Diablo® III

Hardcore PVP, Insane or Brilliant?

90 Worgen Warrior
True Gladiator Style. Kind of reminds me of racing cars for pink slips. Just gear drops though, think I would need my gold to rebuild.
Reply Quote
Edited by Raw#1539 on 8/20/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hardcore characters are 4% of all characters created. Out of that 4%, there would not be enough players ballsy enough to do it to justify this. No one would want to wait an hour to find an opponent.
Reply Quote
Brilliant!
Reply Quote
Anyone opposing to this idea does not belong in hardcore.
Reply Quote
Bump, this needs to be seen, documented, implemented.
Reply Quote
View profile
is this something blizzard would even consider? Or is this a wish list?

Somehow, I doubt that blizzard will even put PvP in the game for free.
Reply Quote
This idea, if the pvp was properly balanced, would make diablo II a huge money earner in terms of pvp.

Excitement, easy to follow = able to record and stream to a large audience that doesnt necessarily play the game.

The big thing is that the income is inherent within the game, from the RMAH, whereas other games pvp hinges on sponsorships from 3rd party organizations and corporations. Diablo's income is inherent within the game, you win - the opponents gear drops - you sell it for real money - you can afford to be a pro gamer rather than have a day job.
Reply Quote
Everything is Bind on pick up
What would be the point of killing them then?

However. I LOVE this idea. If this were to happen, I would find joy in Diablo 3 again
Reply Quote
This is just the most amazing idea ever.I am excited just reading about it. Going all in, truly all in. My toon, my gear, my pride on the line -feels the adrenaline rush-

Don't say there aren't enough to do it. There are enough in Hardcore. We are the only ones with the balls to do this.
Reply Quote
View profile
there is going to be hardcore pvp correct?
Reply Quote
Okay, lets visualize how this will play out.

All lvl 60 hardcore players get hyped, go into HC arena, And lose. (except a few)
They just lost their character AND equips and now have to make a NEW character to lvl 60.
AND try to buy back their equips from the previous fight. (if possible)

Endgame Hxc players realize the hassle in this. So instead of using their lvl 60, they start using lvl 20's and 30's (easier obtainable lvls) to do HC Arena. They use the gold they got from farming on their lvl 60 to buy lvl 20 lvl 30 equips for their low lvl pvp'er.

End Results?

No one is Pvping with their lvl 60's
HC Pvp will be bland and boring because of the lower lvl skills being used. and weapons.
All lvl 60 battles will be staged, and there will be no real risk.
Everyone will use SC arena, and HC arena will be nothing more than a waste of coding space.

Its obvious what you guys want, and yet you dont even know it. instead of this whole elaborate plan that OP has made. (which btw i doubt he/she will ever participate in)[b] why not just make a simple wager system?[/b]

it gives the thrill you nerds are seeking. While also being realistic in what pvping is about.

Tl;DR
Wager system / not pink slip system
Only idiots gamble when their life(lvl 60 hc toon) is on the line
(believe it or not, there are very few idiots in the world)
Hc Arena will be reduced to just lvl 20's and 30's

Ideas always sound good. So lets start visualizing them before we start approving them.
Reply Quote

All lvl 60 hardcore players get hyped, go into HC arena, And lose. (except a few)
They just lost their character AND equips and now have to make a NEW character to lvl 60.

Endgame Hxc players realize the hassle in this. So instead of using their lvl 60, they start using lvl 20's and 30's (easier obtainable lvls) to do HC Arena. They use the gold they got from farming on their lvl 60 to buy lvl 20 lvl 30 equips for their low lvl pvp'er.

End Results?

HC Pvp will be bland and boring because of the lower lvl skills being used. and weapons.
Everyone will use SC arena, and HC arena will be nothing more than a waste of coding space.

Its obvious what you guys want, and yet you dont even know it. instead of this whole elaborate plan that OP has made. (which btw i doubt he/she will ever participate in)[b] why not just make a simple wager system?[/b]

it gives the thrill you nerds are seeking. While also being realistic in what pvping is about.

Tl;DR

Ideas always sound good. So lets start visualizing them before we start approving them.

I agree with your logic. If you want someone sort of stakes, just add wager matches.
Reply Quote

End Results?

Tl;DR

You do understand, what the whole point of hardcore PvP is, if you loose - you loose everything, its not something you can get in few hours, its EVERYTHING, and if you win, you will win whole gear other player was having on his character, basicly you will win his character, gear is everything in this game, its something people are spending hundreds of hours on, its everything they want, and you will get it instantly, but you will wager your life(character, which is all his gear). Try to think about this concept, instead of visualising, people would be raising and dieing for level 30 items. You were visualising not Hardcore PVP concept.
Reply Quote
And theres only a limited number of level 60's that you can inject into the system before theres

1. a clear dominate player/group that is impossible to dual against. (if dualing is random)
2. people who don't wager anything (if dualing is non-random)
Reply Quote
It would suck if no one else is willing to throw down everything....
Reply Quote
insanely brilliant!!! implement it Blizz!
Reply Quote
I'll admit I skimmed the thread a bit, but didn't any of you duel in D2 on HC? All you got was a lousy ear!

And it was enough to have a huge amount of people pk'ing and pkk'ing and dueling etc.

And all you got was an ear.
Reply Quote
it's a damnInsane ideal some strong char will team up and beat all other chars think about that!
or even better some insane strong guild will kill all in sight what will happen then
Edited by darkx069#1162 on 6/19/2012 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]