Diablo® III

1.0.3 Repair Costs just going to punish ANZ?

06/16/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Cryten
The inference would be that NZ portion is an intergral part of the A portion
If you lived in Oz then you would get the humor in that .. and I'm not a Kiwi .. but I'm fine with being in the same boat as them !!! FIX THE SERVERS BLIZZARD but other than ping times I have no other issues .. maybe because I've stopped playing it till I see the forums start talking about happy times again.
Reply Quote
@ AnonymousOne .. your a fair dinkum nob, we just want to play our fav (well my all time fav game .. i waited 10+ years for this, I was playing with the godfather of my eldest child as my woman went into labor in 1999, we went home and celebrated by .. you geussed it trying to finish D1 ). My ping rate use to be less than 100 now it blows out to 2000+ .. yes I Am on a 100Mb connection so what ever server update they did about 1 week ago is not helping us here.
Reply Quote
Ignore Anon, his just a bad troll.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Anon really isn't a troll though. Why do you people always refer to those who don't agree to your own viewpoint as trolls? It's a forum! EXPECT NEGATIVE RESPONSE YOU SPEDS!
Like old mate up there, waited 10 years for D3. Yep. 10 years.
Had no idea D3 was even going to exist until it was announced at a Blizzcon in 2008, but still he waited 10 years.

I for one enjoy AnonymousOne's posts. You other idiots, KEEP STICKIN IT TO DA MAN! WE DESURV BETA!
Reply Quote
Lag is not an issue when it comes to repair costs, and no we won't get an exception. The ONLY reason they are increasing repair costs is to add a bigger gold sink in the game. Currently the economy is far too inflated, and when RMAH gold trading comes online, it will inflate even more.

Yes I agree that the game is currently unplayable at 250-350ms latency. Act 3 inf is virtually impossible and full of unfair lag deaths (skills not activating in time etc). The idea is to make you step back an Act and farm more. If you want to attempt challenging Acts, then you have to sink more gold.
Reply Quote
this is how rumours and stupid accusations start, from idiots who start threads like this and how people respond to them..!

i can only see this forum get worse...with more and more stupid people replying and agreeing to the most stupidest threads from the most stupidest minds..!

What rumor is being started here?

ANZ Lag - is a fact
The increased repair cost - is a fact

Do you even read the threads before responding?

This thread is completely valid

The post above his own. Perhaps you should read the thread before responding as well.
Reply Quote
no spikes here constantly 200 ms more or less, in Inferno and playing from Australia, no lag deaths here.
Sooo rather than being a Hater on blizz perhaps seek a answer which perhaps has to do with either
1/ your ISPs route to D3 server.
2/ Your ISPs capacity during peak play times.
3/ Your modem or part there of might be failing / or begining to hence causing lag spikes.
4/ Possibly you video card is too low so drop the graphics options a tad.
5/ Video card is overheating turn the fan up with some program.
6/ Another program running in the background, try disabling windows search indexer, as that caused issues on mine with win7.
7/ try changing the full screen window fullscreen or windowed mode that can cause issues.

Some of the many issues that can cause lag when others from ANZ are playing with no issues re lag except when the server is actually about to come down.
Edited by CraftyWarden#1816 on 6/18/2012 3:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Lag is not an issue when it comes to repair costs, and no we won't get an exception. The ONLY reason they are increasing repair costs is to add a bigger gold sink in the game. Currently the economy is far too inflated, and when RMAH gold trading comes online, it will inflate even more.

Yes I agree that the game is currently unplayable at 250-350ms latency. Act 3 inf is virtually impossible and full of unfair lag deaths (skills not activating in time etc). The idea is to make you step back an Act and farm more. If you want to attempt challenging Acts, then you have to sink more gold.

I'm sorry did you say lag doesn't affect repairs but then go on to say the game is full of lag deaths?
Is the no repair costs for lag deaths?

Edit - I do know what you're getting at. But yes lag (lag deaths) do affect your repair bill

Yes they do. If I were Blz right now, I'd slide the increase death cost back a couple of patches.
Reply Quote

Yes they do. If I were Blz right now, I'd slide the increase death cost back a couple of patches.

