Diablo® III

200+ hours a WD experience

Im on my phone and i cant play so why not talk about WDs :D

My offensive stats are 62k dps, crit chance 26.5, crit dmg 270%, 3.5% freeze 3.2%fear,1.7aps!! 1H+mojo

Defensive stats 37k hp, 300+ resists, 4k armor. No mana regen! 2.8%life steal, 150LoH

I can confortably farm act 3 and pony land. Killed diablo in group :p (solo is scary) and now i just farm farm farm.

I've tried every build and every build has its uses. I built tanky then switch to dps then went tanky again and now i have come to a build that i use normally. I hate that i cant link it so i have to write about it. The build is an on hit effect build with high dps nuke stacking rain of toads. The idea here is that rain of toads hits so many times constant CC is appliied... GotD also applies on hit which is insane. Not to mention you hit like a truck.

Spells 1. Poisoned dart--- spined dart. I saw a HC WD use this before his untimely death. I lose single target dps(i'm tired of splinters build). Pros you get mana to spam your abilities :D dmg wise the highest crit i got was 100k. On hit procs happen a lot which is very useful.

2. Grasp of the dead with unbreakable grasp rune. I use this in conjuntion with rain of toads. And its an AoE . Mainly because it synergizes with rain of toads. Also on hit effect like freeze proc from GotD. Which is freakin great.

3&4. Defensive spells 3. Spirit walk with Jaunt. Why jaunt? Just because its easier to switch sides in tight kiting areas. You can use the mana regen or whatever. But you shoot spined darts. What about heal walk? Well i have LoH and life steal... Also great single target CC jaunting up to elites and dropping hex or a zombie wall or hell just drop everything and nuke toads until you die cause your not getting away.

4. Hex with jinx rune for more damage. Killing bosses? Ok change hex, killing elites?? Keep hex. Invaluable CC so you can gain time for your other CDs. Stacked with zombie wall and raining toads. You have extremely high damage output. Its also extremely useful hexing that lone target rushing you. Its my solo mob panic button.

5. Zombie wall with unrelenting grip. That slow is great gives you time to think and do dps. Great use offensively if you drop it right on a mob. Many mobs simply just stop dead and get snared allowing you A LOT of time to dps. Barricade is great used it before this but this has greater utility. Did i mention freeze and fear procs too?

6. Plague of Toads---- Rain of frogs. This is my preferred dps spell simply because you can stack it on the same spot. The damage is insane hitting white number ticks of 90k. Cons semi small area and the mob has to be in it, but thats what all the CC is for. Freeze procs a ton.. So does fear and its annoying when they move off the dps spot. The mana use seems a lot but i just spam spined darts while using this and im fine. The reason i like this better than acid cloud is because plague affix elites DIE hard. Of course you need to keep them showered. As for how fast it casts... I would say instant. I have a crappy 1.7 aps and it spams literally like rain. Strange notes.. If you dont hit anything i feel like it uses less mana.

I tried this build because of posters about on hit effects with big stinker :/ and i wanted to use pets with infinite CC but its also viable for farming. The nuke damage is nasty and it procs A LOT. And every piece of damage procs it from GotD to poison ticks on your spined dart lol.

Of course super fast packs are BS and require tactics. Gearing is also not very cheap. Gear is extremely important my 1H only does 860 dps but its got 110 int and 130% crit dmg. The cheapest way to go is probably splinters and glass canon because its inexspensive. I can eat spears in act 3 but ponys still 1 shot me.

Gearing up all depends on what you prioritize. I used to be at 900 res and 15k dps. But i went glass canon now im trying to gain some survivability back. On hit effects are amazing and i would suggest every WD get a freeze on hit belt at least. Even the splinter guys would hugely benefit.

The only thing i haven't tried with this build is using it with subpar gear. The most important parts are the on hit effects. All the dps comes from stacking rain of frogs the tick dmg is insane. However i dont know if it crits. Acid cloud crits for sure but ive never seen yellow numbers on rain of frogs. But i do see the ticks start out at 11k and then constant 50-90ks mixed in with spined darts for mana. Even if the toads dont crit the damage is amazing like a way more awesome corpse spiders.

My intentions are for a pet build lol but now i use it to farm. The spells and passives are all limited by gear. I have no mana regen its a bummer. So i take spiritual attunement. But with mana gear you can substitute SA for tribal rights so you can have your hex guy out 24/7 in pony land. Theres a lot of little tweaks to make but gear is outrageous 2-4m for real upgrades.
I just need more vit and resist without sacrificing anything which is hard.

Im constantly looking for spells to swap out and try. But the only one i would consider changing out is maybe Hex for garg when he's fixed. Im sure there are DHs out there and wizs who can farm pony and act 3/4 amazingly. But as a WD i've been getting by pretty well. I can farm effectively and its finally fun.

And your friends love you for all the CC.Feel free to ask questions i just dont know if ill answer :D white number damage info crit dmg info whatever.
Reply Quote
How long does it usually take you to clear whimsyshire?
Reply Quote
Honestly not long the inv minion pack is a pain but like 30 mins to 1 hour about.
Reply Quote

The only thing i haven't tried with this build is using it with subpar gear. The most important parts are the on hit effects. All the dps comes from stacking rain of frogs the tick dmg is insane. However i dont know if it crits. Acid cloud crits for sure but ive never seen yellow numbers on rain of frogs. But i do see the ticks start out at 11k and then constant 50-90ks mixed in with spined darts for mana. Even if the toads dont crit the damage is amazing like a way more awesome corpse spiders.

I also use CC RoT build and from what i've seen Plague of Toads does NOT crit :/

You can also try the spider queen, it works well with CC.
Reply Quote
Jesus christ how did u get such awesome stats ?
Reply Quote
i'd srsly suggest some mana regen, you must get low on mana with flog spam, mojos can carry some nice mana regen for cheap like a few mill, i build pretty similar to you and could have written when you did myself, but with mana regen :P

edit: also frogs so underrated... swear nobody uses. they strong aoe
Edited by MandemUnit#2838 on 6/14/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Which passives do you use other than Spiritual Attunement?
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 07:28 PMPosted by Laurow
Jesus christ how did u get such awesome stats ?

like he said 200 hours played
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]