Diablo® III

SMS Spam Really?

I gave blizzard my cell number 2 years ago. Never received anything. btw, your cell carrier sells your number.

Not in Canada, we have LAW, and i wont be surprise if Blizzard be SUED about this.

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/ecic-ceac.nsf/eng/gv00521.html#q2

What about text messages or "cellphone spam"? Is it covered?

Yes. With the new law's technology-neutral approach, all forms of commercial electronic messages can be treated the same way. That means that unsolicited text messages, or cellphone spam, is addressed.

No proof = no lawsuit

You can't prove Blizzard is how this happened. You are just yelling empty threats like most people

Also, you seem simple minded enough.. let me try this

"HEY YOU JUST WON YOUR OWN FREE ISLAND.. JUST EMAIL ME YOUR PERSONAL INFO SO I CAN MAIL IT TO YOU!"
Edited by Blackbird#1794 on 6/19/2012 3:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ever since getting mobile authenticator, my whatsapp has been spammed with American-Based sms's. GET HACKED OR GET SPAMMED?!
Reply Quote
I guess you shouldn't have your phone number on facebook.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Blackbird

Not in Canada, we have LAW, and i wont be surprise if Blizzard be SUED about this.

No proof = no lawsuit

You can't prove Blizzard is how this happened. You are just yelling empty threats like most people

"HEY YOU JUST WON YOUR OWN FREE ISLAND.. JUST EMAIL ME YOUR PERSONAL INFO SO I CAN MAIL IT TO YOU!"

Can i have my free island??

my name is
Peter Gotya
My address is
1434 Tupac Lane
Eerie Indiana
My cell is
1-473-700-1337
Reply Quote
Don't reply stop to that spam message. It most likely was just a spam bot bruteforcing #'s and when they get a "stop" reply, they know they have a hit, and you will most likely get more spam messages in the near future.

I really doubt Blizzard is selling your numbers. That however doesn't mean that I would be surprised if I was wrong.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:35 AMPosted by Deconus
Uh, do you have any proof, or even a good idea, that links Blizzard to this in anyway?

No spam in 12 year, and then, i am getting spam after 1 week i register my cell phone with blizzard, that not enough?

Oh ya, if i see a thief running with a computer and i go home to find out my computer vanished, i am sure that can't be him right? Very love how you think.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It couldn't POSSIBLY be a random spam message from someone spamming random numbers. Or looking up your phone number online somewhere else, and spamming you. It HAS to be Blizzard!
RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Ilax
No spam in 12 year, and then, i am getting spam after 1 week i register my cell phone with blizzard, that not enough?

ROFL! You can't be that simpleminded can you? Seriously, can you?

"Guys just take my word, I have never done anything to give out my number I promise! Therefore it MUST be Blizzard"

Let me know when you are done with your tinfoil hat, i'll shine it up for ya.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Uh, do you have any proof, or even a good idea, that links Blizzard to this in anyway?

Oh ya, if i see a thief running with a computer and i go home to find out my computer vanished, i am sure that can't be him right? Very love how you think.

I'll admit the timing is suspicious. I had a similar experience, but I'm not an idiot.
I never got one single World of Warcraft spam/phishing email sent to my battle.net email account. Then I get banned for 24 hours for trolling from these forums, and all of a sudden I was getting multiples per day. The timing was suspicious. But there's no proof that links Blizzard to it, just like there's no proof that Blizzard 'sells' your number to advertising companies who spam you a WHOLE WEEK after you signed up.
Think about it. Why would it take 7 days for a company to send you spam, if Blizzard really did sell your number? Do you think they were waiting for the best offer for your number?
Accept that it's a bad coincidence, and ask your cell phone company to block text messages coming to you. If that won't work for you, then quit whining about spam you get on a device that you have SMS enabled on. There's nothing you can do, and any lawsuit you think will "definitely make Blizzard admit it", won't make it past you calling a lawyer, spending money to talk to him and telling him the details, and him throwing you out of his office for wasting time.
Edited by Kittahsmash#1116 on 6/19/2012 3:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Blackbird

No proof = no lawsuit

How typically hypocritical. You call him simple minded, yet you're the one who completely misinterpreted his comments in order to better support your comments.

He never said he was going to to sue Blizzard, only that he wouldn't be surprised to see them sued over this issue. In fact the only thing he actually asked for was a response from Blizzard about this issue (Granted, asking for that here may not be the best option).

He only stated that in Canada a company can be held liable for doing what he's accusing Blizzard of doing. That is perhaps the only fault in his comment, assuming that Blizzard is responsible. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. It certainly wouldn't be the first time a multinational corporation violated the law, now would it?

Anyway, before you start throwing insults at people perhaps you should read through the comments again to better comprehend their statements. Better to let them think you're an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Reply Quote
Aren't you worried about getting cancer from that cellphone? I mean wake up man, people have purchased cellphones and THEN gotten cancer.
Reply Quote
Well I got my cellphone 2 weeks ago and the only people that knows my cellphone number are IRL people... and Blizzard... So why the !@#$ do I get a spam from Wal-Mart stuff????

And no I never sent my phone number to those stupid "WIN AND IPAD" pop-ups...
Reply Quote
ZOMG RAGE BLIZZARD!

I have gotten 3 texts from "Walmart" and I have yet to give blizz my cell phone #. Please think before you start blaming blizz for everything...

and for those who don't know.. there are companies that do randomg number dialing to send the texts to just like spam email works. It happens, just get over it. Blizz didn't send your phone # to anyone. Kids these days...
Edited by Saigon#1450 on 6/19/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Corellation does not equal causation.
Reply Quote
LOL everyone should screen shot the EULA and TOS if it does not say they are going to sell your phone number.

Blizzard really wants to eat so many fists from lawyers don't they?

BTW they have to inform you that they are giving away your phone number especially if it is blocked.

If your phone number is Blocked be sure to take Blizzard to small claims court for the maximum amount.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]