Diablo® III

WHINING

Every class is OP when geared. Ungeared Monk < Ungeared DH/Wiz/WD.

The reality is, at this point you're gonna have to farm gear more than other classes. You can do it by playing or using the AH.

Look on the bright side of things, at least after the next patch act 4 loot will drop in all acts.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Dunno why people have to cut these types of posts up. There are some valid points in here. Blizz did mention a while back when they nerfed healing mantra that it's absolutely vital players feel certain skills are NOT absolutely necessary to progress.

Q: When did life on hit become so vital to Monks?
A: After the healing mantra nerf. Infact they even changed the boon shield effect to what? thats right life on hit.

In essence they swapped the skill effect for another version of itself and made it so self healing was gear dependent not skill dependent.

As it stands now Serenity is the only skill I use to run in get some good SOLID hits in without kiting around lots and lots. Yeah the elite packs are killable but I have a hard time believing this was the design goal for the monk class: run in get a few solid hits kite away for 20 seconds with 3-5 hits in between, pop serenity run in get some solid hits rinse and repeat til dead.

Take serenity away completely and see how well the Monk does, hows that for feeling a certain skill is absolutely necessary to progress.

06/14/2012 03:21 PMPosted by Teckno
Your just playing the class wrong and aren't taken the time that is needed to be able to play in Inferno.

Can I see your act 3 and act 4 inferno vids on youtube please? oh and make sure to include you killing at least 1 pack of elites + a more difficult pack say vortex, shielding and molton or plagued.
Reply Quote
^^
Reply Quote
I don't get it how can you create a class that hits for 500% less than Dh's/Wizards , takes ALOT more dmg with tanking build/items than a barb and has ZEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOO survivability without "serenity"

Every single one of these complaints is completely incorrect.

Our damage skills do about the same percentage of weapon damage as DH and wizard skills. They will typically hit harder than us in similar quality gear because they weight their stats more offensively, but it's certainly not 500% more unless they hugely outgear you or you are being forced to kite constantly instead of meleeing (which is again a gear deficiency issue.)

We also most certainly do not take a lot more damage than barbarians with a defensive setup. One With Everything generally allows us to have higher resists than them, and Seize the Initiative, Hard Target and Keen Eye allow us to have as much or more armor most of the time too. On top of that, we also dodge more. My monk takes so little damage I cleared acts 3 and 4 of Inferno without ever having more than 35k hitpoints. I'd love to see a barbarian pull that off.

And all those things I just mentioned are excellent survivability tools that don't include Serenity. If you're finding Serenity is the only way you can survive, it means you're undergeared and should back up to an easier area to farm up more before you attempt to progress. The game is designed to require that periodically. You don't have to brute-force your way through Inferno undergeared.

How am i supposed to gear if the gear does NOT drop ?

The gear does drop. You're being impatient and expecting to progress faster than the game is designed for, then you're becoming frustrated about it and blaming your character. The problem isn't that monks are too weak. The problem is that you're undergeared and should go farm up some better items so you don't get so frustrated.

I spent less than a million gold gearing up my monk to clear Act 2 Inferno. I farmed most of the resist gear I needed from Warden/Butcher runs, bought a couple of cheap pieces to fill in gaps where I hadn't gotten quality drops, and then farmed the earlier parts of Act 2 until I got a suitable weapon to drop. The gear you need does drop if you are patient enough to farm it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
The gear does drop. You're being impatient

06/15/2012 03:13 AMPosted by Vaidency
I spent less than a million gold gearing up my monk to clear Act 2 Inferno

bought a couple of cheap pieces to fill in gaps where I hadn't gotten quality drops

nuff said used auction house to fill gaps.

