Diablo® III

Blizzard/WickedWind/Venom Hydra Build

So i notice alot of people only using blizz/venom hydra and after using the build im about to list for quite some time now i never really understood why people dont use it.

You sit around with such a massive pool of arcane to literally do nothing with other then spam blizzard and run like crazy stutter stepping seekers. Why not capitalize on your pool and put out a massive amount of damage as fast as possible all while watching the spells do their work.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aRlVOS!YWU!cbbYYZ

Pretty much the build is played the same as normal except well..you use energy twister /w wicked wind and temporal flux. Diamond skin doesnt do squat anyway, so why not try and kill them before they kill you while stacking even more slow with blizzard. This build does not let you spam blizzard so be aware of that and start practicing on better placement while stutter stepping your seeker.
Reply Quote
I generally find that things don't sit in place for 6 seconds when I'm kiting

-slows don't stack
-no defensive cooldown
Edited by Xara#1975 on 6/16/2012 7:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Temporal flux stacks with cold snare buddy.

i've gone with blizzard, wicked wind /w temporal flux, and slow time /w 80% slow to pretty much make champ packs freeze in their spot
Edited by Omerta#1265 on 6/16/2012 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Temporal flux stacks with cold snare buddy.

i've gone with blizzard, wicked wind /w temporal flux, and slow time /w 80% slow to pretty much make champ packs freeze in their spot

Post a comparison video (and make sure it's Inferno and not some BS difficulty level like Hell) or it didn't happen.
Reply Quote
Just test it you lazy !@#$, im not making a whole video, compressing it, then uploading it to youtube because you can't log in and test the %^-* out.
Reply Quote
I'm going to give this build a shot just for kicks. But I don't see this being useful in inferno (a2-4) without having a full legendary DPS set.
Reply Quote
It doesn't stack in inferno, and you are just trying to BS everyone into running a crap build like the last guy who said he used arcane hydra + ray of frost to "melt inferno elites before they touched him".

When kiting in Inferno you don't have nearly as much of an AP pool to play around with because the Blizzard snare is severely reduced and you are forced to re-cast it much more often except against naturally slow mobs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]