Diablo® III

I can't use anything other than FoT TC

The mobility, attack/spirit regen rate, and knockback is just too good. But things like the reduced damage from crippling and the armor increase on deadly reach seem so good.

What do you guys think is the best spirit generator for someone with about 1700 LoH and a 2.3 AS?
Reply Quote
It completely depends on your survivability. If your currently having 0 problems with you setup and very few deaths, then I would say FoT is probably the best.

Me on the other hand, I LOVE the bonus armor from Deadly Reach and find that it's hard to take it out of my skill set (until I get my armor/res where they need to be).
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I use both DR: Keen Eye and and FoT: Thunderclap. I was pretty much in the same situation as you guys, and said screw it I'll use both. DR is just too useful for just about everything post Act II, and FoT is the best spirit generator in the game with awesome damage to boot, and even better with LoH.

Using two generators oddly feels like how the Monk should be played though.
Edited by Taterz#1298 on 6/15/2012 7:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I also love FoT and it's spirit get, teleport skills but it can be a problem in certain situations where i want to simply stand in one place or have to be in a precise point. For example, if fighting Butcher and i want to avoid the fires, FoT does get me into trouble sometimes.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
06/15/2012 07:11 AMPosted by gr8ndm8ster
I also love FoT and it's spirit get, teleport skills but it can be a problem in certain situations where i want to simply stand in one place or have to be in a precise point. For example, if fighting Butcher and i want to avoid the fires, FoT does get me into trouble sometimes.

You can always hold shift while attacking to keep yourself in place. I believe it also stops the teleport part of thunderclap as well.
Reply Quote
Thunderclap is awesome if you can stay alive while facetanking elites. And I don't mean just when your cooldowns are up. If you have to run in circles when serenity is on CD, yo u should be using deadly reach. IMO Keen Eye is just too good not to use most of the time. That said, when I do siegebreaker runs I use thunderclap with the damage buff from deadly reach:foresight to make it go quicker, as I'm seriously overgeared for anything before the last quest of act 3.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 07:20 AMPosted by Taterzz

You can always hold shift while attacking to keep yourself in place. I believe it also stops the teleport part of thunderclap as well.

*sometimes* that stops the teleport.. not always.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 07:23 AMPosted by fEL
*sometimes* that stops the teleport.. not always

this is why i use deadly reach. I will go back and try it again but the teleport on shift drives me nuts
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]