I lol'd with a frowny face at the same time but inside my head cuzz the comment was stupid at the same time it was laughable.

and then farmed the earlier parts of Act 2 until I got a suitable weapon to drop.

k so get this, you're in act 1 inferno all over again. Lets pick on your weapon a bit, you do 100+ games which includes butcher, some caves and some open map clearing. TONS of rares drop including 100's of weapons. Now would you please show me a 1 handed wepon that had over 350 dps (lets include sockets for flexibility) and some life on hit over 150. That's it, Im not gonna ask for crit damage or attack speed or dex or vit or anything like that just a 350 dps 1 handed weapon with a measly 150 life on hit and give or take a socket.

ooohh waaaaaiiit that's right you farmed vases and chests and kited regular mobs in 2's & 3's over and over again in act 2 because you couldn't kill elite packs or bosses is act 2 with your 240 dps weapon from act 1
Reply Quote
Dat 240 dps weapon from act 1.
Reply Quote
i dont understand how so many people cant figure out how to play this class, and revert to WoW style !@#$%ing and whining to get anything done about the legit issues with the class
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 03:07 AMPosted by Atlantia
Can I see your act 3 and act 4 inferno vids on youtube please? oh and make sure to include you killing at least 1 pack of elites + a more difficult pack say vortex, shielding and molton or plagued.

I farm Act III quest 1 + 2. I burn through it pretty fast. Only been running it for four days or so. The only elites I have to skip are Invulnerable Minions.(sometimes I can take them, depending on the mob type)

Why don't I farm siege breaker you ask?

My Monk is just not ready for it. It takes more time and I die more than I like. I need better gear. So I'm farming at the optimal spot to get that gear. I already got an 1k dps weapon with nice stats, a bad !@# shield, and tons of sellables from my farming methods. I will continue to farm how I please until I feel my Monk is ready to proceed.

I made a DH for fun. Its cool and stuff, but nothing like my Monk. I play on my DH to do a Pony run here n there with some Wizard//DH friends. I rather play my Monk over DH any day.

Weapon that I found and currently using. I know it has no LoH, but I still have 550 LoH from my amulet//ring.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad336/darthtrunks/d3sword1.jpg

I'm not going to take the time to make a youtube video for you. Hopefully I will make some money off of D3 to get a new video card. Than I can just stream.
Edited by Teckno#1555 on 6/15/2012 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote

If ya dont have anything smart to write - dont write at all :)

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before posting this QQ?

Well , beside the fact that you wrote that your DH and Wizz FRIENDS love you for your buffs/stuff ....care to write how you manage without them in party QQ?
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 04:08 AMPosted by Teckno

I farm Act III quest 1 + 2. I burn through it pretty fast. Only been running it for four days or so. The only elites I have to skip are Invulnerable Minions.(sometimes I can take them, depending on the mob type)

Why don't I farm siege breaker you ask?

My Monk is just not ready for it. It takes more time and I die more than I like. I need better gear. So I'm farming at the optimal spot to get that gear. I already got an 1k dps weapon with nice stats, a bad !@# shield, and tons of sellables from my farming methods. I will continue to farm how I please until I feel my Monk is ready to proceed.

I made a DH for fun. Its cool and stuff, but nothing like my Monk. I play on my DH to do a Pony run here n there with some Wizard//DH friends. I rather play my Monk over DH any day.

Weapon that I found and currently using. I know it has no LoH, but I still have 550 LoH from my amulet//ring.

I'm not going to take the time to make a youtube video for you. Hopefully I will make some money off of D3 to get a new video card. Than I can just stream.

You found this in which act ? And with what char ?
Reply Quote
I found it in Act III while playing my Monk.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 05:49 PMPosted by xSpectrEx
Fine , i might not be the 'best' of the 'best' players but I do think that 7years of World of warcraft raiding and doing 99% of the bosses as a priest (that used to have 0 surviving skills) makes me atleast an 'average'

I lol'd so hard...WoW has nothing to do with Diablo, you !@#$ed up the moment you thought those skills would transfer...should have been playing D2 like 75% of the community here was and saving that 15 a month for beer.

Wait wait, so there are people playing D3 that ALSO played D2?

