Diablo® III

How to solo Inferno: Updated 1.0.4

90 Human Rogue
06/16/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Ruwe
The combination of skills and the kiting style/technique of fighting doesn't matter in any way, shape or form when you are at the mercy of broken elites with broken combinations of abilities that kill you in less than a second with no hope to react and no abilites to actually counter what they are doing outside of serenity.

You should go play a few games with one of the "good" monks, the few that have completed inferno. There are quite a few of them on the forums who are usually willing to play a game or two with somebody. Watch how they position themselves and how they tackle the elites. There are quite a few elites that I just skip on Act III, I am no where near being geared enough for them. Kite them into a corner and run on by. Eventually Act III will feel like Act II, it's all a matter of learning how to counter what they have. I do agree that some of combo's they get are just a bit on the silly side, Invulnerable Minion Shielding Molten Frozen Fast comes to mind........

I think some demented soul at Blizzard is monitoring games.... OOO a monk??? lets give them teleporting fire chain plauged jailer with arcane just to throw a twist on it!

I've not only seen streams of monks who have completed inferno, but i've also grouped with them. I'm doing the EXACT SAME THING they are.

And guess what? They are doing the EXACT SAME THING I am. Dying a ton and skipping 90% of the elite/champion packs.
Reply Quote
Wow man, easy on the rage, go kick a kitten or something!

I try to group with a barb and DH if at all possible. The barb gives me an extra 325 resist and another body for the champs to beat up on. The DH... well we all know why you want one of those in your group....

At least I feel better now :-) I thought that is was just me sucking hind tit.
Reply Quote
Hi all, its the OP again.

I'm glad to see that this is being used and appreciated.

Just wanted to address this:

I've not only seen streams of monks who have completed inferno, but i've also grouped with them. I'm doing the EXACT SAME THING they are.And guess what? They are doing the EXACT SAME THING I am. Dying a ton and skipping 90% of the elite/champion packs.

All I can say is that when I killed Azmo, I had 5 stacks.

When I killed Diablo, I had 5 stacks.

Sure if I see a set of shielding, vortex, fire chain, arcane enchanted OPpressors...I say screw that and drag them into a corner, take a death and continue on...

When I play really well and use all my tools well, I kill elites in one go. If I play poorly and make a mistake...sure I die...this is inferno after all.

I can't give you a build to make inferno easy...it just doesn't exist. All I can do is give you the best setup I've found and share my experiences.

I will say that I've been playing a round with the air elemental ally. And I really like him and he makes the diablo fight much easier. I've been stacking up 5 and then murdering Diablo. I dropped sweeping wind when I do this as I need the other skills too much. against elites.

I'll continue to monitor this thread and answer questions.

I did see one about rings and not having IAS on them. While the absolute best setup would involve having both...no one wants to drop 500 bucks on their d3 rings.

What I did was find a 1.4 monk fist with an additional 25% IAS to bring it up to 1.75. I then bought gloves with an additional 15 (upgraded to 17 since then) and got it over 2. Using fists, you don't need more than that. Sure it would be nice...but you have to take care of essentials first (namely loh).

I've also seen a little scoffing about my hp. If you run more hp, you lose dps or resistance (or both). Having 35k hp might save you against a big hit once in a while, but you'll suffer in progression due to lack of resists and damage and may run into other issues. I have beefed up my champ to 31k since defeating diablo, but I wanted to focus to be on progression. Big hits are avoidable...you just want to setup the best you can against non-avoidable incoming damage. Once you've got Diablo down, then you can start beefing up and feeling "comfortable."

I'll keep checking this if anyone wants questions answered, just ask.
Edited by Peli#1747 on 6/16/2012 4:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
+1
Finally a build that suits me fine...feeling so optimistic for act 3 infrrno now...tomorrow morning I will see how this will work out :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

All I can say is that when I killed Azmo, I had 5 stacks.

When I killed Diablo, I had 5 stacks.

Sure if I see a set of shielding, vortex, fire chain, arcane enchanted OPpressors...I say screw that and drag them into a corner, take a death and continue on...

When I play really well and use all my tools well, I kill elites in one go. If I play poorly and make a mistake...sure I die...this is inferno after all.

How do you kill soul rippers? Because over 50% of the packs I face in act 3 keep and tower are soul rippers. The normal soul rippers kill me in 3 hits, how are you dealing with the champions/elites?

Are you just running by most packs until you find an optimal one to fight? How are you seperating these packs from the dozens of deadly white mobs that are surrounding them?

