Diablo® III

Hardcore PVP, Insane or Brilliant?

No, if players drop all their gear then people will just duel with friends and have them return the gear back to re-level a new character.

A better solution is the the person who dies will drop 1 random piece of gear that they are wearing.

You sound like a blizzard *##.. One who has no fun is making rewards over powered
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Adding my opinions here.

I like the wager system idea. It wouldn't be sending items out of the economy, but there could be ways to fix it. For instance, if you wanted to stake an iLvl 60 item, you have to put up a "sacrifice" item of at least iLvl 60 that will be destroyed. Not the best idea, but its all I have right now.

I also think "pink slip" pvp would have its place too. Maybe only have it unlocked at a certain level, though, to prevent too many low level "twink" heroes.

Personally I would like to see a rules system, that both players have to agree to before the match starts. Such as no switching skills/equipment mid-match, no potions, etc.

The only real fears I would have about it would be skilled players becoming so well geared that nobody will fight them. Not that they haven't earned the equipment, the risk would just be too much for a majority of the population. That and the items not leaving the economy.

In a basic format we could keep PVP options like SC, but in a separate bracket/economy from SC, and have the deathmatch option available.

EDIT: Yikes, sorry for the 2 week necro. Read about 6 pages before posting, I apologize.
Edited by Azzarth#1310 on 8/18/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Absolutly love this idea!!!

Do it Blizzard, please
Reply Quote
Calling this a brilliant concept is a stretch since this was exactly what a D2 loot duel essentially was among honorable combatants, but sure I think D3 HC should have the ability to PvP for death and non-death sparring perhaps as an option as well. Apart from that it would be fun if it was 1on1 and 2on2 options, but I don't know if that is going to the be the case. I saw some interview once that made it seem like team arena was the only option coming, but hopefully that wasn't set in stone and only speculative at the time. /agree
Reply Quote
Insanity and Brilliance are not mutually exclusive.

/Thread
Reply Quote
I dont play hardcore. But if I did, it would be for this. Just requested for a sticky.
Reply Quote
I support this idea, I've already been thinking since day one how I'll be torturing other players though legitimate PKing. Although I would want it to be an option to fight to the death not forced.

Some things that might concern me is matchmaking. There should be a match making system based off something like diabloprogress.com's "heroscore" for example. And I would like to see it thought through carefully, because I wouldn't want to face somebody super geared, nor would I want to smash somebody undergeared.

Another concern with that is somebody with exceptional pvp skills putting on low level equipment and killing players new to pvp before they get their feet wet. So a rating system that more or less discourages people from doing that. Maybe along the lines of... After wining so many fights you have an option to enter the next tier of competitors but it's only one way.
Reply Quote
Once a year HC tournaments sponsored by Blizzard that give pay out college educations at the cost of a HC character, that I would consider. At least Blizzard could make SOMETHING good come from this game. College education or a dead HC character. I could cope with that. Nothing outside of this though as I don't want the HC AH to get flooded and the economy destroyed.
Edited by HandsomeRob#1452 on 8/19/2012 12:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Another concern with that is somebody with exceptional pvp skills putting on low level equipment and killing players new to pvp before they get their feet wet. So a rating system that more or less discourages people from doing that. Maybe along the lines of... After wining so many fights you have an option to enter the next tier of competitors but it's only one way.

Remedy this by when an opponent flags to duel, it shows lifetime account record number of players killed under their name. EX:

PKPK Challenges you to a duel!
Players Killed: 435
_______ _______
| Accept | | Decline |
Edited by HandsomeRob#1452 on 8/19/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Remedy this by when an opponent flags to duel, it shows lifetime account record number of players killed under their name. EX:

That's a different scenario, I'm talking about match making where you don't get to see who you're going against until you're in the arena. And I feel who you're facing (name) should be kept private as it could lead to a lot of drama and bad language outside of the arena. That's a very d2 based pvp system, I hope game developers are past that and pvp should be much better sanctioned with official match ups.
Edited by Fuha#1913 on 8/19/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
No, if players drop all their gear then people will just duel with friends and have them return the gear back to re-level a new character.

A better solution is the the person who dies will drop 1 random piece of gear that they are wearing.

What a carebear.
Reply Quote
Brilliant. Implement ASAP
Oh wait, blizzard south
Reply Quote
I just wanted to give the idea a big plus 1!
Reply Quote
I'd rather hardcore PVP not count as a death...

Gives PVE players something to do when none of their friends are on to farm act2/3
Reply Quote
Bah thats not Hardcore...

It would be Hardcore if not only your taking his life but also his gear, his wife and his ponny
Reply Quote
Its entertaining because its death.

OR

You can CHOOSE TO EXECUTE for gear
Reply Quote
Are you not entertained?

Is this not why you are here?

i chuckled

Same. I'm all for this idea!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]