reply Quote
the last gameinformer issue says they couldn't fit a review in but they probably just couldn't get the game to work lmao
Reply Quote
06/13/2012 01:31 PMPosted by Danz
to enjoy a game i've looked foward to for a year..

Poor chap
Reply Quote
I'm not quite sure how a performance patch that was designed to make the game run better on lower end hardware on macs can screw things up so badly for people with...higher end hardware of all things? I guess they at least managed to make it better for those the patch was intended for - at the cost of screwing it up for people that shouldn't be having these issues. I'd like to be able to progress in the game and utilize the RMAH, but first the game has to be playable again and the random loot rolls have to give me something useful. I guess I'm gonna be waiting until 1.03 before I can do anything, fun!

Speaking of making things work, Blizzard sure was nice enough to make sure the RMAH came up smoothly. No surprise it came out before drop rate and balance patches that should have taken priority, gotta cash in with the double dipping before items are at more reasonable prices. I wish Blizzard would have done something about the exploiters before the RMAH came up, but I suppose they're probably the ones selling many of those $200+ items so that would be a lost opportunity for profit.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Danz,

My question is thus: there were 3 "scheduled" maintenance periods this week. Why is it that after each one, the latency issues got worse and worse, until tonight, where I nearly got to the point of kicking my PC because the game is COMPLETELY unplayable for me at the moment.
Reply Quote
Bump, the lag was bad at launch and has continually gotten even worse since then. Blizzard won't even acknowledge it, instead blaming millions of players. If I have a top of the line system that has no problem with games like or Rift on max settings, not being able to play D3 without lag on the absolute lowest settings, is obviously a problem on their end.
Reply Quote
There was a problem similar to this in another game: lots of lag for seemingly no reason, even with the best of machines and internet connections, etc. Turns out the graphic settings controlled by a .dll file were set to run the game at 256mb, which would be fine for slower computers, but with higher end hardware the game went all weird and wouldn't work properly. I had to go in and manually edit the file and set it to use more RAM for the game to work. I imagine D3 has a similar file somewhere that's set to something like 1 or 2 gigs of ram, the recommended amount for the game. Maybe if we were allowed to edit this file, if it even exists, it would solve the problem. Of course this is all just speculation as I know nothing of the inner workings of D3's file setup.

Oh, and running the game with DirectX helped too. But I don't see that option anywhere.
Edited by Calm#1608 on 6/17/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]