Diablo® III

"Tank Docta" made the game fun for me again!!

Mr. Muffles should be given a medal..... and a cookie. After I read his posts and watched his first video I decided to try the "tank docta" and I love it. I'm Lvl 59 and just about to finish Act 3 Hell. I geared up with cheap AH items and I'm having no trouble with where I'm at.

I remember watching an IGN video of some editor rolling a barb through Act 3 Hell. He was getting the crap kicked out of him. My pets put his barb to shame.

My buddies all but nutted when they got the crap kicked out of them by Belial and I just slowly burned him down. No problems with a little patients.

See ya in Inferno in a week or two once I farm the gear for it.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 12:16 AMPosted by SiouxNick

have fun farming once you hit A2
Reply Quote
say goodbye to your pets in inferno act 2+
Reply Quote

have fun farming once you hit A2

That applies to any build if you actually want to do well in act 3 and 4 instead of brute forcing your way through by dying over and over again.

I've spent about 30 million on gear and can face tank most of inferno act 4, I'm sure that amount is pretty similar to what people spend to break 50k-60k dps.
Edited by HooDooMagic#1370 on 6/15/2012 1:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm at 33k health, 400 resist, 6.5k armor, 99 LOH and I still use gargantuan. Dogs not so much, but garg is still viable with the right gear. Only problem is AOE's because he's an idiot and stands in it.

Farming act 3 and 3-4 elites before Rakanoth (act 4) all inferno
Reply Quote
For anyone not able to find his guides or thread

http://www.twitch.tv/mrmuffles869
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592455562?page=1
Reply Quote
Since act 2 was nerfed on inferno (it was I can take 3-4 shots from most things) tank docta wil probably work there. But the spec is garbage in act 3-4 and i don't care what the guy says he would have a way easier time with a VQ/Firebats or a Splinters build.
Reply Quote
Sorry OP, you shoulda waited till you got to Inferno to post this. Hell is nothing compared to A2 inferno. Some of the Elites in A1 are gonna steam roll you...

Hopefully you have a lot of gold because MrMuffles gear is a bit expensive....
Reply Quote
Don't listen to these haters, Tank Docta is worth it and loads of fun. Act 2 wasn't nerfed. Pets are probably going to die until you get really good gear or roll with a barb friend.

And lastly,

06/15/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Sneax
i don't care what the guy says he would have a way easier time with a VQ/Firebats or a Splinters build.

Faster time? Sure. Easier time? #&%$ no. Being able to take 5 hits and only losing half my hp is the definition of easy. I can make so many mistakes and still not die. Not to mention I get to use skills that normally aren't viable because they require close range.

Also, it's way more fun!

Tank Docta fo life! <3
Reply Quote
Also, it's way more fun!

Tank Docta fo life! <3

For sure...
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 09:22 AMPosted by Sneax
Since act 2 was nerfed on inferno (it was I can take 3-4 shots from most things) tank docta wil probably work there. But the spec is garbage in act 3-4 and i don't care what the guy says he would have a way easier time with a VQ/Firebats or a Splinters build.

I'm hardly a muffle sheep but I need to support a guy who helps the community. WD tanking is more than viable in acts 3 and 4. I run with lots of glass cannon players and they are good, but they die a lot. Any glass cannon out there can't deny that fact...you're going to die fairly often. Sure you can kill almost any champ pack but the amount of time and effort it takes is just about equal to tanking it to death. There are also huge farming benefits to tanking such as resplendent chest runs are viable for us. I'll have a video about this up tonight or tomorrow. Don't knock something you know little about...splinters is good no doubt but we have many viable specs
Reply Quote
mad props to Dino & Muffles who showed me there were other ways. I've been having a blast trying things out and shopping and tanking.

Both of you rock! keep it up

Bunny
Reply Quote
Where are the act 3 champion videos? I can run any build I want in Act 1 and 2. I've big stinker + sipder queen'd my way through Act 2. I've sacrifice + pile on my way through Act 2. You can do just about anything in Act 1 and 2, but nothing is at all viable until you can consistently and easily get 5 stacks in Act 3+.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 12:37 PMPosted by Gentso
Where are the act 3 champion videos? I can run any build I want in Act 1 and 2. I've big stinker + sipder queen'd my way through Act 2. I've sacrifice + pile on my way through Act 2. You can do just about anything in Act 1 and 2, but nothing is at all viable until you can consistently and easily get 5 stacks in Act 3+.

I posted one in my thread yesterday. Quickly put one together and the packs I ran into were unfortunately all pretty easy. I'm working on putting together another vid with more varied affix combinations with commentary. Hopefully I'll have it up by tomorrow but the one I currently uploaded is a good display oh how each pack typically goes. I didn't cut out any mistakes or show off just the good scenes. I recorded the packs I ran into and how I executed them, mistakes included.
Edited by Dinobot#1900 on 6/15/2012 1:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The first three difficulties of the game are insanely easy.

I'm not saying tank doctors are not viable at all in inferno, but I would wait until you start fighting in the open desert areas and you've got wasps flying all around while cat people are ambushing you from the mountains while throwing fire bombs. This build is unlikely to be effective for a2 inferno, unless you are insanely geared up. I'm talking 600 all resist, 50k life, 40k dps
Reply Quote
The first three difficulties of the game are insanely easy.

I'm not saying tank doctors are not viable at all in inferno, but I would wait until you start fighting in the open desert areas and you've got wasps flying all around while cat people are ambushing you from the mountains while throwing fire bombs. This build is unlikely to be effective for a2 inferno, unless you are insanely geared up. I'm talking 600 all resist, 50k life, 40k dps

Doesn't require insane gear, just appropriate a2 level gear. 45k HP, 550 all resist, 20% block, 4000 armor, and 12-15k dps. I cleared act 2 pretty easily with those stats. Right now sitting at 54k HP, 750-820 resist, 4.8k armor, 47% block, and only 14k dps I can do like 3 champ packs at once. Act 3 I can clear about any champ pack with minimal deaths.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]