Cheers for agreeing :)

easy...

You play, your screen stops, you're are dead... do this 5 more times...
Pay out your hard earned for something that is beyond your control...
That's annoying.

Developer pops up says your going to pay more for this.. eh.. privilege..

That's just f@#$ing irritating.
Reply Quote
no spikes here constantly 200 ms more or less, in Inferno and playing from Australia, no lag deaths here.
Sooo rather than being a Hater on blizz perhaps seek a answer which perhaps has to do with either
1/ your ISPs route to D3 server.
2/ Your ISPs capacity during peak play times.
3/ Your modem or part there of might be failing / or begining to hence causing lag spikes.
4/ Possibly you video card is too low so drop the graphics options a tad.
5/ Video card is overheating turn the fan up with some program.
6/ Another program running in the background, try disabling windows search indexer, as that caused issues on mine with win7.
7/ try changing the full screen window fullscreen or windowed mode that can cause issues.

Some of the many issues that can cause lag when others from ANZ are playing with no issues re lag except when the server is actually about to come down.

The main problem with these lag changes is that they're during USA peak times, not doing our peak times. It's a server load issue as American players themselves complain about 200ms (normal ping should be <50 for USA). Do you somehow have a connection better then those of US players too?

At 80% of time my ms is also <200 except during USA peak times. Anyway this lag is isolated to d3 alone, it doesn't affect my WoW, SC2, swtor etc.
Considering many people are experiencing it, including USA players, then it's not unfair to blame blizz as they themselves acknowledged server load being an issue.

edit: in case you may not know, USA peak times are during our day time, as such our peaktimes do not run concurrently with theirs.
Edited by Poseidon#1236 on 6/18/2012 5:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I made one calculation for my self. Without latency, I absolutely beat elites/champion packs just with 1-2 death on worst case. And now, even I try kill 2 of 3 elites from its pack, the latency punch me with >10 death, and one elite still survise. We both known what happened when I back, their Hp increased to fully. LOL. Wow, repair cost, this suck with >3k gold * 10 = ... LOL. Welcome to patch 1.0.3.

Please shut up if u wanna say all problems is my connection, router, etc. Thanks for that
Reply Quote
hahahahahaha
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Cryten
Thats odd, for acronyms you genreally dont join seperate words with no association together. The inference would be that NZ portion is an intergral part of the A portion if included in an acronym. Whats wrong with SEA?

You are aware that ANZ in the bank actually stands for Australian and New Zealand?
or that ANZAC is Australian and New Zealand Army Corps

given the above...I see ANZ as a perfectly valid acronym for Australian and New Zealand players.
Reply Quote
My fastest ping i'm getting is about 275ms on average to the EU servers from South Africa. The US servers are slower for me. Most of the time it's at 285 - 325... I can SEE Revenge on my barb is active and i SPAM the living crap out of the button but it doesn't trigger fast enough... so I die... The VERY few times I get 220ms ping for a couple of seconds I can at least survive a little bit longer.
Then there's the spike while I'm trying to run for my life and suddenly my character suddenly pops back in between the monsters and I see the damage animations... Dead...
The ping is literally killing me and my gold. oh how I keep dreaming of D3 with 0 ping.
I just quit the game last night and this morning after spending almost 100k gold.
At this rate it'll be less than a day, then I'm flat broke and naked begging Decard Cain for spare change.
I'm with the crowd that just cannot afford these repair costs...
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 07:17 AMPosted by AnonymousOne
your stupid enough to hold onto the game till now and still whinge about it...you had 30 days to do something yet you still hold onto it, why not sell the game as a solution to show your not supporting them instead of crying on the forums..!

I understand you are a troll, but regardless I'll bite. Perhaps the core game is actually good enough to want to play but the service is so bad that it can't be enjoyed. Perhaps he is waiting for a blue response that will indicate whether localised servers are being planned which would mean holding onto the game is a good idea. Perhaps if enough people point out the fact that Blizzard has spat in the face of the whole AUS/NZ gaming population that bought D3 they might actually respond in some fashion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]