Diablo® III

Do not use RMAH. stole $98.99 from me.

I have officially been scammed. Not by seedy third party sites or unscrupulous basement dwellers, but by Blizzard Inc. and the RMAH. I posted an item to sell for $99.99. Someone bought this item and it went into the infamous "processing" state. A day later this processing state changed to "failed" with a cryptic (Error 0) message. 24 hours after this I hadn't received money or the item back so I figured I'd contact support. They said they knew what happened and I would get the item back but it could take 48 hours and I should just be patient. After 48 hours they said it could take 5 days and I should just be patient. After 5 days they said "what auction?".. then "oh that auction, sorry we can't do anything".. then "we didn't charge you so don't worry" (remember I'm the seller)... one GM even argued that the item sold wasn't the unique I claimed it was but was named "Sovereign Tassets". That's a base crafted item type for those who don't know (like the GM). And finally, the last response was..

Greetings Kent,

I was able to verify that Game Master Vouthan sent up details regarding this situation to our Quality Assurance team.

Outside of this, we are unable to tinker with Auction House issues as Game Masters have very limited functionality when it comes to supporting Diablo III.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. :/

Warmest regards,

Game Master Lydryna
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support"

I had to re read that after my head exploded. Whether you like it or not Blizzard, you have become a financial services company. You can not simply dismiss financial transaction failures and expect customers to eat the loss with your condolences. It's literally a crime, called wire fraud, which I am thoroughly documenting to report to my local FBI office.

edit: In case a blue sees this and wants to non-troll support, the order ID was 288450478
edit2: Proof for people who think I'm trolling or don't believe:

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4018/proofmj.jpg

Yes, their support is trolling that hard.
Edited by Weavols#1229 on 6/18/2012 2:24 PM PDT
Signing your soul away in the EULA protects them from civil liability, it does not give them a license to break the law.
24 hours + 48 hours + 5 days ?? Has the RMAH been out that long already?
06/18/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Weavols
Whether you like it or not Blizzard, you have become a financial services company.

06/18/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Weavols
Signing your soul away in the EULA protects them from civil liability, it does not give them a license to break the law.

Yep.. that.
I'm sure the FBI is dying to hear about your 98 dollar loss, on a free virtual item that you received.
Edited by ItsGopher#1679 on 6/18/2012 11:51 AM PDT
So virtual money for a virtual item sold on a virtual auction house was never converted into real money. Fancy that.
Sad story.

Blizzard is exploiting players and it is only gonna come back and bite its !@# one day.
Stop playing with yourself Kent.
06/18/2012 11:50 AMPosted by ItsGopher
I'm sure the FBI is dying to hear about your 98 dollar loss, on a free virtual item that you received.

I can see you obviously do not understand what the OP is saying. While he received no money for his goods that money went somewhere.
Edited by RubberJohnny#1186 on 6/18/2012 11:53 AM PDT

They might be very interested in what happened on the other side of the transaction that I can't verify because it's anonymous. They could very well have successfully charged someone 99 dollars, given him the item, and just told me it "failed'. Why take 15% when you can pocket the whole enchilada and stone wall them with troll support? I'll tell you why. It IS illegal.
Technically, you can file a claim in small claims court for $10 dollars, and if they do not show up to represent themselves, then they lose and you get the money.

It seriously only takes 10 minutes to fill out the paperwork. I think blizzard getting served a legal document might serve as a lesson; even if it is only 98 dollars.
06/18/2012 11:52 AMPosted by SoCal
Stop playing with yourself Kent.

Great Movie.. Bump for Justice.
I suggest you escalate this as far as you can, because Blizzard is in the wrong in this case, I'm sure it is a violation of some laws because they simply took away your item because of an error.
90 Human Rogue

Most agents would salivate at the chance to go after a company that big.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Re-ticket and ask to speak to a supervisor. As the above poster stated, that money went somewhere and it's Blizz's responsibility to track it down--and let you know what happened to it as you were the seller.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]