Diablo® III

1.0.3 Repair Costs just going to punish ANZ?

From the newest AMAA with a reponse from Wyatt Cheng:
Repair Costs: One of the more controversial changes in 1.0.3 is the increased repair costs. The design intent of these increased repair costs is to make death more meaningful. One of the top arguments we see against the increased repair costs is "I'm already dying dozens of times to make any progress in Inferno. Don't you see this is going to make this impossible?" This concern is most often brought up by ranged glass cannons. Many melee players respond "increased repair costs seem fine" because they haven't been using death-zerging as a tactic. Melee can't easily death-zerg an enemy down, but ranged can. I don't think the answer is to make death-zerging more attractive for melee; I'd rather make death-zerging a less profitable strategy for ranged.

How about for those of us with 200ms that aren't zerg dying, but dying because that extra 150ms over USA players means our skills don't work in time?
I for one notice a huge difference in how many times I die vs packs when I got 150ms and the excellent 300mswtfisthis I get during weekend/USA peaktimes.
Death is already meaningful to me when I die 4 times due to lag and lag bouncebacks. Before you guys add more death to ANZ stuff, how about you fix up the servers so we can actually play properly.

I swear, why doesn't blizz just release a statement saying you've got no intention to do anything even remotely helpful to ANZ players so we can just get rid of this forum.
Reply Quote
Why do you keep talking about a bank?
Reply Quote
ANZ is just shorthand for Australian and New Zealand players.
Reply Quote
Thats odd, for acronyms you genreally dont join seperate words with no association together. The inference would be that NZ portion is an intergral part of the A portion if included in an acronym. Whats wrong with SEA?
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Cryten
Thats odd, for acronyms you genreally dont join seperate words with no association together. The inference would be that NZ portion is an intergral part of the A portion if included in an acronym. Whats wrong with SEA?

I've seen it used a few times on these forums, so I was thinking it was becoming normal least in d3 terms. I personally wouldn't refer to SEA as most SEA (not Oceania) players are connecting to the Asia servers in South Korea.
Reply Quote
Whoever is advocating increased gold cost for death in any patch, anytime soon..

Is a complete idiot...

Who, doesn't play the game at all, or not on any comp that's not connected to the US server by anything more than a 2metre Cat5.

This company has succeeded completely in pretty much alienating it's D3 customer base.
It's been an expanding list of poorly implemented patches, AH, RMAH issues, almost total lack of any meaningful communication to forums, server downtime.

Early days, yes, but come on.. have a look at the forums. See how the community is feeling.

How about responding with something that's going to garner some positive feedback.

No, please bone me some more... I'm used to it now...
Edited by RufusSpudnut#1242 on 6/16/2012 7:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I have been trying in vain to get blizz to respond to us and not just telling us it is our connection when in fact it is not. My wow plays perfectly.
Reply Quote
Yeah that's one thing that really bugs me. They won't acknowledge that there is server lag and insists it's our connections. Considering I don't get ping higher then 150ms anywhere else including sc2 and WoW, D3 must have some magical fault.
Reply Quote
i think blizzard doesn't want us to play D3 anymore, so everyone just join hands, crawl into a fetal position, suck our thumbs and wait til TL2 or GW2 to come out
Reply Quote
Blizzard don't give a !@#$ about it, I don't even see any solution from them. We've been ignored.
Reply Quote
balancing a game around issues is the fastest way to make it even worse, and the latency issue is not something I want them to start designing around, I would rather them leave latency out of all their design choices and then fix the latency issues.
Reply Quote
This change is absolutely ridiculous for Aus/NZ players, sure it's probably fine when you're playing with under 50ms Latency, maybe even sub 100, but when you're lucky to get 280, and usually sitting on 350-400, this change is absolutely and unfair.
Yes I'm a DH, but I've actually geared for dex vit and all resist due to latency, yet I still die fairly often with some fairly high end gear.
This change is going to basically encourage not death zerging, but skipping or reloading when I get affixes that take me a few deaths to down (focus fire one mob at a time).
I know this is a stupid suggestion, but I'm quite annoyed....either this change should not affect Aus/NZ/SEA players, or along with this change, they should give us 10% gold find to help mitigate the ridiculous expenses.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
cry more gg cry not it wont matter there not listening only thing the listen to is money and they got all ours
Reply Quote
Cry more about people crying more.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Costs are going up by x4-x6 I believe they said. When I die because of the oh so many latency spikes is that me being a !@#$ing zerging %^-* and not thinking my life means something? I wouldn't mind having all that gold back from all the deaths related to !@#$ing Blizzards %^-*ing drm !@#$ product.
Reply Quote
this is how rumours and stupid accusations start, from idiots who start threads like this and how people respond to them..!

i can only see this forum get worse...with more and more stupid people replying and agreeing to the most stupidest threads from the most stupidest minds..!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
this is how rumours and stupid accusations start, from idiots who start threads like this and how people respond to them..!

i can only see this forum get worse...with more and more stupid people replying and agreeing to the most stupidest threads from the most stupidest minds..!

What the !@#$ are you on about? I don't give a flying %^-* about 200ms latency, what I give a !@#$ about is dying to %^-*ing 2k+ spikes every !@#$ing 5 seconds and Blizzard wont say %^-* and I can't do anything about it.

Get the !@#$ off the forums you %^-*ing !@#$.
Reply Quote
your stupid enough to hold onto the game till now and still whinge about it...you had 30 days to do something yet you still hold onto it, why not sell the game as a solution to show your not supporting them instead of crying on the forums..!
Reply Quote
i already feel the 13k repair bill i constantly get, sure i make a profit while farming act 3 but i seldom go through the act without bad lag, and i NEVER go through it without dying. i always die because there will always be a time during the act by which i have too much latency to dodge a life threatening attack (such as moving off a pool of azmodans fury in time).

i just wanted to also say, if blizzard even read anything i ever post. YOU CANT DEATHZERG SOLO after 3 deaths you get the res timer, which makes it impossible to deathzerg, and as you know deathzerging bosses also doesn't work in solo. further more, they are nerfing boss drops (well just the amount of guaranteed yellows but anyway) which may in fact solve the problem of death zerging bosses. so really, you are TRYING to fix a single problem, but it will cause a much larger problem because you will have your solo player base pissy because now they have to spend more money for no reason.

i might also add, not only does this stop people from dying deliberate deaths, it stops all players doing anything to make any attempt at killing a particularly challanging elite/champion pack. yes thats right, people do actually die to these guys blizzard. when i come across an elite with mortar teleport invulerable minions am i going to make the attempt to kill it post 1.0.3 if i know i will most probably die a few times before i get the kill? no. i will not. i will walk around it. why? because its not worth the 52,000 gold it would take to kill.

i would be better off smashing ALL my crappy blues/yellows from act 1, buying patterns and making yellows for much MUCH less than repair costs would charge me for actually trying to kill anything challenging/rewarding.
Edited by Jamesfaic#1231 on 6/17/2012 10:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]