967 Int
969 Vit
2447 Armor

24319 DPS
2.07 APS
5% Crit
50% Crit DMG

44.92% Damage Reduction
292 All Res(with a few a little bit higher)
38,636 HP
12% Movement Speed

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZkRUX!VZW!aaZaab

My build^... Been switching out Jungle Fortitude to try other things(Spiritual Attunement, Blood Ritual).

I literally cannot kill mobs with Fast, or anything that can keep me from kiting them. I've tried DPS bears build, DPS splinters build, CC splinters build(current one). Can't seem to do anything to phasebeast champions or really most rare/champion packs. Also having mana issues if the pack has decently high HP. Can probably fix by losing 20% damage reduction and getting any of the mana passives...

Thanks in advance!
Edited by Damnation#1757 on 6/15/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Realized the thread title made this look like a help thread and not a request for help thread :(

EDIT: There we go
Edited by Damnation#1757 on 6/15/2012 12:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
SO here is another option where you become a tougher CC dealing party ressing machine.

in general buy gear with this and use a sheild for a while.
int 100+
vit 90+
res all 70

the gear i have puts me at 3700 armorish 550 min resist all across the board (2 in the 700s) and 35000 dps. my dps could be a ton better with a few item swaps though. I found that being killed in 3 shots rather than 1 made a big difference though. hell i even took a punch to the face from big D last night (with a good block =D). most of my boss victories came from the fact that i could res my party to keep fighting and supply good control of champions and elites. keeping the monsters off your 100-200dps demon hunter/wizard is big business and you will make lots of friends fast.

Im at diablo in inferno right now. and this is what got me there. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#aZURdW!Vcb!caaaZb Most likly have to ramp up my damage for her with some AS crit gear with splinters. Not sure though... being able to chain stun the shadow of a demon hunter with 200k dps has its perks, but for general purposes this is a fun build.

you may need some more atack speed to do this. but if you atack fast enough you can literaly drop toads on things while you stun them with snake to the face. it really is a bit more group oriented and not realy a solo build though.

bad medicine is a great skill in this because it will actually keep your melee alive longer. other than that turn somthing into a chicken and chain stun something else to help your team.
Edited by xcience#1442 on 6/15/2012 12:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks guys for the tips. I was trying to solo inferno, but I joined a public game with 2 demon hunters and it was a lot easier in Act 3... But yeah, trying to solo for the most part. Will try crit damage. I had 45k DPS with soul harvest up and it didn't seem to work as well as my tanky build :/. I'll go back to try it again though.

Keep spending money on different setups, never fun...
Edited by Damnation#1757 on 6/15/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You need to make a decision...full dps...or full tank...trying to balance the too is far too expensive starting out. Commit to one of the other and get to the point where you can farm decently then work on going for balance. If certain packs are giving you trouble and you realize you aren't the best kiter I recommend changing to tank. It's a fun build that allows you to make mistakes and farm very well.
Reply Quote
What is full tank to you then? Because that means kiting 10x longer to take 3 more hits in my eyes, but maybe there's more tanky than that in inferno? The problem is fast mobs will catch me either way, which is why I'm thinking glass cannon... Just more frustrating because there will be a lot more 30 second rez timers, haha.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Damnation
What is full tank to you then? Because that means kiting 10x longer to take 3 more hits in my eyes, but maybe there's more tanky than that in inferno? The problem is fast mobs will catch me either way, which is why I'm thinking glass cannon... Just more frustrating because there will be a lot more 30 second rez timers, haha.

Check my post on the forums. Includes build, stats, and video with commentary. Tanking is viable, just as much as glass cannon. Playstyle is just different.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592459114
Edited by Dinobot#1900 on 6/15/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 02:56 PMPosted by Dinobot

Check my post on the forums. Includes build, stats, and video with commentary. Tanking is viable, just as much as glass cannon. Playstyle is just different.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5592459114

If anyone's shown that a Tanking WD is viable and an alternative to Glass Cannon builds, it's Dinobot. Had me trying out a half-a$$sed build in A1 inferno just to test it out and loved the fact that I could tank packs of elites and just make it rain frogs :P Alot quicker in some ways as well because certain mobs (mainly "fast" one) you don't have to kite halfway across the map, just kill em where they stand (or...well...where you stand :P)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]