Diablo® III

SMS Spam Really?

I just got a SMS spam saying i won a prize from wallmart...

Really Blizzard, you give my mobile number to spam company?

That make 12yr i am with same mobile company, and i never ever got 1 SPAM, now i give you my number for your "authenticator RMAH" and i receive spam?

So let me see, 1$ per listing + 15% AH fee is not enough, you also need sell the mobile number to spam company.

Disgusted...
Edited by Ilax#1154 on 6/19/2012 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I am sorry but this is outrageous, i have TO PAY for these spam, is not like i have a mobile plan and can receive this crap for free...

Now i probably have to change my mobile number to avoid extra billing on my cell phone, and this mean 50$, Thanks you Blizzard, very very smart...
Reply Quote
wow thats terrible
Reply Quote
i never gave my number to paypal, i gave it to blizzard, wake up.
Reply Quote
Bump and i hope someone from blizzard can answer me about this issue.
Reply Quote
I gave blizzard my cell number 2 years ago. Never received anything. btw, your cell carrier sells your number.
Reply Quote
I gave Blizzard my number.
I've never received a spam text or call like you are describing.
Reply Quote
I gave Blizzard my number.
I've never received a spam text or call like you are describing.

This
Reply Quote
LOL where is the proof that Blizzard sold your cell to spammers?? All you have is speculation with no proof.
Reply Quote
0 spam texts since launch. Attached my Mobile to my battle.net 2 months before Diablo 3.... you probably put it on a "WIN AN IPAD IF YOU CLICK HERE"....

06/19/2012 03:34 AMPosted by Jables
LOL where is the proof that Blizzard sold your cell to spammers?? All you have is speculation with no proof.

Seems like the majority of these forums lol
Edited by Blackbird#1794 on 6/19/2012 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:31 AMPosted by Lunchbox
I gave blizzard my cell number 2 years ago. Never received anything. btw, your cell carrier sells your number.

Not in Canada, we have LAW, and i wont be surprise if Blizzard be SUED about this.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ecic-ceac.nsf/eng/gv00521.html#q2

What about text messages or "cellphone spam"? Is it covered?

Yes. With the new law's technology-neutral approach, all forms of commercial electronic messages can be treated the same way. That means that unsolicited text messages, or cellphone spam, is addressed.

Can be sure my cell company is not selling my phone number.
Edited by Ilax#1154 on 6/19/2012 3:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I like how one guy gets a spam message and it's now suddenly considered fact that Blizzard is selling your info. Get real.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]