Diablo® III

Hit 'n' Heal ?

Hey guys,

I'm not that into all the mechanics (time consuming, at least), therefore 1 question for the experts and math geniuses:

What counts as a "hit" that heals hp when having activated the "Mantra of healing" rune thats regenerates HP upon hit?

Deadly Reach > Scattered blows: Does the third strike that beats up to 6 monsters heal 6x (if there are 6, of course)

Way of the Hundred Fists: Does it mean this is more than 7 hits (equals to more than 7 heals) per sec?

Scattered Winds: Are those "Hits" or just kind of continous damage (though you can see "hits" when life bars are switched on)

Obviously not, otherwise a monk couldn't be killed other than by 1-hit monsters.
Is there any formula or equation around someone could tell me?

Thanks in advance!

PS: I apologize in advance if this topic has been around before and I wasn't able to find it...
Edited by Ingrimm#2141 on 6/15/2012 3:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I asked a similar question a while back and didn't get any replies. From observation HP from life on hit is generated on the first hit of each animated attack only.

06/15/2012 03:39 AMPosted by Ingrimm
Way of the Hundred Fists: Does it mean this is more than 7 hits (equals to more than 7 heals) per sec?

So if using the above and you hit 7X and have 500 life on hit you gain 500 HP once in 7 hits. I often wondered why if it's called life on hit and I hit 2 or 3 or 7x in a skill why I only gain from the first hit. I suppose it would be OP otherwise.

Real question I had a while back is what other skills can I use to generate life on hit at the same time I'm attacking with a primary skill.
Reply Quote
Does the same apply for a sword/axe/etc my hero is equipped with? That could explain some painfull experiences with hordes of minions...
Apply for leach also??
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Each monk skill that does damage has something called a 'proc coefficient' associated with it. It varies from 0 to 100%. Single target skills tend to have a 100% 'proc coefficient'(i'll just say PC from now on) and AoE and mutliple target skills are lower.

Many of our spirit spenders have a 0 PC, and all of our spirit generators have a PC, but they vary. Different skill runes do have different PC's on them.

The percent of a PC is equal to what % of your life on hit you are healed each time you use an attack. For instance, if you have 100 LoH and use an attack with a 100% PC, you'll be healed 100 health. If the attack is a 75% PC, you'll be healed 75 health.

The posts that had these lists in them are probably buried 30 pages deep now with all the trade forum spam in the Monk forums, good luck finding them.

Oh yeah. The PC only effects LoH, not % lifesteal. That is nerfed to a straight 20% effectiveness in Inferno. Sorry I'm not giving you more information on precise numbers, but honestly I don't remember them all. I'll see if I can dig up the link to the thread...

Found it! it's in the first two posts of this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592451270

Hope this helps!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
1st hit only. You don't get 30 spirit from hitting 5 mobs at the same time, you don't get LoH from 5 mobs while hitting them at the same time. Simple.

/thread.

Um... you're dead wrong about the life on hit. You DO get LoH for hitting multiple mobs. The amount varies from skill to skill. Read my post before this and look at the link.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]