Diablo® III

NZ playing on European server, my perspective

Yea I !@#$ed up when creating my hero for the first time, for some reason my game had defaulted Europe for my server. By the time I had figured out the difference between America's and Europe I was already in too deep on my WD so I decided to play it out.

I have pretty much static 330ms (2 bar yellow). It really does suck especially since I'm one of those gamers that can't stand lag (played CS1.5 religiously back in the day). I wouldn't settle for a ping over 90ms to play decent.

You'll probably think I'm crazy for not restarting on the US server but honestly, I haven't had any problems on my WD until Inferno Belial. The hit box of his slams coupled with the lag was frustratingly stupid. What I'm trying to say is it's not impossible.

I read the US forum because it has an AUS/NZ thread and I see so many people crying that the game isn't fair for us and you're right it isn't, but it's not impossible. The PvP is going to be complete %^-* and that's my opinion, it's pretty obvious when it comes to brain vs brain unfortunately over the internet ping becomes a major issue.

I guess the moral of my post is that to anyone feeling like the game is over for them because of the lag, just hang in there and perservere, because you will get past that hurdle and into an even bigger one haha...and that's what makes this game fun, the huge challenge set upon AUS/NZers :)
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 09:25 PMPosted by Fragthorn
and that's what makes this game fun, the huge challenge set upon AUS/NZers :)

I love this and I couldn't agree more. Don't complain adjust and become a better gamer!
Reply Quote
If the lag is consistent you could prempt and adjust for it perhaps. It's the lag spikes that kill you and the higher the ping the more deadly the lag spike is likely to be.
Reply Quote
mine defaulted to the european server too. the only thing that bothers me is that you can't use the RMAH
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Narull
I love this and I couldn't agree more. Don't complain adjust and become a better gamer!

Narull, while i think your point is valid, to some of us the game is not about becoming a better gamer, some of us just want to kick back and play a fun game. :) Difference doesnt mean any of us is wrong, and it is unfair to force any side to follow the "right course" as "right" is always merely a perspective.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]