Diablo® III

No Tristram theme in a diablo game?

Wtf were you guys thinking blizz?
It better be in an expansion, cuz its one of the best songs ever.
nuff said
Reply Quote
bump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGTUz4OnzdM

Srsly go look through the AH with this playing in the background and u will get a feeling you haven't gotten in a while.

one of realism and underlying darkness...
Reply Quote
Its true. Shoulda just stuck it in as New Tristram's BGM.
Reply Quote
Yes I can't believe the Diablo 1 Tristram theme didn't play when you get to the old Tristram ruins.

The "music" is also proportionally soft compared to the login screen music.
Reply Quote
Like...its amazing...Its the Gothic feel that's missing from this new Diablo game. Its not terrifying, its mildly displeasing...
No but seriously put on the song while playing d3, its REALLY weird.
Edited by Zonus#1704 on 6/16/2012 12:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
bump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGTUz4OnzdM

Srsly go look through the AH with this playing in the background and u will get a feeling you haven't gotten in a while.

one of realism and underlying darkness...

Thank you for the nostalgia woody. I think I love you.
Reply Quote
i think the problem with tristram music is that it sounds incredibly dated in 2012.

it has all the elements of cheesy 90s video game music, electronics, synths, echos, "lightness"

it is nice and nostalgic, no doubt, i occassionally listen to c&c's soundtrack on frank klepacki's website myself, but games have to move forward, man...
Reply Quote
I was just posting that in another thread.
They could have and did screw the pooch on this whole deal and I would have given them a pass.

Thinking they kept the spirit they can just make a few changes.

BUT THEY DIDN'T

THE ONLY TWO THINGS THEY HAD TO DO THEY SCREWED UP.

Keep Deckard alive.
Play Tristram OST in New Tristram.

I would have been in better spirits the whole game. The fact they screwed those two things up makes me think aliens made this game not Diablo fans.

So no free pass for them.
Reply Quote
i think the problem with tristram music is that it sounds incredibly dated in 2012.

it has all the elements of cheesy 90s video game music, electronics, synths, echos, "lightness"

it is nice and nostalgic, no doubt, i occassionally listen to c&c's soundtrack on frank klepacki's website myself, but games have to move forward, man...

princeb-
I think for the most part its just an acoustic composition. Classical guitar and moving oboe lines dont really get dated in 10 years...lol. Also im pretty familiar with modern day synth and audio effects and no, it does not sound dated whatsoever.

Now the music for the other parts of the world defiantly do, with their use of at the time synthesizer sounds. They should have used a high quality sampler for the acoustic lines in a lot of the music to make it sound "real".
Reply Quote
I doubt anyone currently employed @ Blizzard has ever heard it.
Reply Quote
Could add this one :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z6ZJQEGVGY
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]