Diablo® III

+Vit doesn't mean your low item is priceless.

06/17/2012 08:38 PMPosted by Epidemix
If somebody is willing to pay 30,000g that is exactly what it means.

Do they?
I have 3 hardcore mules FULL of +Primary +Vit items of all shapes, sizes, levels, and quality and I think only the best rolls (Assume +100 and +80 or higher) would go for those numbers.

Maybe I'll have to wait a few failed AH cycles for sellers to realize their mediocre items are worth 1/10 what they're listing as.

Remind you this is almost all sub-50, which means these people are still leveling, and the only way a lowbie has 30k+ to throw away on items they will only use for a few levels means they are receiving inheritance from a level ~60 main. Are there really that many HC Alts being rolled and are you really so concerned about dying in Nightmare difficulty that you have to trash 30k+ on an item that's actually worth 5k or less? -_-

That is utter nonsense. I finally got my monk to level 60 last week. While I was leveling, I kept him equipped in level updated gear the entire time. Pretty much exclusively from the AH because I made good money while leveling and the drops were almost always terrible. I can tell you I have personally spent anywhere from 5k to 150k on items while leveling due to their stats and how they worked with my playstyle. I am just about equipped to start inferno because of that.
Reply Quote
Why does it matter what people list it as. Seriously? Why? Why debate the points of auction house when it is set up to be exactly as it is. It's a market place where people can use their OWN opinions to VALUE their OWN items.

Some of you guys are so used to telling people what to do, as if it matters, that you fail to realize, we all play this game as the developers intended. Your value isn't the same as mine, in any item on the AH. If you don't think it should be valued so high, don't buy it.

Simply move on.

Let it go.

How hard is that?
Edited by Artez#1149 on 6/19/2012 9:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I agree AH is bizarre sometimes, but I've been finding good deals and making money on sales, so hard to complain. Darwin helps his good rolls stay alive (even in HC mode).
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
free market, working as intended.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
free market, working as intended.
Reply Quote
Personally I love people that put these items up on AH for more than they're worth... Makes selling that much easier.
Reply Quote
if u think someone is charging too much for something, dont buy it. its that simple. if noone buys an item, he realizes he is charging too much. if someone buys it, hes not charging too much.

pointless thread is pointless. or maybe u are crying because u want +vit items and dont want to pay "too much"
Reply Quote
This discussion is hilarious, I have 3 characters between 27-33 because I'm taking my time and keeping them close in case one dies. I have 2.8 mil gold and a stash full of gear for monk/barb because I've been smart on the ah.

I haven't paid more than 10-15k for any piece of gear, probably 90% of my purchases were under 5k and I've turned around and sold primary + vitality gear for 15-50k a ton of times. Of course I target only decent rolls not ones with less than 10 of a stat and I list them based on going rate for that level and slot.

There are tons of people willing to pay 25-30k for a sub level 30 item, I rollover my AH at least every day and have had maybe 10 items not sell in the last 2-3 weeks. I've only posted a single item more than twice once. I haven't been spending as much time looking for deals recently because there is more competition for them, but they are still there.

This AH is a supply and demand market and vitality is important for every class, especially before level 50. Those of you who think the prices are ridiculous sub 30 are the ones not making gold. People who list for cheap to "help" people are helping those like me who want to make gold. Thanks by the way. When I hit 60 I'll have a ton of gold saved up to complete hell and get into inferno, lol.
Reply Quote
Also, shopping in advance is the way to get deals. I search every day even if I'm not playing and will stash stuff up to 10 levels in advance. If I don't see a cheap upgrade I'll wait instead of buying a high price piece. I buy low, sell high. But I'm willing to *not* buy, good advice for haggling in real life too. If you aren't willing to walk away and not buy you won't ever get a good deal except through dumb luck...
Reply Quote
I think there is way too much commotion going on about something not important or even worth debating.. if an item;s buyout price or minimum bid is too high for you, don't buy/bid on this item. Solves your problem.
Reply Quote
What's the point of this thread? Sigh. Don't want don't buy? Maybe someone else does. If they don't sell it's the seller's loss while they tie up their sale slots.
Reply Quote
People reduce the complexity down to Vitality Good, No Vitality Bad. Take advantage of it because there are some really cheap primary stat items out there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]