Diablo® III

Ask A Pro Demon Hunter Anything!

Hey Wolf, first of all thank you for taking the time to help out us noobs. Good on you mate. My question is this. Is there any point in stacking defense/resists/vitality past act1 inferno? I started inferno as a glass cannon stacking ias, crit dam, crit chance, and I would get 1-shotted constantly, but have recently swapped out those stats for more survivability. So far in act 1 inferno it has helped me out alot, i can take 4-5 hits before dieing. Is it possible to take that many hits past act 1 or does everyone just get 1 shotted anyway?
i m currently having 2.3 attack speed(1 hand crossbow), 15 crit chance n 189% crit dmg, 1278 dex, 26k hp, doing 26k dps w/o SS, with 58% dmg reduction from resist and 52% dmg reduction from armor, i did ok in act 2 but got one shotted in act 3, should i get rid of all the resist and all in attack? if so how could i possibly go against fast or teleport elites? also is it mean that i cannot solo at all?
also which stat should i fix 1st cuz my dmg is really pathetic, SS helps but cannot really rely on.
at wt point do i want other passive than SS? wt do you suggest other than SS?
btw really appreciate your work and thanks!!! GREAT JOB
hey wolf got some gear/tactics questions for you. im lvl 51/52ish? at the end of nm. my battle tag is enyaw#1850 please add me if possible and we can meet up and answer my q's... beware i am a newb this is the first pc game i have ever played lol. ps3 is wut im used too cod, metalgear, gt5 so i could use some advice. thanks
85 Orc Shaman
Question regarding weapons:

What is and isn't factored into the listed dps of a weapon? Weapon damage %? IAS?

Currently I have a weapon listed at 1142 dps no other stats, and it's baffling to me that 900 dps rares are 10mil? I just don't understand how to accurately determine 1 vs another?

thanks
Weapon damage % and ASI is factored into the bow, nothing else is.
Battletag please :)
Sorry, noob questions...

Just started hell (lvl 51), what should my dps look like?
What kind of gems should I put in my weapon and what's your weapon of choice?
What kind of gems should i put in my other stuff? Should i stack dex?

Thanks
Just starting Heart of Sin quest. God this game is so gear dependent it sucks, I don't know how so many people got through Inferno without items on AH to buy. I'm constantly sprinting for my life from fallen that 1 shot me and seem to not slow down at all in my caltrops. Earth worms comes up in the middle of a fight when you're not watching for them and just instant kill u, spear throwers all over AC1, and even with 50k+ dmg with SS elites/champs take FOREVER to burn down. Normal trash I burn down pretty quick but jesus it such a snails pace in there, I understand the need/want of harder content but Diablo is not a snails pace style game, I wanna merk !@#$ mindlessly lol.

I feel like this is Uber Diablo mode, don't have all the best in slot items with perfect stats and a bag full of +1 skill charms then don't even bother lol.
Wolf you deserve a credit sir. Firstly because you spend your time helping others. Secondly because of the way you deal with trolls/haters fail attempts. I have read whole thread and learned quite a bit about DH. It would be a pleasure to have you in friend list unfortunately I play on EU server.
I was wondering if you could answer this questions for me please:

Q1. As I understand IAS% is calculated in weapon DPS (displayed on weapon) but “Critical Hit Damage% is not.
What’s the story with “Damage %” stat on the weapon, how is that calculated?

Q2. I have read somewhere that extra damage from elements on weapon should be as low as possible as it affects weapon damage? Could you shade some light on this please?

Cheers
Hey wolf can you add me lolful#1875, i think i got alot alot of things to ask you
@Wolf

can you post your skill build and screenshot of your items and stats? :D
ehm... maybe a retarded question but how the f*** did you get 121 k dps without ss?! :O
whats ur dex?
ur crit chance?
and what dps does your weapon have?
Sorry guys I just got back from a group ride, I literally have like 50+ friend requests and I cant add you all so sorry! I'll try my best to catch up on all the questions you asked.
ehm... maybe a retarded question but how the f*** did you get 121 k dps without ss?! :O
whats ur dex?
ur crit chance?
and what dps does your weapon have?

Well right now I'm not even near that! I sold my helmet and chest on the RMAH so I'm currently looking for a new pair. But before I had around 2100 dex, 38 crit chance and my wep has 352-1106 base damage range.
Question regarding weapons:

What is and isn't factored into the listed dps of a weapon? Weapon damage %? IAS?

Currently I have a weapon listed at 1142 dps no other stats, and it's baffling to me that 900 dps rares are 10mil? I just don't understand how to accurately determine 1 vs another?

thanks

Dex is not factored in, the damage% is.

The reason a 1142 dps bow can be worse than a 900 bow is if those bows have insane dex and or crit damage combined with a socket. People pay big for that.
@Wolf

can you post your skill build and screenshot of your items and stats? :D

As soon as I find a chest and another helmet I will take a pic and post it up yes.

And most of the rest of the questions are like 10 or more hours old so if you would still like an answer say so thanks.
Riddle me this:

Why are people using our class forums as if it were the trade forum?
Thanks for this Thread Wolf.

I was able to do a Siegebreaker with 4 stack NV, but it took 1 hour lol. Kepts dying but i managed to kill the big guy.

So here's my question, do you think i should keep farming butcher (takes 10 min each run with full 5 nv) instead of farming Act3 untill i get a higher DPS?

I'm at 92k dps with ShSh around 35k without.

Do you know of any good spot in Act2 to farm?

I did some Magda run and it's much faster for me.

Let me know.

And thanks for answering all the question, keep up the good work.
Riddle me this:

Why are people using our class forums as if it were the trade forum?

Very good question sir.
Thanks for this Thread Wolf.

I was able to do a Siegebreaker with 4 stack NV, but it took 1 hour lol. Kepts dying but i managed to kill the big guy.

So here's my question, do you think i should keep farming butcher (takes 10 min each run with full 5 nv) instead of farming Act3 untill i get a higher DPS?

I'm at 92k dps with ShSh around 35k without.

Do you know of any good spot in Act2 to farm?

I did some Magda run and it's much faster for me.

Let me know.

And thanks for answering all the question, keep up the good work.

Thats a hard call man, act 1-2 drop so !@#$ty that its almost not worth it, but fast runs = more items so if you get that nice roll you can still make millions. While on the other hand doing act 3 runs you have the chance to get a very nice item but the time it takes would be so much longer.

So to be honest your prolly about even doing both, the items you get in act 1 would be so many that your chances are higher of making a few mil compared to making nothing in that same amount of time if you were to go to act 3.

Personally i think farming act 1 is better than act 2, its quicker and almost the same loot.
After the patch it will be much different though.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]