Diablo® III

SMS Spam Really?

06/19/2012 03:42 AMPosted by Ilax
Uh, do you have any proof, or even a good idea, that links Blizzard to this in anyway?

No spam in 12 year, and then, i am getting spam after 1 week i register my cell phone with blizzard, that not enough?

Oh ya, if i see a thief running with a computer and i go home to find out my computer vanished, i am sure that can't be him right? Very love how you think.

So, you're now saying you SEEN Blizzard giving out numbers?
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:53 AMPosted by Esquilax
Seems BS to me, until I see more widespread posts exclaiming this, I will withhold my full opinion.

Ask and ye shall receive.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:52 AMPosted by TeamWorkTom
If your phone number is Blocked be sure to take Blizzard to small claims court for the maximum amount.

My cell phone is BLOCKED, i also pay for that option as i hate any kind of PUB/advertisements.
Reply Quote
R.O.F.L.

Blizzard has had my Mobile Number since i was able to attach one to my B.Net account - i have not had one spam message...

But i did hear about people putting their enemies cell phone numbers on websites that would spam, or when they wanna sign up for something and see if it's "True" They use some one else's number so they don't have to worry about the spam...
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:03 AMPosted by Deconus
Oh, so every time I get a spam email, or junk mail, or any random event that happens in my life, I should blame Blizzard? Not going along with paranoid nonsense is hardly brown nosing.

Is too hard for Blizzard to come here and say they not doing that kind of activity?

Or is too hard for blizzard to tell me in the ToS (that i did not read) i agreed to this?
Edited by Ilax#1154 on 6/19/2012 4:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Oh, so every time I get a spam email, or junk mail, or any random event that happens in my life, I should blame Blizzard? Not going along with paranoid nonsense is hardly brown nosing.

The alternative is not screaming about how infallible blizzard is everytime something comes up.

Saying there's no proof isn't the same as saying Bliz is infallible. I don't think anyone is infallible, least of all Blizzard. That doesn't mean I have to go along with this idea that they're selling people's phone numbers, though. There is such a thing as coincidence. . .
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/19/2012 04:07 AMPosted by Ilax

Is too hard for Blizzard to come here and say they not doing that kind of activity?

Or is too hard for blizzard to tell me in the ToS (that i did not read) i agreed to this?

Why should Blizzard come in here and tell you something that is common sense? Should they also remind you to breathe in and out, and to not play in traffic? NO company worth their salt is going to be selling customer's phone numbers to advertising companies because customers have an authenticator through them.

Well. Maybe EA...
Reply Quote
I haven't received advertising yet. You must be special.
Reply Quote
Oddly enough, I signed up for Blizzard and Paypal a week ago and received two spam texts yesterday. I doubt they sold my info but just thought I would add this to the conversation.
Reply Quote
My whole family has received these spam texts, and I'm the only one whose phone number Blizzard has. Your receiving these spams has nothing to do with Blizzard.
Reply Quote
so LIAX, mind providing some HARD EVIDENCE to support your accusation?
Reply Quote
Working as intended, It's in the EULA.
Reply Quote
I'm betting it's far more of a coincidence than anything. Been using the RMAH for a while with the SMS thing and have not received a single spam. Sounds like you're being phished anyway. Prize from Walmart?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CFT
06/19/2012 03:29 AMPosted by Seanusphere
bad luck man, just shows what Blizzard thinks of their customers...

^

Their CS has gone way downhill starting near the end of BC
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Sinew
Saying there's no proof isn't the same as saying Bliz is infallible. I don't think anyone is infallible, least of all Blizzard. That doesn't mean I have to go along with this idea that they're selling people's phone numbers, though. There is such a thing as coincidence. . .

Totally agree. The trend on this forum is something completely different from this reasonable position though.

I wish it were only this forum. :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]