Diablo® III

Build Diversity?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012#blog
There's some mention of build diversity in for the coming update.

- When the mob difficulty allows for various viable builds... The skills are locked.
- By the time you unlock skills, most of them are rendered useless.

How many different builds are viable by the time you get to inferno?

Is anyone able to use these skills at all past act 1 hell?
- vortex
- retribution mantras
Reply Quote
I've used every skill but Mantra of Retribution, WotHF, and SSS on inferno. The first one is just not good enough right now, HF animation locks you, and SSS's cooldown is too long.
Reply Quote
Thanks. The lock on WotHF didn't seem to be a problem when I slapped on a ton of LoH, at which point it out performed FoT. The SSS-FO was fun for nuking clusters of normals and a finisher. The cooldown really forces you to have an independently viable 5-slot build with SSS bootstrapped.

Tested MoR with Mystic Ally(Eternal): funny, but that's about it.
Reply Quote
Uh yea. I use MoR(Attack Speed Rune)/HF(Burning Fists) in a an attack speed farming build for act 1 inferno. I also used Hundred Fists with the last rune for my first kill on Kulle in Inferno.

Cyclone Strike with the dodge or healing rune is pretty good for dealing with monsters in Dahgur Oasis.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]