Diablo® III

Whats the best hard core class?

I would think barb since it can tank hits.. but what do you think?
Reply Quote
There is not one superior class compared to the others. Play what you enjoy not what is easy.
Reply Quote
Barb scales the best with gear, Kungen and Kripp are both primarily barbs, so there's that too.
Reply Quote
The one you enjoy the most will probably be the one you play the best.
Reply Quote
Play whichever you like the best. They all have advantages and disadvantages in hardcore.

Barbs and Monks will be easiest for some folks, since they can take more damage.

But conversely, ranged classes can kite and don't need to be in melee range to do dps, so to some folks they will seem best.

It really depends on your play style and what you are comfortable with.

Personally, I play a Monk and love it. But I am also leveling a Wizard and love that too. They are polar opposites in play style, but I enjoy them both.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Viision
There is not one superior class compared to the others. Play what you enjoy not what is easy.

This may apply for SC, but for HC there is a best class, and its the barb followed by the monk
DH is too squishy for inferno, for example
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Camaron

This may apply for SC, but for HC there is a best class, and its the barb followed by the monk
DH is too squishy for inferno, for example

There are plenty of DHs in Hardcore. This guy is basically asking what he can faceroll his way to 60 to. The answer is, if played smart any class. But you should play whatever class you are most interested in. Not a barb or monk because they have better healing. If they bore you its wasted time.
Reply Quote
In HC yes, in inferno ? You cant faceroll your way to 60, but by rolling a barb you do have an advantage over the other classes
DH if you take a hit by making 1 mistake on inferno you die
Reply Quote
Most people are 60 by the time you get to Hell Act 3/4. DH's are squishy and make up for this by having the top DPS in game.
Edited by Viision#1710 on 6/14/2012 10:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
This is in SC, HC is a different ball game, some ppl ( I dont want to say most) wait till 60 to go to act 2 hell
And in HC you cant gear for top dps, you gear for staying alive, which DH does a poor job
Reply Quote
DH in HC Inferno (Act 3-4) is only viable IF you play with a tanking buddy.

I'm in Inferno mode myself, with 55k DPS (pre-SS) and about 400k all resist, 30k HP, and about 5k armor, and I've found that DH Inferno gameplay is one of attrition: attack/kite, die, re-spawn. Rinse and repeat. You WILL die at some point to elites, even if you have great kiting abilities, the margin for error is just too thin.

That being said, Act 2 is pretty easy to solo now (post 1.0.3) without getting killed. Just need to re-roll the tougher elite mobs.

I plan on rolling Barb or Monk when I get into HC mode. The perfect precision required to play DH in HC Inferno is impossible in D3 b/c of issues outside of your control (e.g. lag). One lag spike = 1-2 hits = death.

Not worth it.
Reply Quote
i personally love the WD; it was my first hc and made it to 60. then i tried a monk who got to 35 and i just kinda got bored and stopped playing her (still alive) then made a few wizards that died young, followed by a DH that got to 59 then got roflstomped in half a second by champs in A3 hell. and i just started a new WD last night. :)

havent made a hc barb yet though; i went barb in SC and found him rather boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]