Diablo® III

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator - Blackberry

Sorry, hope this is the right place to post this thing.

I always wanted to add more security to my account.
From the Diablo 3 early launch, i decide to try the mobile authenticator in my blackberry phone.

When I first check on the download site :https://us.battle.net/account/support/mobile-auth-download.html

I notice that it's not supported for my Blackberry Bold 9780 (Onyx 2).
Recently whenever I remember, i always check and hope there was an update on the application.
but I found nothing #sad

I don't plan on buying new android/apple phone on the time being, nor purchase the authenticator

Is there any other way around for this?

I want to activated my battle.net account for RMAH too.

please help.
Thanks.
Edited by Zervo#6543 on 6/14/2012 7:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For my Windows Phone, the link to the Authenticator app on Blizzard site didnt work for me but I went to the Windows Phone marketplace and searched and installed the app from there.

I don't know if its the same for blackberry but have you tried searching the app store (or equivalent) for your local region to see if that works for you?
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Zervo you can always order the keychain authenticator, assuming it can be shipped to your area. It is sold below cost at $6.50 with free shipping in the US. Don't worry if they don't have the one with D3 artworks. Any of them work for your battle.net account.

Keychain Authenticator: http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-authenticator-faq
Reply Quote
For my Windows Phone, the link to the Authenticator app on Blizzard site didnt work for me but I went to the Windows Phone marketplace and searched and installed the app from there.

I don't know if its the same for blackberry but have you tried searching the app store (or equivalent) for your local region to see if that works for you?

Yes, thanks for your reply.

I already search through my app world, and i found none.

@all BB user
If another blackberry user found it on the app world. please tell me.
Thanks.

06/14/2012 07:07 PMPosted by MissCheetah
Zervo you can always order the keychain authenticator, assuming it can be shipped to your area. It is sold below cost at $6.50 with free shipping in the US. Don't worry if they don't have the one with D3 artworks. Any of them work for your battle.net account.

Yeah I know, but i don't plan on buying that for now.
You see, $6.5 is considered quite a lot in my currency.
I'm a bit low on my game budget, so i really hope there is another work around for this

thanks for posting tho. really appreciate it
Reply Quote
Zervo, are you in the US?

I just searched the US app world for "blizzard" and I can see the Mobile Authenticator listed there.

Search result for word "blizzard"
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/search/blizzard/?lang=en

Battle.net Mobile Authenticator
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/13011/?lang=en
Reply Quote
Zervo, are you in the US?

I just searched the US app world for "blizzard" and I can see the Mobile Authenticator listed there.

Nope, I'm from Indonesia, South East Asia

I'm going to look your links and see if those will work for mine.

Thanks a lot Topher.
Reply Quote
oh..
it said:
"The Item is not available for your Device Model, Device OS, Carrier and Country combination."

or could u download and sent it to me?
or perhaps upload it somewhere, so i could download and try to install it on my mobile?

or maybe perhaps i should try changing my country on the account and tried it again
Reply Quote
Hmm, not sure what is going on. Unfortunately, I cannot download for you as I dont have a blackberry or an app world account.

I had a look at the requirements and it could be that your model (9780) is not supported as it only has the 9700 and 9800 so not sure if that includes the models in between.

Also, can you check and see if your phone has the version: smartphone 4.2.0 or higher as apparently that is the minimum version that the authenticator will work on.

Supported Models:
<snip>
BlackBerry 9700
BlackBerry 9800

If you are running v4.2.0 or higher, I'm not sure what else to suggest besides keep bumping this thread so other blackberry users can see it or try to open a support ticket to clarify whetherthe 9780 is fully supported as the list isnt clear.

Sorry I wasnt more help.
Edited by Topher#1944 on 6/14/2012 8:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/14/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Topher
Hmm, not sure what is going on. Unfortunately, I cannot download for you as I dont have a blackberry or an app world account.

Oh yeah, true, i just tried create new account, and it requires me to connect my device. when i connect it, it's the same as before, i can not download it :(

oh yeah, btw my phone is above version 4.2.0

and i already sent my ticket, but still haven't got my reply yet.

06/14/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Topher
Sorry I wasnt more help.

Your help are more than enough.. Thanks for your time and effort.
I really appreciate it.

I'll add your battletag if you don't mind. Perhaps we could party up together some time.
Reply Quote
Would could always try running the software version of the android app, it an emulator, but if you do that and can do it, it is recommend by other to use a separate computer for doing it and have an antivirus program on there and any other security software on there to prevent you/your computer from getting infected with malware/virus.
Reply Quote
Also looking to use the authenticator today so I can avoid the paypal fee on the AH. Sadly my Curve 9370 is not supported. Glad I have a smartphone that can't run this simple of an application. -_- I would really like if blizzard would increase support for this..
Reply Quote
Hi, I'm a Blackberry user as well and the appworld website wont allow me to install Battle.net Mobile Authenticator in my phone. I read from somewhere that another phone OS (not sure which one) is also having the same problem, but they were able to do a workaround and it worked fine. I'm bumping this thread and hope something comes up. Goodluck to all BB users!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]