Diablo® III

SMS protect using overseas number

Hi Blizzard, I've been playing Blizzard's games such as WoW and WC3 and recently started on playing Diablo3. I'm currently traveled abroad and would not be returning to my original residential region very soon, but I would like to have access to the RMAH which would force me to opt in for the SMS protect system. However, since I'm abroad I wouldn't been able to receive SMS from my original phone number. I'd like to ask if it's possible to register another phone number of mine which I'm currently using. Thanks.
Reply Quote
I'd really like a reply from blizzard please. I've also posted a support ticket but no reply for days.
Bump
Reply Quote
I think we're !@#$ out of luck. I have a japanese smart phone since I'm stationed in Japan but my country of residence is U.S., which means I'll never be able to use the SMS Protect. I've got a ticket in as well, but from the other posts ive read...its not looking very good for us.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
Right now the answer seems to be no. Your phone has to be registered to you in the country associated with your account and it has to have a data plan. Will they every do a special work around for military? I assume they could with proof of ID and Orders if the SMS system supports exceptions to the rules. As players we have no idea how the infrastructure is set up though or if that is even possible. I also assume they would not get to it until the frenzy of initial release dies down. For now, you are stuck with battle.net balance.
Reply Quote
Im in the same boat. In yokosuka
Reply Quote
Any follow up on this? I don't really want to 2 phones and 2 people in 2 different countries in order to play this game the way I intended, let alone having a contract I wont be using *sigh*.
Reply Quote
blizzard please reply to this. I still have not received any reply here or by support ticket. I'm starting to get the feeling that blizzard does not care.
Reply Quote
bump. anyone find any solution for this? the only thing i can think of is to change your country of residence to the country you're in, since you're "technically" living there. idk, !@#$.. this is bugging the %^-* out of me because I want to be able to use the RMAH. i'm sure if we can get enough people in on this issue blizzard will take notice.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
No, you can not use the RMAH outside the country you are registered in. There are both security and legal reasons for this. Blizzard has answered that in the FAQs http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-auction-house-regional-information#q2

Which real-money auction houses will I have access to?
Players have access to real-money auction houses in their “home” game region only, as determined by the country of residence registered to the player’s Battle.net account. In addition, players in certain countries may only have access to a subset of the real-money auction houses in their home game region. Players in all three game regions will have access to the gold-based auction house for the region in which they’re playing.

And yes, SMS Protect is one more way of verifying you really are in the country you are registered to. FYI, using the RMAH from a country outside the one on the account gets you suspended. Some players have discovered this when going on vacation or...other were caught trying to work around the system.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]