Diablo® III

Is it Worth salvaging "low level Legendaries"

Is it worth salvaging "Low level Legendaries" just to get Fiery brimstone, and will i always Get a Fiery Brimstone when i salvage an LLL (Low Level Legendarie) (thoose Legendaries that are under 45)
Reply Quote
You'll only get a Fiery Brimstone when you salvage level 60 legendary items.
Reply Quote
I got one from a Pus Spitter, level 59 Legendary bow...but that was 4 days ago.
Reply Quote
Go to the Game Guide and look at the exact percentage chance you have to get what when salvaging... There's a handful of < lvl 60 items which will give you a guaranteed fiery brimstone...

I wouldn't advise trying to buy up all the cheap legendary items unless you get them for under 20k each as at last check... a fiery brimstone was worth maybe 20k... could be much less by now.
Reply Quote
I got like 4 fiery brimstones and i never salvaged legendaries, i think its based on the weapon lvl (ilvl63 rares prolly give u more brimstones), but im not sure of that. But i am sure that u dont need legendaries to get fiery brimstones
Reply Quote
I got one from a Lev 30 Legendary. It could very well be random.
Reply Quote
You can Salvage from Rares. Got 1 from a lvl 54 set of rare bracer's with crap stats. Only one I have gotten. I'm sure the chances were astronomical.
Reply Quote
many lvl 60 rares and blues have a slight chance to give a brimstone, even got one last night from a crap rare in act 1. Just the legendaries (not all of them) have the guarantee to give you one is the only difference.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 10:52 AMPosted by OCPik4chu
many lvl 60 rares and blues have a slight chance to give a brimstone, even got one last night from a crap rare in act 1. Just the legendaries (not all of them) have the guarantee to give you one is the only difference.

Yup. I've gotten 4 of them from salvaging lvl 60 blues.

If your legendary sells for more then ~30k (~25k after AH "tax" - currently) you are better off selling it and just buying a brimstone. But do still check online to see exactly what it will salvage into first.

I can't think of any legendary that doesn't sell for at least 30k off the top of my head so I'd be inclined to say "never salvage a legendary - sell it and buy a brimstone". This is assuming no legendaries salvage into multiple brimstones but if they did they are probably high value (5M+) anyway so you'd still be better off to sell.
Reply Quote
80 Human Priest
The real question here is it worth keeping them?
Reply Quote
so ur telling me any legendary or set item when salvaged will give a brimstone
Reply Quote
the salvage rate for blue drop and brimestone is now price at 80k i already salvage over 500 blue but still 0 brimestone
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]