Diablo® III

Monks Your FLAWS have been revealed!!

IF the core mechanics of monk is to be a evasive fighter as compare to barbarian.

Shouldn't him/her be able to regenerate his resources without sticking in battle and can't tank.

Shouldn't him/her be able to have some mantra of chanting that instantly restores spirit
But have a long cooldown etc(kinda like preparation).

I am tired of kiting around only to see me waste my spirit down to 0 with tempest rush only to see my death over and over again.

or cast a useless inner sanctuary and watch elites defecate with desecration/arcane/nightmarish/knockback and can't get full effect to use it.

or spam my inefficient heal that i need 2 healing spells and one mantra and still die.

Shouldn't it be attacks cost spirit... so that if no spirit we will be evasive or kite around
until it is generated.
Like hatred generation resource system.
Edited by URBER#6794 on 6/14/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
people use tempest rush?!

isn't that the spinny staff movement move?
Reply Quote
This.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#bcTgiQ!Ycd!cZcaYZ

You need a Daibo with 2+ regen, and a lot of +regen on other itens. And get crit affixes.
Reply Quote
people use tempest rush?!

isn't that the spinny staff movement move?

Tempest Rush is an awesome skill for positioning. It's like having the W key of WASD movement bound to one of your skill slots, which can be far superior to click-to-move when dealing with huge hitboxes.

Try it on a butcher run or something, or belial. It makes avoiding those choreographed big hits a lot easier.
Edited by V12US#1535 on 6/15/2012 12:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I die a lot simply because I can't hit anything to regen my spirit - trapped by shielded mobs is my second most reason to die (The first is lag [DAMN YOU BLIZZARD] - when you see everything moving, but nothing happening - you know it's a death).
Reply Quote
if you need TR to positions properly and avoid big hit it just means that you aren't very good. There are many better abilities that can replace that slot.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure OP is just bad and wants to spam skills and can't do it
Reply Quote
this build is cute, i should try it
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Insomnus
I die a lot simply because I can't hit anything to regen my spirit - trapped by shielded mobs is my second most reason to die (The first is lag [DAMN YOU BLIZZARD] - when you see everything moving, but nothing happening - you know it's a death).

Want to regen lots of spirit?...

Get 1.5-2 regen/sec per weapon and the same for a monk helm.

4+ passive spirit regen is relatively easy to get and lets you pretend you're a DH!
Edited by EasyMode#1454 on 6/15/2012 6:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I am tired of kiting around only to see me waste my spirit down to 0 with tempest rush only to see my death over and over again.

or cast a useless inner sanctuary and watch elites defecate with desecration/arcane/nightmarish/knockback and can't get full effect to use it.

or spam my inefficient heal that i need 2 healing spells and one mantra and still die.

-MoH with Circular Breathing rune = +3spi/sec + health regen, WHILE YOU RUN.

-Who the !@#$ uses Holy Sanctuary? Use bubble with Ascension rune...

-Who the %^-* uses TEMPEST RUSH!?!

-"spam heal" <- haha, this isn't WoW.

You are very, very seriously playing your monk backward.
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure the title can be changed to, URBER, YOUR PLAYING STYLE HAS TO BE CHANGED.
Reply Quote
@Zeemus
Agreed, who uses tempest rush?
Reply Quote
Never played WoW, didn't have to.

You could "spam-heal" with any healing mantra until they nerfed it.

In fact, could get by with that as your only source of HP. Could that have been enough to get you through ALL of Inferno? No idea, I only got half way through Act 1 before they changed it.

I'm not surprised people are still trying to play like that.

EDIT: Just occurred to me you could still rig some sort of spam-heal with transcendence. Not a plausible, but a possible strategy.
Edited by Algus#1162 on 6/15/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Never played WoW, didn't have to.

You could "spam-heal" with any healing mantra until they nerfed it.

In fact, could get by with that as your only source of HP. Could that have been enough to get you through ALL of Inferno? No idea, I only got half way through Act 1 before they changed it.

I'm not surprised people are still trying to play like that.

I don't care what MoH did, I care what it does, as should OP.
Edited by MaxX#1243 on 6/15/2012 7:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
That's true.
But more importantly, we should care about WoW is played.

Your condescending remarks are top of the class.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Internet anonymity makes my muscles bigger.
Reply Quote

EDIT: Just occurred to me you could still rig some sort of spam-heal with transcendence. Not a plausible, but a possible strategy.

Herp derp. Life / Spirit spent is awesome. I am rocking about 150 atm (including Transcendence), and it's the only thing keeping my monk alive. :p

(and I have killed Diablo on Inferno with 5 stacks; just sayin')
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 06:34 AMPosted by Zeemus
-Who the %^-* uses TEMPEST RUSH!?!

I do.
Reply Quote
dashing strike is much better. and costs only 10 spirit with the rune.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 07:29 AMPosted by Zeemus
Internet anonymity makes my muscles bigger.

Makes my brain bigger too.

We can have a Albert Scharazenegger love child
Edited by Soundb#1770 on 6/15/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]