Diablo® III

Inferno Nerfs

Blizzard gives us the choice to play with skills the way they want or the way we want (elective mode) They should give people the choice to play Inferno the way it was made or the way it is after nerf. You can simply go to options and click *easy mode* Just with easy mode lower the drop rates in each act by a %. I don't see why everyone should suffer because of certain people. I realize this is the way its always been with Blizzard and the way it will always be *casuals complaining till its easy enough for them* I just find it funny the games a month old and people are already crying for a nerf. Cant wait till the games a year old and Inferno is like playing in Normal difficulty.
Reply Quote
act1 pretty much feel like normal difficulty on my wizard and my gear isnt that great (45k dps)
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Asura
act1 pretty much feel like normal difficulty on my wizard and my gear isnt that great (45k dps)

Act 1 is a joke and the sad thing is if you read the 1.03 changes article they have up Blizzard says they think Act 1 is "In a good place" So if that's what they wanna dumb down the later acts to. Its gonna be sad.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Pandora

Act 1 is a joke and the sad thing is if you read the 1.03 changes article they have up Blizzard says they think Act 1 is "In a good place" So if that's what they wanna dumb down the later acts to. Its gonna be sad.

I don't think they're planning on making Acts 2-4 like one, well I hope not anyway.

Still, they do need to make some changes, the difficulty ramp up between Acts 1 and 2 is absolutely brutal.
Reply Quote
Act 1 is in a good place considering the absolute !@#$ gear you have going from hell to inferno act 1 (unless you spend tons of gold on the AH) you farm act 1 for a while rarely getting anything useful, you think you are ready for act 2 so you give it a shot and never make it past the canyon
Reply Quote
View profile
06/16/2012 08:27 AMPosted by vasta
Act 1 is in a good place considering the absolute !@#$ gear you have going from hell to inferno act 1 (unless you spend tons of gold on the AH) you farm act 1 for a while rarely getting anything useful, you think you are ready for act 2 so you give it a shot and never make it past the canyon

Or you clear it with some work and start act 3...
Reply Quote
Act 1 is in a good place considering the absolute !@#$ gear you have going from hell to inferno act 1 (unless you spend tons of gold on the AH) you farm act 1 for a while rarely getting anything useful, you think you are ready for act 2 so you give it a shot and never make it past the canyon because you fail at dodging avoidable damage (bees)

Crazy. Act 2 can be done with high rolled act 1 gear if you gear properly, with resists and mitigation stats (as melee) or stack damage as ranged. It can't be done in mediocre crap-rolled act 1 gear, of course not.. the whole point was to make you farm for a long, long time, with the option of bypassing that with the auction house. It CAN be done.. there was actually a big post by a barb who spent about 1mil gold on ALL BLUES on the auction house and solo'd to act 3 seigebreaker.. so all the QQ about how it can't be done can very easily by summed up by saying, "You fail at avoiding avoidable damage" because the majority of MAJOR damage in that act is completely avoidable.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Battyone

Or you clear it with some work and start act 3...

I still think you're understating the difficulty gap between Acts 1 and 2. If you reached a point where you were able to just barely clear Act 1, you're going to get almost instantly owned by the first mobs you see in Act 2.
Reply Quote
Act1 Inferno coming fresh out of Hell is hard. Goofballs with 1000+ dps weapons they only got from the AH (definitely NOT from actually farming Act1) complaining about it being too easy now are just that.

Wander into Act2 and get one shot by birds and bees and 1/4 shot by everything else regardless of how good you are. It's broken. Pretending that it's a challenge is sadistic claptrap. If you want that kind of challenge shut off your monitor while playing it's virtually the same thing.

The patch is not a nerf it's a fix to unfinished, unplayable (except by attrition, skipping) content.
Edited by Arteska#1771 on 6/16/2012 8:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Act1 Inferno coming fresh out of Hell is hard. Goofballs with 1000+ dps weapons they only got from the AH (definitely NOT from actually farming Act1) complaining about it being too easy now are just that.

Wander into Act2 and get one shot by birds and bees and 1/4 shot by everything else regardless of how good you are. It's broken. Pretending that it's a challenge is sadistic claptrap. If you want that kind of challenge shut off your monitor while playing it's virtually the same thing.

The patch is not a nerf it's a fix to unfinished, unplayable (except by attrition, skipping) content.

I thought bees were hard to, then I just moved outta the poison they shoot. This guy is a perfect example of bads ruining the game. Hes talking about completely avoidable damage saying its to hard and needs to be nerfed.
Reply Quote

No it's not. And I have a....400? or so DPS weapon when I cleared it.

Wander into Act2 and get one shot by birds and bees and 1/4 shot by everything else regardless of how good you are. It's broken.

Bees are a joke, you're pretty bad if you die to them, just sayin'. You're a decent amount undergeared if things take 4 shots to kill you outside of bees. I went to Inferno Ponyland on my mediocre-geared Monk, got 2-3 shot even with my shield, but that's because I'm quite undergeared for it.
Edited by Naumu#1479 on 6/16/2012 8:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm really glad they're nerfing inferno, it was to hard and it just took to much time. I'll be able to complete the game now :)
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:24 AMPosted by Pandora

I think you misunderstood what they meant...you should re-read it more carefully.

They said they felt the climb/gap from A4 Hell TO A1 Inferno was in good place, but not for A2/3/4. They are bringing down the latter Acts, so advancing from A1 to A2 to A3 and so on will be easier.
Reply Quote
^^
Reply Quote
I don't ene care for damage nerfs. Just give us more drops and ilvl 63 gear from act 1 and 2.

Im pretty rich right now. All ilvl 62-63 items so act 2 is a complete joke. Act 3-4 is a lot of getting killed in 1-3 hits. My gear can grow slightly but who likes being one shotted all day to get a few random ilvl 63s.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Ifrit

I think you misunderstood what they meant...you should re-read it more carefully.

They said they felt the climb/gap from A4 Hell TO A1 Inferno was in good place, but not for A2/3/4. They are bringing down the latter Acts, so advancing from A1 to A2 to A3 and so on will be easier.

I'm looking at it right now. It says Act 1 is in a good place. It says nothing about A4 Hell it says nothing about the gap from a4 hell to act 1 inferno. It says Act 1 is in a good place.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 08:20 AMPosted by Pandora
Blizzard gives us the choice to play with skills the way they want or the way we want (elective mode) They should give people the choice to play Inferno the way it was made or the way it is after nerf. You can simply go to options and click *easy mode* Just with easy mode lower the drop rates in each act by a %. I don't see why everyone should suffer because of certain people. I realize this is the way its always been with Blizzard and the way it will always be *casuals complaining till its easy enough for them* I just find it funny the games a month old and people are already crying for a nerf. Cant wait till the games a year old and Inferno is like playing in Normal difficulty.

Yet 80% of a class's skills will never get used in Inferno because of how it's set up.

So your post is pointless.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Exphryl

Yet 80% of a class's skills will never get used in Inferno because of how it's set up.

So your post is pointless.

How is it pointless? Because you are 1 of the bads complaining that the games to hard? lol baddie
Reply Quote

How is it pointless? Because you are 1 of the bads complaining that the games to hard? lol baddie

You said "Blizzard gives us freedom blah blah to choose our skills".

However, with how inferno is set up we do not have that freedom. I understand you are trying to troll because you are struggling on Act 1 Butcher, whereas I farm Act 3 and 4 Inferno regularly

But the point stands that with the current set up of the game some skills will NOT ever be used.

That is not giving us an option to play how we want.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]