Diablo® III

Possible solution for RMAH and SMS protect

I just got this game, figuring if I was going to be clicking away at a game, I may as well try and earn a couple extra bucks here and there. So I dedicated myself to it and jumped back into the Diablo world. Sadly, the only cell phone in the house is my girlfriend's Virgin Mobile. It's ridiculous that I paid for a game and can't use it's full functionality without a cell phone contract. Shouldn't something like this be under the system requirements?!? Let's get this fixed Blizzard!!
Reply Quote
Bump, and I'm going to bump this every day if I have to until Blizzard acknowledges us and makes some form of attempt to right this situation!
Edited by Jhzanto#1238 on 12/12/2012 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Bump.
Reply Quote
Daily Bump.
Reply Quote
Not so easy to remember to bump this everyday. BAH!
Reply Quote
There is nothing Blizzard is going to do. In fact you would be better off calling your carrier and the ILEC/LEC that originally assigned the number.

Many services disallow VOIP/pre-paid phones because it destroys the entire point of having a # you know is connected to a specific individual. You'll find services like Craigslist deny the use of pre-paid/VOIP #'s in some of their heavily spammed sections specifically because its a !@#$ load harder for a spammer/bot to setup and use real cell phone accounts without creating an actual paper trail.

Bottom line is Blizzard isn't going to change this practice. The RMAH is already a large liability to them lawsuit wise, this is one additional data point to help should a case be brought by an individual scrupulous or otherwise.

Sorry, give up.
Reply Quote
Bump. No, I'll not give up.
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
RMAH isnt broken, your AH skills are broken
Reply Quote
Bump, this is disappointing; I'd like an explanation on why they wont accept pre-paids.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Bump. I have a Galaxy S3, confirmed with AT&T that my number was originally issued by them and in their database as a cell phone and not VOIP yet SMS Battle Protect insists that it is. Fail Blizz. Major fail. Blizz says change my number for this to work. What if the new number I get also fails? This is not fool proof. Please fix this or lets get some Blue insight.
Edited by SgtJintama2#1885 on 3/7/2013 10:23 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So I have a prepaid phone, too. I was skimming through some posts just to see if there was other options available.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned here, and that may be on Blizz's list, is that not everyone has unlimted everything on their phones.

Just as an example... Let's say I have a phone with a very low balance and I pay a horrible rate for text messages (10c or more on some prepaid plans). Something happens with my BNet account and Blizz starts blowing up my phone with text messages...each one costing me a dime until my phone shuts off because my balance is zero. What am I going to do? I'm going to get mad at Blizzard because they used up my phone balance providing a service I actually signed up for.

That having been said, I think it's ridiculous, too! :P I have unlimited texting, the phone is registered and connected to me through the carrier, contract or not.
Reply Quote
I do not have VOIP, I do not have a pre-paid plan. I have a normal contract phone that I've had since 2005. Still doesn't work; it won't let me sign up for SMS protect, saying my phone number is VOIP. I'm also incredibly frustrated.

Please fix this Blizzard!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]