Diablo® III

Hardcore PVP, Insane or Brilliant?

no
Reply Quote
Nah. Not until all the classes are on par with the demon hunter.
Reply Quote
Permanent Death Arena Battle Tournaments every year at Blizzcon. The top players in the world battle it out and only 8 can go to Blizzcon and duke it out.

Permanent Arena Servers are Hard Core. No AH. No Trading. Everything is Bind on pick up. You gear up for a month before Blizzcon. Then the top 8 remaining will fight it out at Blizzcon. Winner wins all.

This will generate thousands upon thousands of viewers. Virtual Tickets events and etc. Kinda like Death Race but..with D3.

A chance for Blizzard to make even more money.

Idea from Jessie Cox.

THIS, SERIOUSLY- THIS.

Edit: Also, OP has my seal of approval. This is brilliant.
Edited by HaveMyBabies#2327 on 6/15/2012 9:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
GLORIOUS IDEA!CAN WE GET MORE OF THEM!?

No seriously,i would LOVE to watch Hardcore PvP Matches!

Also the idea with the Blizzcon matches from Jesse Cox is awesome.This is pressure of a Starcraft 2 Blizzcon match x1000!I would totally buy a Blizzcon virtual ticket just because of this!
Edited by sirius89#2221 on 6/15/2012 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Except that 1v1 PVP is going to be pretty meh. 3v3 is going to be where it is at.
Reply Quote
+1 brilliant
Reply Quote
Logged in just so I could give a +1 to this. I would watch the hell out of it.
Reply Quote
No, if players drop all their gear then people will just duel with friends and have them return the gear back to re-level a new character.

A better solution is the the person who dies will drop 1 random piece of gear that they are wearing.

WTF are you talking about dude, this posts makes absolutely no sense. What was your thought process here? Because the victor gets the items, OH OF COURSE ONLY FRIENDS WILL KILL EACH OTHER IN HARDCORE NOW BECAUSE THEN THEY CAN JUST GIVE EACH OTHER THE ITEMS BACK!! NO: FRIENDS JUST WON'T KILL EACH OTHER IN HARDCORE UNLESS THEY HAVE SOME ULTERIOR MOTIVE LIKE WANTING TO LEVEL NEW CHARACTERS UP WHILE BEING OUT OF CHARACTER SLOTS.
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
We need something to make it more worthwhile. I propose the following: Betting.

The name of the game is simple: Two players post a match that they are willing to have at a specific time on conditions that a certain amount of gold be posted. The posting of gold occurs by betting: you bet gold on the player you think will win, and 5% of the bet goes to a prize pot. The prize pot is split 75/25 for winner/loser, and the losing character dies a gruesome, permanant death, and drops 1 random piece of gear to the winner.

This would create interest around hardcore dueling. Limits: Has to use hardcore gold only (perhaps sidebets in softcore gold?)
This would not violate any gambling laws, as HC gold is not interchangeable with RL money.
Reply Quote
Lag during duel
That'd be fun
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
BRILLIANT.
Reply Quote
Permanent Death Arena Battle Tournaments every year at Blizzcon. The top players in the world battle it out and only 8 can go to Blizzcon and duke it out.

Permanent Arena Servers are Hard Core. No AH. No Trading. Everything is Bind on pick up. You gear up for a month before Blizzcon. Then the top 8 remaining will fight it out at Blizzcon. Winner wins all.

This will generate thousands upon thousands of viewers. Virtual Tickets events and etc. Kinda like Death Race but..with D3.

A chance for Blizzard to make even more money.

Idea from Jessie Cox.

THIS, SERIOUSLY- THIS.

Edit: Also, OP has my seal of approval. This is brilliant.
Reply Quote
The entire idea is auto-loot. If you are dueling someone, loot is on. Not sure why everyone is making this seem so complex and exciting. In d2, two people about to duel could discuss whether or not they want to turn on loot for each other. This idea is just to force it. I really don't see anything revolutionary here, someone please help me out if i'm missing something.
Reply Quote
It would be better if... if they let you live, they get all your gear, but you get to have your character. If they choose to kill you, then they only get 1 random piece of gear, so it would be a constant battle between spite and greed.
Reply Quote
It sounds like the craziest idea ever, because you would think no one in hell will have guts for it. But its not about the guts, its about the REWARD.

What reward would compensate the risk?
Simple answer: You take opponents gear. All the gear opponent was wearing in the duel.

The more I think about it, the more im leaning towards brilliance instead of insanity. Why?
1) Then you get opponents gear, you get yourself opponents character.
Example: You kill opponents Demon Hunter with you Monk, now you have fully functional Demon Hunters gear set, now all you need is level 60 DH to put this gear on.
2) Killing better geared opponent gets you a better gear, more money, justifing all the risk. Killing worse geared opponent, lessens the risk, and the reward. Both opponents (lower gear and upper geared) reach equilibrium in "risk vs reward".
3) Last and the most important point is the THRILL, imagine what this matches is going to be like, i bet my pants (ilvl 63) tens of thousands of people watching live streaming of some top geared players, it would be the awesomness in its fullest.

Please comment on this, what pros and cons you see in this idea, or just your thoughts on this conception. Do you want it?

sounds like a great idea, but blizzard would never do it...they don't even have a ladder system. They took away every concept of competition in diablo.
Reply Quote
I also logged on just to say I would fully support this. A little risk is what makes a good game. People dont like risk than dont take them plain and simple. It would be great for game and blizzard just imagine some people losing their whole set of armor theyd cry and deposit 400$ on battlenet buy another set and try and win it back. Id be rich off all you noobs out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]