Diablo® III

Epic Wizard DPS Calculator

The Epic Wizard DPS Calculator v1.2 (07/02/2012)
Based on patch v1.0.3a

*New version 1.2 is now available! See release notes below for details.*

Download here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8Xi-RG4JOQyRW5LWkJGaWJ0YnM
Thumbs up and bump my post if you enjoy the sheet!

Tofootime is here to bring you an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the DPS of your Wizard. Simply input your gear stats into the chart and you'll see your DPS calculations done for you at the speed of light.

Lv60 Base Stats and item stats are used to calculate your predicted DPS. Individual calculations are also made for individual stats.

Once your DPS is calculated, you can compare your gear with the top gear stats on the auction house, all provided on the spreadsheet. Check back for updated spreadsheets as I will update top stat gears every time it seems needed.

Other stats not related to DPS are also included for your convenience such as Vitality and life% calculators.

Updates to the calculator will be made as needed (i.e. bugs, errors, new stat updates). More features will be added as well.

All feedback, comments, questions, and related to this spreadsheet should be posted here.

Enjoy,
Tofootime

Release Notes
1.0 - Release
1.1 - Updated Auction House Top Stats - Added Magic Find, Gold Find, Life% Calculators
1.2 - Weapon DPS no longer input, Min-Max damage range inputs added, updated DPS formulas to work with Min-Max range, Skills/Passives Chart added, Glass Cannon DPS shown next to base total DPS
Edited by winVirus#1250 on 7/2/2012 10:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Reserved.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Is tis' legit ?
Reply Quote
Guess I did this wrong.

My dps was off by like 2k.

Make sure you remove skill buffs, passive buffs, min/max damage stats and you should not have a DPS issue. These stats will be added in a later version.

06/18/2012 04:51 AMPosted by Destruct
Is tis' legit ?

It's as legit as it gets sir. 100% homemade and customizable. Post here if you have any issues.
Edited by winVirus#1250 on 6/22/2012 1:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Spreadsheet updated.
1.1 - Updated Auction House Top Stats - Added Magic Find, Gold Find, Life% Calculators
Edited by winVirus#1250 on 6/22/2012 1:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
i was wondering with offhand dps, how would i input that dmg? do i add it to the total of my 1hd dmg?

for example - 1hd sword (900dmg), offhand source (320dmg) - 900+320 = 1220
Reply Quote
Upload this to google spreadsheet.
Reply Quote
i was wondering with offhand dps, how would i input that dmg? do i add it to the total of my 1hd dmg?

for example - 1hd sword (900dmg), offhand source (320dmg) - 900+320 = 1220

Take the range of your offhand (say 50-300) and add both the low and high end of it. That would give us 350. Now divide that total by 2 to give us 175. THat is the number you must add to the weapon DPS.

If that's too much math, well, ask someone do to it for you. In the meantime, I will be working on an update which will include offhand DPS to be simply calculated for you guys, so keep on the lookout for that!
Reply Quote
06/22/2012 06:58 AMPosted by spanthegnome
Upload this to google spreadsheet.

Durp. Why didn't I think of google XD. Download link is now Google based my friend.
Reply Quote
Epic indeed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
For max stats, remember on helm the sockets are different, you can get way more than 20% magic find, i don't know what the max socket is tho for magic find.

Also, all my numbers add up (int/crit/crit %/ias not including weapon), but the dps is off by about 4k from my character sheet, spreadsheet dps shows low.

I'm not sure how blizz calculates the dps, but if you want i can upload a pic of my gear and stats. I'm pretty sure I entered everything correctly.

I would suggest the weapon dps field to be a different color or something to indicate "fill in a value here", and have the values that shouldn't be touched marked with a different color so newbs don't try entering a value and screwing up the formula
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
also, it feels strange to me how crit chance is entered as (% / 100) like...7%, but crit damage % and IAS is entered in decimal format like.. .07, they should be one way, but the same. Easiest method would probably be to have them all entered like they are in your gear and character sheet, the same way that crit chance is

just food for thought
Reply Quote
I had a few annoyances with this spreadsheet so I modified a version and am sharing it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4wf-H1WMfiZQUtpY3pUTmR0SGs

TofooTime can feel free to merge my changes in to his spreadsheet. My plan was actually to send it to him privately but I couldn't figure out an easy way to do that. I've made the following changes (to the second table in the spreadsheet).

1) Item damage ranges are now accepted
2) Input values have been adjusted for consistency. Some of the values in the original required you to convert to a percentage ahead of time and others didn't. Now you can input the number that the game gives you. i.e. For an increased attack speed of 5% just put in 5.
3) Damage formulas were recalculated since I was noticing slight differences in the DPS reported my the sheet and the in game value. As far as I can tell the values in my updated sheet are correct.

As a note: When putting in the min/max damage for your weapon just use the overall damage reported in the tooltip that reads "xxx-yyy Damage". This already takes into account any bonus damage
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
my bad, i didn't account for glass cannon, since this is for wizards, you may want to add that, since lots of wizards run it, and it's easy to add.

Good job thus far.
Reply Quote
Tofootime: Do you know what the difference between say +150 -250 arcane dmg vs +150 min dmg +250 max dmg on your weapon?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
@Animus don't worry about the +damage on your weapon, that's already added into the DPS value

as far as I know though, whatever +elemental dmg is on your weapon is what kind of damage it will do.

For example +cold damage will slow people on hit, and things with say +fire resistance you will do less damage to if you have +fire damage on your weapon.

The +min damage adds to the low value of the range, the +max damage adds to the high value of the range (the range is seen in white under the big dps number,it reads x - y Damage.
Edited by TitusPullo#1635 on 6/23/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
I was bored, changed some stuff, added in Glass Cannon, Magic Weapon, and Sparkflight options, changed the values to be consistent (just enter % crit chance, crit dmg, life %)

reformatted some other stuff, I didn't see wwfarch's update till later. I didn't change any of the formulas because they show up exactly correct on my character sheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsHJerT4IXLndF9uUXU4RXRKTzVoWU5IaHdOcS1ZUHc

I only made the changes for the Your Stats section, not the Top Stats Section
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]