Diablo® III

+Vit doesn't mean your low item is priceless.

85 Night Elf Death Knight
Hardcore players:
I love you, and I respect you... But just because those level 20 gloves you found have +3 Vitality on them does not mean they are worth 30,000g.

I see insanely high rolled items with only primary stats going for next to nothing, yet an item with a roll 1/5 of that value + some vit going for 10 times more. I'm going to sacrifice a few hundred HP if it means doubling my damage value from the item and saves me a few thousand gold.

Some of you really need to learn the difference between a good item roll vs bad item roll.
Reply Quote
I searched

lvl 20
gloves
vit +3
sort by buyout

It took four pages to get over 10K and the first page was all under 2K. The lowest cost buyout by the way has +19 vit for only 1K. Seems like a fine price to me.

Also all of these things are your opinion. If people pay these prices for +vit, then that is what their value is. If people don't, the prices will either come down or are already low and you're not filtering your search right.

-------

Also, if in your opinion certain items on the AH are way undervalued, buy them and use them, while if in your opinion certain items are way overvalued, find them and sell them. Your gold can only go up and if this is really how you feel, you should be thanking the hardcore community for valuing items differently than you do.
Edited by SleepyPanda#1441 on 6/17/2012 8:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hardcore players:

Join us and you will understand.

Items with no vita are trash and should be treated as such in our game mode.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Newgeta
Items with no vita are trash and should be treated as such in our game mode.

Which would you use:
+40 Dex
+20 Vit
40,000g

+90 Dex
3,000g

Simple. Take the 90 Dex and make up the +20 Vit in a gem slot somewhere. This is the problem.

I get lucky though, I usually find a good +Vit +Primary item for a few thousand, then all the items above it in Buyout are 30k+. At least one person in the entire AH has some sense.
Reply Quote
Are you telling me how to play Epidemix or are you complaining about the economy?

It will never balance out and be 'as cheap'. People die. 'Good gear' is destroyed.

This game mode is the most appealing / fun I've ever had.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:26 PMPosted by Sookie
Are you telling me how to play Epidemix or are you complaining about the economy?

I asked you a question to demonstrate the problem and you danced right around it. :)

Vitality is valuable: Low vit rolls are LESS valuable. High vit rolls are MORE valuable.

Not all Vit rolls are HIGHLY valuable.
There seems to be a huge discrepancy among the HC playerbase where any form of vitality; regardless of the roll and other stats on the items, is insanely valuable.
Edited by UtopiA#1621 on 6/17/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
One does not simply DANCE in hardcore?
Reply Quote
Hardcore players:
I love you, and I respect you... But just because those level 20 gloves you found have +3 Vitality on them does not mean they are worth 30,000g.

If somebody is willing to pay 30,000g that is exactly what it means.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:32 PMPosted by QgC
If somebody is willing to pay 30,000g that is exactly what it means.

Do they?
I have 3 hardcore mules FULL of +Primary +Vit items of all shapes, sizes, levels, and quality and I think only the best rolls (Assume +100 and +80 or higher) would go for those numbers.

Maybe I'll have to wait a few failed AH cycles for sellers to realize their mediocre items are worth 1/10 what they're listing as.

Remind you this is almost all sub-50, which means these people are still leveling, and the only way a lowbie has 30k+ to throw away on items they will only use for a few levels means they are receiving inheritance from a level ~60 main. Are there really that many HC Alts being rolled and are you really so concerned about dying in Nightmare difficulty that you have to trash 30k+ on an item that's actually worth 5k or less? -_-
Edited by UtopiA#1621 on 6/17/2012 8:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I mite be wrong but I think the most overly priced gear with vitality is in the helm section. I went to sell a piece today and noticed the top buyout was 500k and was like; okay, mines better than all of them I guess mine a million, but sadly I don't think anyone will pay a million for some nice hell gear. Then again 108 vitality on a helm with a socket is pretty nice.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Epidemix
the only way a lowbie has 30k+ to throw away on items they will only use for a few levels means they are receiving inheritance from a level ~60 main. Are there really that many HC Alts being rolled and are you really so concerned about dying in Nightmare difficulty that you have to trash 30k+ on an item that's actually worth 5k or less? -_-

NO. Do not draw conclusions. I spent 100k on a neck last night, I'm level 52 barbarian, first character on HC, i.e had no money/stash.

