Diablo® III

Quarantine Cheaters!

Rockstar have just won the internets.

Anyone found to have used hacked saves, modded games, or other exploits to gain an unfair advantage in Max Payne 3 Multiplayer, or to circumvent the leaderboards will be quarantined from all other players into a "Cheaters Pool", where they'll only be able to compete in multiplayer matches with other confirmed miscreants.

Fantastic idea! Do it Blizzard.
Reply Quote
This would work if they had their own AH. Not sure its possible in a Diablo setting. Good idea tho.
Reply Quote
I think its a great idea for gaming in general. Don't ban them (in the case of an MMO you lose a subscription), round them up and let them play with each other. This is how it should be going forward in multiplayer gaming.

Want to cheat, hack, mod or attempt to scam other players? Knock yourself out kid, welcome to your own server!

Best idea I have seen, period.
Reply Quote
In the event we decide to absolve any of these cheaters for their past transgressions they may re-enter play with the general public, however a second offense will result in their indefinite banishment. In either case, we will be removing invalid leaderboard entries to ensure that the players at the top of the charts have earned their spots fairly.
Reply Quote
lol R* are geniuses for this implementation. Is like so you like our game but you cheat so you can ruin the fun of others, amirite?

Okay! We won't ban you but!!! :D We gonna herd you off from good, honest players and get your own server and we will call this server "CHEATERS POOL" and we will gonna put a tag on your name wit a cheater next to it! :D

Way to deal with people who likes to ruin MP games!

+10 internets
Reply Quote
Great idea. 1+ to them!
Reply Quote
That is actually clever. I am sure there will be some people that get put there even though they are innocent but that is clever. Banning them only makes them try and hack the servers, join private servers or create new accounts to cheat again. Letting them play like that, that is quite smart :)
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 05:59 AMPosted by SirLogiC
That is actually clever. I am sure there will be some people that get put there even though they are innocent but that is clever. Banning them only makes them try and hack the servers, join private servers or create new accounts to cheat again. Letting them play like that, that is quite smart :)

I don't know if it's possible for "innocent" players will be mistakenly tagged and separated from normal MP since the only way for you to be accused of being a cheater is that if you ever modded your save settings/account/progress. The protocol would be they will have a backup for your account on their side and you have a copy on your end of whatever settings/progress you did with your account and in they mismatch when you logged in on their server then that's the only time that you get quarantine. So this is a good idea.

@Troll: you just don't like being found out that you cheated!lol
Reply Quote
Such a good idea, yet so simple! Has anyone heard of any other developers adopting something similar?

I'd love to see this in multiplayer gaming, brand them as well so that we can all see.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 06:01 AMPosted by Forumtroll
This is such an idiotic idea i don't even know where to start

Why?
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 06:13 AMPosted by Floyd
This is such an idiotic idea i don't even know where to start

Why?

Because he is trolling. He is kind of obvious XD
Reply Quote
I had this idea about 10 years ago that nobody liked... now it's popular. Times they are a changin'. The main arguement against it was that it was a waste of resources. You're actually asking them to spend time and money on cheaters. Servers cost money to run. Ban them. Take their $60 and pocket it. Keep banning them so long as they keep coughing up the $60.
Reply Quote
Bad idea. Sorry, but why reward cheaters?

"You got caught cheating but you can still play anyway". Instead, ban hammer them into non-existence!

Do you have any idea how quickly you would grow bored of your speed hacking god mode invulnerable fully decked out character rocking twin deathblades of awesomeness... if you played against someone else doing exactly the same thing? Let them enjoy the game with other likeminded children as they like to play it. Brilliant!
Reply Quote
Clever. Not a new idea by any means but I think this is the first I have heard of it implemented. I don't think this will work for Blizzard though. Blizzard is trying to make some money off their intellectual property using RMAH. A cheaters server wouldn't make them any money and would cost them money to maintain. I think it is in Blizzards best interest to just ban players that cheat to discourage other players from cheating so they can potentially use RMAH and make more money for the company. If a player is banned for cheating then they are out $60 and if they want to play again they have to buy another copy of the game. If they are put into a cheaters server they continue to cheat and get exactly what they want.

Works for some games and not for others.
Reply Quote
Bad idea. Sorry, but why reward cheaters?

"You got caught cheating but you can still play anyway". Instead, ban hammer them into non-existence!

How are you rewarding these people? You found out this guy is a cheater/hacker. Pull him out off the normal MP crowd, Tagged his name wit a cheater affix, put him in the same room with other cheaters with no access to normal MP grounds and watch them play with their hacks against each other.

The whole point of hacking or cheating is to gain advantage over normal, honest people that also ruin their fun and you in the end gain a false sense of superiority over yourself. Cheaters griefing cheaters is such a fun thing to watch. Watch their excitement wane when other people cheats on em.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]