He has lost his mind.

He's Insane!
Reply Quote
Damn it might be better than betting on NBA. LMAO
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
Absolutely the best sugestion on these forums since D3 started +1 and rated
Reply Quote
Sounds like you are describing Diablo 2? I had mules full of 60+ ears. Good times :) Everyone always allowed loot before duels.
Edited by Protatoe#1870 on 6/14/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Blizzard absolutely has to capitlize on this. Everytime this topic comes up everyone just goes nuts over the idea of watching 2 hardcore level 60 players enter a ring, knowing that only one will leave. Add in teh full loot idea for the winner and you've given players a massive incentive to step into the ring.

The livestream attention that this would bring would be so huge. It'd be so intense to watch.
Reply Quote
I can't wait for 2014 when PvP will finally be introduced to D3.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I think this would be amazing. Truly in the spirit of hardcore!

However, I think it would be better if it were like EverQuest where you just pick 1-2 items from their body.
Edited by Ramminar#1293 on 6/14/2012 11:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Definitely approve of this idea, brilliant.
Reply Quote
I like this idea.

I would prefer it to be a 1v1 thing and only once all exploits are ironed out (im looking at you monks)

I think getting any or all items from someone elses inventory would suck - just because the person you beat probably wasnt as geared as you anyway. A random legendary that had a unique graphic (ie not found in world drops, only pvp) and just had your stats or better would be ideal.
Reply Quote
I vote for Old School Runescape Wild PvP. Winner takes all. It worked for them it would work for us.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
+1

id love this
Reply Quote
I actually thought of this months ago. Would be the ultimate gladiator sport. Even if you started at max level, you'd lose progress on death because of gear level.

I want this. Please, make it happen. Start at max level, get the other person's gear on death, any teammate's who died (if not 1v1), and get a treasure chest with lots of rares on a victory.

The only problem with this I foresee is the average player only winning maybe about 3-5 games in a row before dying. If you look at a lot of PvP games like Dota, WoW arena, etc, you don't see many wins in a row. A gladiator that only lived to see three battles wouldn't be very epic.
Edited by jester#1890 on 6/15/2012 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
anyone rememeber PK on asherons call? this is how it worked there and it was a lot of fun.
Reply Quote
It should be a tournament of sorts, too. Like a one-on-one until only one winner remains.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Dralix
The problem I have with this is that it prevents items from leaving the economy.

You are right, this is the problem.. Because HC has an economy of its own, slightly higher prices, because even most awesome gear eventually is lost to a mistake.
So here some thoughts about this, if we take this statement:
Awesome gear = Money = Time (hours upon hours of farming)
Economy doesn't not loose awesome gear because other player gets it
Economy still looses the time, player would invest in farming, but instead is raising his new character. And lets multiply this, because with HC PvP players will increase the number of deaths in HC overall.
Although awesome gear (which is money and time) is still left in the economy, this gear still will be used to farm and lost to some elite pack eventually.
So overall this will be a hit to HC economy, but I don't see how it could be crucial in any way.
Reply Quote

The only problem with this I foresee is the average player only winning maybe about 3-5 games in a row before dying. If you look at a lot of PvP games like Dota, WoW arena, etc, you don't see many wins in a row. A gladiator that only lived to see three battles wouldn't be very epic.

Yeah, you right! But by that time he will have 3-5 full gear sets for 3-5 characters!
And this will make characters who survived like 10+ games truly epic
Edited by Endless#2615 on 6/15/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
logged in just to upvote this
Reply Quote
This would be awesome and the only place where internet balls could be measured
Reply Quote
I love the idea. Though PvP needs a bit time to get the balance even near right. It's not good if some class can kill lvl 60 char at lvl 50 easy :) And we need "practice" mode PvP for HC, where duel ends at 1hp.
One thing I thought about reward is that with your barbarian main you don't really need wizard gear. So this would propably lead to lots of mirror matches. Maybe if we could evaluate the value of the losing players gear and give winner like half of it? Wouldn't hurt the economy as much and I think it would actually be more rewarding to get dozens of 100'000 gold stacks and the ear of losing player than to get some "useless" gear. You're gonna ah the wizard gear anyway, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]