I seriously think that only 25% of the people playing D3 played D2 as well.
Reply Quote
You do realize that monk is the only class that would survive when !@#$ happen in inferno during a coop game
Reply Quote
i won't add more
MONK 20k dps - use at full potential
DH 140 k Dps - fake dps boosted by pasive who add crit rate every second: after first hit dps drop to 60 k
so we got
monk - 20kdps
dh 60k dps
monk can hit for 3-4 seconds if he use heal also then 4 serenity then 2 more so monk use full potential 10 seconds out of 10
DH - can hit for 2-4 seconds untill minions get in range (if they are not mortar or archers) then run 2 seconds to hit 2 more, run 3 more to hit 2 more
So actualy monk faceroll with 25k dps (AOE THAT'S IMPORTANT) 10 Seconds that's 250k dps AOE , after that he must wait 5 seconds untill he got serenity reused
mean time dh from 10 seconds msybe he can hit 5 seconds 300k dps (not aoe) , and if he run in wrong direction he got screwed in small spaces he got screwed.
that's what happens act 3 or 4
if same monk and same DH go to act 1 , monk will never go back from packs, kill 2- 3 elite packs at once, meantime DH still die sometimes.

My point is every clas got his + and - , i started DH on Eu server then when i started on Us server i decided to make monk , and i enjoy this hibrid way more then DH
Try by urself, aswell when monk is able to farm one area he will destroy everythink, consider that as one advantage
Edited by Rayya#2238 on 6/15/2012 5:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Serenity (with 7sec lasting -> read somewhere on these forums it's the best coz it's healing sucks)

Stopped reading in here...

Anyways.. We do everything you want to prove that we don't. We just need more gears than your average ranged class. But that's how it was since D1 and D2, so if you played those 2 games before D3.. You'd know.

Stop with the complaints with A3/A4 gears needed for A1/A2. We have the Auction House for that. Believe me, DH and Wiz has their own share of !@#$.
Reply Quote
Ha if monks are imbalanced it's because they are too good.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Perhaps you should have taken your own advice before posting this QQ?

Well , beside the fact that you wrote that your DH and Wizz FRIENDS love you for your buffs/stuff ....care to write how you manage without them in party QQ?

The reason my DH/Wiz friends love grouping with me is for the same reason I like having them in party; those packs that I have problems with, they find easier, and their problem packs are faceroll for me. If we get a Vortex, Fast, Reflect Damage, Mortar pack, they !@#$% and moan while I just laugh and facetank them all day long. A Fire Chains, Plagued, Illusionist pack makes me a sad panda, but my friends just drop AoEs and ranged-bomb them into oblivion.

Imagine that, complementary playstyles improves your game!

Solo, I kill packs just fine. I do occassionally skip a pack solo because they would take too much time, but normally when I'm by myself I run Spider Queen/Azmodan runs till one of my friends gets on.

Your basic problem is that you are undergeared, and you refuse to address the issue except through whining. Most of us sold the drops we got in Act 1, bought dex/vit/resist gear on the cheap, moved to act 2, and repeated the process. If this is too hard for you, don't worry. You can either wait a few weeks, for when Blizzard changes the drop rates so that Act 4 loot can drop in Act 1, or you can become a Credit Card Warrior through the RMAH; I'm perfectly fine with this second option, I can even direct you to some of my fine RMAH auctions if you so desire =).
Reply Quote
OP I am not going to say you are completely full of !@#$. I DO think you are MOSTLY full of %^-*, but you DO bring up some half decent points.

HOWEVER...you are being a total c unt about it and because of that everyone here just sees you as a whining troll that can't play his class. Try a little more tact and respect on these forums and I think you will be surprised at the results.
Reply Quote
Disagree somewhat with this post. Having a L60 DH and L60 Monk, I have more fun and last longer with my severely undergeared Monk. The DH is overloaded with DPS but Kiting or shooting enemies off-screen is NOT fun for me. I've died many more times as a DH than a Monk- so survivability is king in Inferno.

While the Monk has a lot of challenges in Inferno, I'm sure I will be able to solve this once I farm enough gold to start upgrading the gear.
Reply Quote
OP you might wanna check out this post.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5596256393
This proves monk is a beast class and you are playing it wrong. Stop whining and farm out some gold/gear in act 1. Then start goblin farming and belial farming act 2. It's a slow process. Inferno isn't supposed to be easy.

Quityer!@#$%in and put your nose the grindstone.
Edited by Mayerling#1620 on 6/15/2012 7:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]