I have 6.7million from selling !@#$. Don't draw conclusions. Not everyone is terrible at this game.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 08:43 PMPosted by Futant
I mite be wrong but I think the most overly priced gear with vitality is in the helm section. I went to sell a piece today and noticed the top buyout was 500k and was like; okay, mines better than all of them I guess mine a million, but sadly I don't think anyone will pay a million for some nice hell gear. Then again 108 vitality on a helm with a socket is pretty nice.

I always end up keeping the same helm for 30+ levels, or permanently.
My last 53 DH had a level 20-something helm on her when she died.

Why? Socket + Primary + Vit is a hard roll to get at all, regardless of the values. So it will always be valuable. Any kind of decent or better roll on that type is always worth 30k+, and since you'll probably keep it a long time (unless you can afford 50k+ every few levels on a new helm) then its worth the investment.

NO. Do not draw conclusions. I spent 100k on a neck last night, I'm level 52 barbarian, first character on HC, i.e had no money/stash.

I said sub-50. Don't slice my quotes to take me out of context, friend.
Hell is a totally different show.
Edited by UtopiA#1621 on 6/17/2012 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I still don't see how this is a problem for you. You should be loving it.
Reply Quote
Hardcore players:

I see insanely high rolled items with only primary stats going for next to nothing, yet an item with a roll 1/5 of that value + some vit going for 10 times more. I'm going to sacrifice a few hundred HP if it means doubling my damage value from the item and saves me a few thousand gold.

Some of you really need to learn the difference between a good item roll vs bad item roll.

And people thought I was nuts (mildly put) for still only having 8k health at level 50.
Reply Quote
I sold a lvl 11 neck for 100k
and a lv9 ring for 70k
so...

Just to add fuel to the discussion. I tend to take OP's view and I don't overpay. Essentially I look at stat rolls.
30 str 30 vit gloves vs a 70 str gloves for the same price or 70 vit for the same price. I will take the latter 2.
Edited by Ambrose#1827 on 6/17/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I sold a lvl 11 neck for 100k
and a lv9 ring for 70k
so...

Just to add fuel to the discussion. I tend to take OP's view and I don't overpay. Essentially I look at stat rolls.
30 str 30 vit gloves vs a 70 str gloves for the same price or 70 vit for the same price. I will take the latter 2.

While I agree, and I do not over pay, I do over price.

The fact that they sell means they ARE INDEED worth whatever their selling price.

If you say my above statement is not true you are ignoring present facts, and reproducible study results; concordantly, you are substituting your own false reality for the one actually that exists.
Reply Quote
+ vit is priceless . No matter the level. If you are the only one who sell them.

I only buy vit for boot chest pant and shoulder.

glove bracer helmet belt is mainly attack speed for me. str or vit doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
Which would you use:
+40 Dex
+20 Vit
40,000g

+90 Dex
3,000g

I'd use the +Vit everytime. When it comes to hardcore, who cares about the cost in gold? You can go farm it up all day if you need to, it's a lot better than starting over.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
Don't forget gems. It's not enough to account for a huge difference, but definitely adds some value to vit gear.

Every class needs vit, so players of all classes die and lose amethysts, naturally they're more expensive. Instead of buying amethysts, the simple solution is to get a few things with vit & sockets for cheap leveling gear, and use the other gems to fill in primary stats.

And any exceptionally high vit items are also useful to an entire stable of alts, recycling them until an untimely death and losing those too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]