Where are you actually farming in act 3? Because the whole thing from top to bottom is a completely imbalanced POS. The easiest run by far is the bridge.
Edited by jrelthewise#1102 on 6/16/2012 4:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I may be wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that bliz made it so that the aoe skills didn't proc on-hit effects?
Reply Quote
I was having trouble with A3 and I followed some of OPs advise especially on where to get what stats and decided to try out SSS. Results were me not only getting through A3 (and downing a molten fire chains (plus mortar/knockback) soul ripper pack but I blasted through A4 and downed diablo too! And I only had to spend about 1.2m regearing! If I knew you irl I'd buy you a drink good sir! /salute.
Reply Quote
Haha! Good work Drek, glad to hear it.

Soul rippers are tough to be sure.

The problem most have is that they are too fast to be kited.

What I found most effective is to basically go toe to toe with them. It gets really dicey sometimes, especially if they have fire chains or shielding. But usually, I can use my LoH and defensive cds to break up their damage to tank them.

If you can find a narrow area where all of them can't reach you at once, that helps a lot.

I didn't do it this way, but I bet if you took elemental ally over sweeping wind it would make soul ripper easier.

In all honesty though, if white mobs are giving you a lot of trouble...you probably just need some more gear. Other than the pestilence guys, they deal tons of damage as intended if not treated as a threat.

Evo is correct on the LoH. there is a thread floating around with a spreadsheet of modifiers linked. I can't verify it's accuracy, but it seems legit.

I can say that the LoH ratio on FoL is pretty strong in AoE though.

To the 50% IAS nerf comment. I haven't seen anything official yet. But I haven't looked today. This would be very very detrimental to monks...and a poor choice on Blizzard's part if it's the case. That would be extreme.

Looking at the unofficial IAS nerf notes, I am having a very very hard time believing that Blizz would be stupid enough to do it this way. I don't trust or believe these notes.
Edited by Peli#1747 on 6/17/2012 2:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To the OP:

THANK YOU!

I had just reached inferno Act I on my monk and was having serious struggles with getting NV stacks or progressing through content enough to be able to start farming gear. With just changing my skills to your recommendation and about 100k worth of gear upgrades, I am able to move through inferno Act I as easily as I was able to progress through Hell Act IV. Your post has been immensely helpful!
Reply Quote
Thank you OP ur post was informative and extremely helpful, ad as others said ur build was much better than mine (even if its 4k less dps). MY question to you is, how do I improve? Here are my Gear and my stats, would appreciate it greatly if you could suggest improvements. I feel like ive hit a wall, and some Act 2 elites are killer, I dont know where else i can improve :(.

Gear:http://i.imgur.com/xSbyP.png

Stats: http://imgur.com/KbZrL

You can't see it but i have 29k hp/ 1145 LoH. I just don't know how to increase efficiency without sacrificing too much mitigation. I feel my dodge is way too low (38.5% with the buff) I just don't know what to improve.
Edited by Thriving#1133 on 6/17/2012 12:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hey im selling a 600+ loh necklace with 104 dex and crit dmg 46%

interested? :)
Reply Quote
Here's that LoH doc for anyone who needs it https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArKUly7-jsZzdGhjaG1ERDMtS2M0cHhkTjB5b0hZTkE&single=true&gid=0&output=html
Reply Quote
hey im selling a 600+ loh necklace with 104 dex and crit dmg 46%

interested? :)

how much are you selling that for
Reply Quote
An article of great quality....Thanks o lot !
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey did you have 18k dmg base without any buffs?
Reply Quote
can we take a look at your gear?
Reply Quote
@Thriving

You gear looks pretty solid over all. I'd say that you should be able to clear act 2 without too much trouble in your current gear.

You should start shopping for new jewelry for act 3. Getting some substantial dex/resist in addition to LoH will help your mitigation and give more value to that LoH. I'd try to improve the strenght/int LoH ring next.

Your IAS also seems low, but with the pending changes, you might want to wait on that until we know what is going on with IAS changes for sure.

@Tictax- I do run the enchantress who gives a minor IAS buff. Other than that, yes the damage is unbuffed. I don't run BoH or anything that buffs damage, but I do have a helm that improves the damage of Fists of lightning.

@Lado- I'll see if I can find time to post my gear.
Edited by Peli#1747 on 6/18/2012 4:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
To the 50% IAS nerf comment. I haven't seen anything official yet. But I haven't looked today. This would be very very detrimental to monks...and a poor choice on Blizzard's part if it's the case. That would be extreme.

Looking at the unofficial IAS nerf notes, I am having a very very hard time believing that Blizz would be stupid enough to do it this way. I don't trust or believe these notes.

Is this build viable if the IAS nerf does happen as the datamined sources suggest?

Because fists with 25% would become at best 12.5% for a < 1.6 weapon.

I don't see how you'd get > 2.0 without IAS on the pricey rings / amulets, which kinda undoes a lot of the economic benefits to this build :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
How to Solo Inferno:

Roll a DH/ Wizard /WD.

You won't spend 9000000000000000000000000000000 gold doing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]