Diablo® III

Linking paypal without a creditcard?

When trying to link my blizzard account with paypal for diablo 3 rmh under account settings > add payment method > paypal i receive this error on the paypal site
"You may not use your existing credit cards to fund this payment. Please use a different type of card."

Had a support ticket for over 2 days now so I'm hoping the forums can help
Edited by Dragonflare#1928 on 6/14/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Anyone?
Reply Quote
same
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
Still 0 helpful response from blizzard on my ticket...
Reply Quote
Did you try and contacy paypal to see the reason. It maybe something they can fix for you.

Paypal is just like a CC you need to content them not Blizzard if get a billing error.
Edited by Romiz#1317 on 6/14/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ya and the person i talked to told me to refer to blizzard :|
Chances are blizzard will tell me to talk to paypal so both are kinda out the window
Reply Quote
Would also LOVE an answer to this. I really wanna link mine >_>
Reply Quote
bumping cause I got same problem.
Do you guys have paypal account verified cause I don't and it might be the problem. (I'm scared of possible account hacking and don't wanna risk linking my bank account to paypal)
Reply Quote
When trying to link my blizzard account with paypal for diablo 3 rmh under account settings > add payment method > paypal i receive this error on the paypal site
"You may not use your existing credit cards to fund this payment. Please use a different type of card."

This is a PayPal issue. Blizzard has no control over this and won't be able to help you.

Do you guys have paypal account verified cause I don't and it might be the problem. (I'm scared of possible account hacking and don't wanna risk linking my bank account to paypal)

Been using PayPal for about 10 years with no issue. You're fine.
Reply Quote

I can link PayPal to battle.net without verifying my CC. But I haven't received any of the payments yet, so I thought I might as well verify just in case.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 11:05 PMPosted by Ziltoid
i linked my bank account with paypal, seemingly works just fine.

Do you also have Credit card or just bank account is fine?
Reply Quote
My chequing account has been verified since months and months ago but it still asks me for cc info =/
Reply Quote
can anyone help me i dont have credit card but have my paypal account linked to bank account how do i link my account to paypal!
Reply Quote

This happened to me . I had an expired prepaid cc registered on paypal. All I did was update it to a newer prepaid card. It didn't even have anymore money on it.

I don't know why it asks for a cc when a bank account is linked.
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 11:17 PMPosted by robocup
i linked my bank account with paypal, seemingly works just fine.

Do you also have Credit card or just bank account is fine?

Yes he has a creditcard attached, otherwise he can't link his paypal.
I've got my paypal linked to my bank account and it's not working cause they are asking for my credit card (which i don't have).
I called Blizzard and they said i should contact PayPal, which i did.
They said i should contact Blizzard.

So i made a follow up on my ticket (on which after 3 days i still don't have an answer, and i don't wanna call again and put on hold for another hour).
Reply Quote
Same problem here, why can't blizzard also just accept the bankaccount way of paypal instead just on the CC..

It's been bothering me alot since I also want to make use of the RMAH with paypal..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]