Diablo® III

Names for Female Wizard?

They seem to originate out of a Chinese type of place. Anyone have any suggestions?
Reply Quote
The wizard from the short story is named Li-Ming, so I guess that name's as good as any. I personally named mine Azula, because that's all I can think of when I hear her voice.
Reply Quote
Legend of the Five Rings is a card game based loosely on the Eastern Asia, primarily Japan, but one Clan (the Unicorn Clan) has a lot of Chinese (most Horiuchi and Iuchi) and Mongolian (most Moto, btw) names. You may find a good fit there.

This may help you:

http://oracleofthevoid.com/oracle/#hashid=441b71e9d8f02d1440a1407e2309d767,#page=1
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 03:03 PMPosted by MezzoParody
I personally named mine Azula, because that's all I can think of when I hear her voice.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 03:03 PMPosted by MezzoParody
I personally named mine Azula, because that's all I can think of when I hear her voice.

Same voice actor :)
Reply Quote
06/18/2012 07:05 PMPosted by Ceagull

Same voice actor :)

The female wizard also has Azula's brashness heh.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 05:59 AMPosted by Max
Is she Chinese or Japanese?

Technically she's from Xian Sai. We don't know much about it, but they've got Chinese "sounding" names like Xian Sai and Li-Ming, and Shen's got James Hong's accent, so I'd say it's primarily based on China.

But Japanese(ish) things like yumi, ono, "daibo", and "Buriza-Do Kyanon" can be found all over Sanctuary, with little indication of where they originated. I wouldn't be suprsied if Xian Sai was just a blend of various East Asian cultures. It's all pretty much up in the air.
Reply Quote
there are samurai (compare graphics with the actual thing) swords all over the place too. Its probably just a mix.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 02:20 PMPosted by MezzoParody
Is she Chinese or Japanese?

But Japanese(ish) things like yumi, ono, "daibo", and "Buriza-Do Kyanon" can be found all over Sanctuary, with little indication of where they originated. I wouldn't be suprsied if Xian Sai was just a blend of various East Asian cultures. It's all pretty much up in the air.

Yeah

Kwan dao, qiang, and nu are also Chinese.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]