1) WD's have the tools they need to kite normal mobs, and kill them successfully, even without the best gear.
2) We are not locked in VQ Bears or POV builds. There are several skill combinations which work quite well.
3) Pets cannot survive even 1 hit from a3 or a4 normal mobs, and are therefore just fodder at that point. Zombie Dogs start being fodder in a1, while the gargantuan is by the end of a2.
4) Elites and champ mobs in a3-a4 are nearly impossible to kill solo, even with the best gear available in the game. I would love to hear from other WD's to see if they were able to solo even one of these a3-a4 elite packs. The only way to get past these mobs is to either spirit walk or herd them into an out of the way corner. I would love to have stacks of valor...but thats not really possible anymore for the solo WD on a3+. Im not even saying to nerf the elite mobs. Other classes can kill them. It would just be nice if WD's could as well. Each class in D3 is supposed to be able to stand on their own right?
5) A good WD has great survivability tools at his/her disposal. Spirit walk and Vessel are so essential for a3-a4 that any other build that doesnt include these is not viable. Im not sure if this is a good thing however. My suggestion is to make these spirit walks completely "no clip". I cant tell you how many times Ive tried to walk around/though and an entire pack of mobs who have surrounded me and died, even with both Vessel and Walk going off. That has to be fixed.
6) Even with the best gear, mana costs for Spirit Barrage are outrageous. Unless you have Spiritual Attunement AND Rush of Essence, you cant cast it more than a few times. Same with almost all of the WD spells - Bears, Frogs, etc. Basically, if you want to use a skill with a real mana cost, you are locked into VQ. I dislike being locked into any one skillset.
There are more issues, but these are at the top of my list for the moment.