Diablo® III

Anyone surprised at the buyers of RMAH?

Everyone said "you'd be lucky to get $10 blah blah" in all of Diablo 3

But now, like everyone I know that plays Diablo 3 has already gotten some money from the RMAH.

A friend of mine has gotten $750+ so far

Another friend got $80

Another friend got $60

My brother just got $25 on a pretty good yellow weapon

The theory was that "there are NO buyers, we're all just sellers" but I think we all underrated how many rich casuals there are that don't need to save their money (No offense, it's just that they want their items so they get them)

I guess this is to say, are you surprised at the amount of buyers on the RMAH, and have you had success on it so far?
Edited by Jem#1715 on 6/15/2012 9:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
yes please stop flaming this game. let's all just be nice to everybody.
Reply Quote
How was I flaming? I asked for people to share their experiences/thoughts on RMAH after the success lots of people have been having, and if they sold anything on the RMAH.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
People buy underpriced items on the RMAH and relist them just as much as they do on the gold AH. Stop thinking that it's unreasonable for people to buy items for real money, because gold has worth. If an item is worth 5-10m gold, it's probably going to be worth an equal amount on the RMAH, relative to the current price of gold.
Edited by WellWishrELF#1239 on 6/15/2012 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That or you spend like $200 on the RMAH to gear yourself up to farm A3 inferno, then you sell stuff on the RMAH and get our money back.....

Its like a pyramid scheme.
Reply Quote
Give it time. Those expensive items are still somewhat rare. Drop rates are about to go up and difficulty is about to go down in the next patch. There's going to be a LOT more people posting items soon, which means a lot more competition driving prices down. Most of the game's population hasn't even started farming act iv inferno yet.
Reply Quote
Link to patch notes saying Inferno is getting nerfed and drop rates increasing?
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208/Patch_103_Design_Preview-6_6_2012
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
"Anyone surprised at the buyers of RMAH?"

I'm depending on them.
Reply Quote
Everyone said "you'd be lucky to get $10 blah blah" in all of Diablo 3

But now, like everyone I know that plays Diablo 3 has already gotten some money from the RMAH.

A friend of mine has gotten $750+ so far

Another friend got $80

Another friend got $60

My brother just got $25 on a pretty good yellow weapon

The theory was that "there are NO buyers, we're all just sellers" but I think we all underrated how many rich casuals there are that don't need to save their money (No offense, it's just that they want their items so they get them)

I guess this is to say, are you surprised at the amount of buyers on the RMAH, and have you had success on it so far?

Of course this is not surprising given the massive fanboy defense of the RMAH and their god-given right to buy items for real money.

But the money has to come from somewhere, so for every person getting rich off the RMAH, someone else is going broke.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]