Diablo® III

A good build for killing Inferno Butcher?

I'm in need of help here.
I'm pretty damn sure my stats are more than high enough to kill this piece of trash, but everytime I get him down to the point of engraging, I die.
I have 40k Life, 444 All resists, and 38xx Armor.
What is a viable build to kill him with ?
Reply Quote
This is my build for ACT 1, farming in imprisoned angel (you clear butcher in this farm route too).
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiXgYk!XVU!aZbYaa

it's a good built, balance out each skill and it's cooldown and you can be near invulnerable.

P.S. Just stay clear of the fire unless you have 1k resist.
P.P.S when the butcher hooks you, use serenity to break free, and if he in red to charge blind cancels his charge.

Have fun.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have 19k dmg, 5k armor, and 500 resist, 45% dodge and 4% melee reduction. I have no problem with butcher. My build is almost identical to the one already posted except I use the rune for 30% dmg for 3 seconds in Blinding Flash and use Crippling Wave instead of sweeping wind. I have 375 life on hit and 3% dmg converted to life. The hook is pretty easy to avoid and there is a line where he charges. I normally save serenity for when im about to be standing in fire and pop it as soon as the fire actually flames up so I can keep damage going constantly kill him real fast.
Reply Quote
FoT thunderclap
Deadly reach foresight
Mantra of conviction submission/overawe
Blinding flash faith in light
Serenity Ascension
Breath of heaven blazing wrath

Transcendence
Seize initiative
Combo strike

12k base dps is where u wanna be. I currently farm at 19k base and around 270-310 ish resists. 5600 armor and around 28k hp.

This build destroys everything and butcher dies in around 45 seconds face tanking and just avoiding his hop step.

Edit: with this build fully buffed I can dish out 40k dmage for a burst and then roughly around 32k for 45 sec
Edited by Synyster#1428 on 6/15/2012 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
um, your damage isn't high enough, whatever it is, if you are having trouble. i've killed him with MoE and MoC, serenity blinding flash. you should never stop hitting him. 14kdps=easy
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 11:16 AMPosted by TcheQ
um, your damage isn't high enough, whatever it is, if you are having trouble. i've killed him with MoE and MoC, serenity blinding flash. you should never stop hitting him. 14kdps=easy

Ur hp is super high for a1 and ur armor is low. I u increase armor u can cut ur hp pool by 10k easy. Get ur armor up to around 5k and u will be able to increase dps by cutting ur vit
Reply Quote
FoT thunderclap
Deadly reach foresight
Serenity Ascension

Transcendence
Seize initiative
Combo strike

12k base dps is where u wanna be. I currently farm at 19k base and around 270-310 ish resists. 5600 armor and around 28k hp.

This build destroys everything and butcher dies in around 45 seconds face tanking and just avoiding his hop step.

Edit: with this build fully buffed I can dish out 40k dmage for a burst and then roughly around 32k for 45 sec

This one worked the best.
It sure wasn't 45 seconds.. but I got him.
Reply Quote
agree with the others, less hp more dps. Skill set didnt seem to matter to me but at >14k dps it's easy. The only thing you need to avoid in that fight is the fire on the ground, otherwise constantly attack. I did this starting around 20k hp.

Even now, moving through act 3 I never saw above 30k hp.
Reply Quote
How much increased attack speed should I have to be effective?
Reply Quote
FoT thunderclap
Deadly reach foresight
Serenity Ascension

Transcendence
Seize initiative
Combo strike

This one worked the best.
It sure wasn't 45 seconds.. but I got him.

Gratz. Happy to help :) add me in game if u wanna chat more. Synyster#1428
Always happy to help other players :)
Edited by Synyster#1428 on 6/15/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]