Diablo® III

Inferno Nerfs

06/16/2012 08:30 AMPosted by ericdjobs
Crazy. Act 2 can be done with high rolled act 1 gear if you gear properly, with resists and mitigation stats (as melee) or stack damage as ranged. It can't be done in mediocre crap-rolled act 1 gear, of course not.. the whole point was to make you farm for a long, long time, with the option of bypassing that with the auction house. It CAN be done.. there was actually a big post by a barb who spent about 1mil gold on ALL BLUES on the auction house and solo'd to act 3 seigebreaker.. so all the QQ about how it can't be done can very easily by summed up by saying, "You fail at avoiding avoidable damage" because the majority of MAJOR damage in that act is completely avoidable.

Got a link to that post by any chance?
Reply Quote

How is it pointless? Because you are 1 of the bads complaining that the games to hard? lol baddie

You said "Blizzard gives us freedom blah blah to choose our skills".

However, with how inferno is set up we do not have that freedom. I understand you are trying to troll because you are struggling on Act 1 Butcher, whereas I farm Act 3 and 4 Inferno regularly

But the point stands that with the current set up of the game some skills will NOT ever be used.

That is not giving us an option to play how we want.

Yes I struggle on Butcher lmao. Thats why Im complaining about people asking for a nerf. You really aren't bright. Which is why you cant make skills work and blame Inferno.
Reply Quote
A common misconception elitists like to make is the idea that everyone who supports changes to inferno is automatically a "bad" who just isn't good enough to beat it. Personally, I don't particularly care if I clear inferno; of course I'd like to but I'm perfectly alright if I don't.

Inferno in act 2 and beyond is broken, simple as that. The damage is so high that the name of the game becomes "don't get hit," which gives a huge advantage to ranged classes since melee can't avoid getting hit. The fact that blizzard has openly admitted the disparity without any sugar coating goes to show you how huge it is.

The fact that inferno is physically possible to beat in its current form doesn't mean it's the difficulty blizzard wanted it to be. They're the ones who designed it and they're the ones who are looking at all the data and determining that it needs to be tweaked.
Edited by Kudger#1192 on 6/16/2012 10:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
A common misconception elitists like to make is the idea that everyone who supports changes to inferno is automatically a "bad" who just isn't good enough to beat it. Personally, I don't particularly care if I clear inferno; of course I'd like to but I'm perfectly alright if I don't.

Inferno in act 2 and beyond is broken, simple as that. The damage is so high that the name of the game becomes "don't get hit," which gives a huge advantage to ranged classes since melee can't avoid getting hit. The fact that blizzard has openly admitted the disparity without any sugar coating goes to show you how huge it is.

The fact that inferno is physically possible to beat in its current form doesn't mean it's the difficulty blizzard wanted it to be. They're the ones who designed it and they're the ones who are looking at all the data and determining that it needs to be tweaked.

And the only reason they are looking at it is because of the bads crying nonstop about it.
Reply Quote
Not touching the game again til they fix all the broken crap
Reply Quote
You're neglecting the possibility that the damage mobs do in inferno is just more than what they wanted it to be. Considering a big talking point of theirs was that they just doubled all the numbers after extensive play testing, it's not unbelievable that it needed some tweaking.

My guess is that they designed inferno act 1 to be a solid step up from hell (which it is) and that each act would be another step up, creating a steady progression path. What they're probably seeing is a steady progression up to and including act 1 and then a tremendous bottleneck once you get to act 2. Furthermore, there's probably a ridiculously lopsided amount of ranged classes in acts 3 and 4 compared to melee.

I get what you're saying and I certainly don't want them to take the challenge out of the game, but that shouldn't mean that they can't touch the difficulty after release.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Honestly I believe that most of the people complaining about the nerf probably haven't even gotten to Act 2 Inferno yet.
Reply Quote
If you're in this thread complaining about the nerfs but haven't beaten Inferno yet you're still bad and probably need the nerfs.

Act 3+4 is tedious even with good gear. Yeah, that's my idea of fun. 5 NV farming Diablo where I spend 40 minutes getting the stacks because it's easier and quicker to skip 80% of the elite packs and look for something easier.
Reply Quote
76 Worgen Hunter
Do everything without using the AH once and tell me that Act 2 Inferno is fun and challenging. All these elitists who say that the game isn't broken are buying items from the AH. Also, these people who like it the way it is skipped act 2 and geared up in act 3 or 4 by having someone with waypoints to get them past everything. Then they go back to Act 2 and clear it saying it's easy.

Blizzard has been doing adjustments to games for years, they know what to look for and know how to adjust the game to make it fun for the majority. If you want hard go play hardcore just don't complain when your character dies because of lag, that's part of the challenge that YOU accept.

Act 1 inferno feels about right coming from Act 4 hell mode. Act2 is like going from Act 1 to straight to Act4 in normal mode.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]