Diablo® III

Another instance is already running.

Support Forum Agent
Taurven,

Ok, let's try creating a new user account on your Windows and adding it to the admin group. Then log off and back on with that new account and try the installer.

Alright! The launcher worked this time and the game is installing. Now, I should, theoretically, be able to access the game from my main account on my computer, even though it's on this side account, yeah?

I also wonder if this still means that the launcher won't be present on my main account... But oh, well.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Taurven,

Once it installs, go back and try accessing it with the regular account.

Reply Quote
I got the same error message because of the %TEMP% and %TMP% system variables pointed to a non-existing directoy. A vanished ramdisk in my case. After redirecting the temporary files to a real hard disk (or starting the ramdrive) made the launcher run again.

There are a bunch of lock files like: "qtsingleapp-combli-839e-1-lockfile"...

Cheers,
Sor
Reply Quote
will be watching this thread as I have the same prob
Reply Quote
I can see it's a dead thread but can someone help me? I've been trying to launch the setup (both versions) like a thousand times now and it still doesn't work. First time a small window popped up, saying "updating" or something. There was some error like "couldn't connect with Blizzard update" or similar. Then, no matter how many times i tried to launch the setup, the window didn't pop up, and i got logs:

2013/01/29 23:25:17.004 - Blizzard Setup v500 at 'D:\Diablo III Setup.exe' for diablo3_plpl plPL reporting for duty!
2013/01/29 23:25:17.005 - Setup Complete!
2013/01/29 23:25:17.005 - Bootstrapper Stage: CHECK_PERMISSIONS
2013/01/29 23:25:17.005 - Fix permissions is not set. Continuing.
2013/01/29 23:25:17.005 - Bootstrapper Stage: CHECK_RUNNING_INSTANCE
2013/01/29 23:25:17.009 - Another instance of Blizzard Setup is running. Shutting down...
2013/01/29 23:25:17.009 - Bootstrap::run exited.
2013/01/29 23:25:17.018 - Work complete.
2013/01/29 23:25:17.106 - Closing logs.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Edited by Domus91#2816 on 1/29/2013 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Domus91,

Could you try what's described in the following two articles please?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-the-battlenet-cache-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/deleting-battlenet-tools-folder-pc?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=support_forums&utm_campaign=BlizzardCS

If it doesn't help, please start a new thread of your own, describing the problem along with the exact text of any error messages and what's been done so far to resolve it.
Reply Quote
Those two didn't work and now I'm gonna start a new thread.
Reply Quote
Problem solved, it was my antivirus (Norton Internet Security) that was blocking the update.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]