Diablo® III

General chat spam by gold farmers...BLIZZARD

There's at least 2 different gold farmers per minute spamming their gold / leveling service per minute, making chat frigging impossible to read, when are you going to do something about it? or are you guys actually turn a blind eye to this just so they their gold peddling drive up market price so people buy more gold / turn to the RMAH ? for a game thats been in development for so long, you'd think the fricking chat spam from D2 times would've been fixed.
Edited by Endari#1617 on 6/17/2012 4:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
They either need to only allow trial / guest accounts into a noob room or they need to let the player decide to block any communications from trial / guest accounts.

Those would be the easiest way of dealing with the problem.

Another way is to give the users the ability to enter keywords in their own list that would block any communications from any player that has one or more of the keywords in their chat message, then it puts the blocking on the player to do and blizzard can take a back seat in keeping keyword filters up to date.

I prefer either of these but Blizzard stays silent still on this situation which is getting worse and worse every day and more and more people are starting topics about it, obviously it's angering players but Blizzard remains silent. WHY? Blizzard, WHY?

What are you doing about the gold spamming? Why couldn't you give us the ability in the options panel to block all communications from trial and or guest accounts so that we can block 90% of the gold selling spam? Or even better than that, give us a keyword list that we as players can add key words to, that when any other player or spammer uses one or more of the words in our key word list it will block that message from appearing in our chat box?

You're already force joined us into the general chat room (outdated info, you now removed the force joining into the general gold sellers room), now give us the tools to force gold sellers out of our chat box, it's starting to feel like you guys just don't care and are more interested in keeping gold spammers around so that you eventually make your 15% cut once the real money auction house goes live.

Blizzard, why aren't you being more proactive instead of reactive in the gold spam situation that is really starting to frustrate some of your player base? Reporting spammers does no good since they come back online within seconds with another trial or guest account to spam us some more. Your staff ignores the posts on the subject and won't even hint if you have any plans to help us get the gold spam off and out of our chat windows.
Reply Quote
This needs fixing really badly , This is absolutely INSANE
Reply Quote
+1
Reply Quote
its amazing how they stay silent on this for so long but when !@#$s comes to RMAH and other stuff that affects their profit margin directly they jump out immediately
Reply Quote
Why the !@#$ can't they even ADDRESS the issue? Whenever someone has some retarded question about the RMAH blues IMMEDIATELY jump on it, can't a blue at least say "yes, we are aware of this"?
Reply Quote
Please for the love of god fix this blizzard its become so bad you cant even join chat channels !!!!

THIS needs a hotfix NOW
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:14 AMPosted by Endari
its amazing how they stay silent on this for so long but when !@#$s comes to RMAH and other stuff that affects their profit margin directly they jump out immediately

Yup, the only thing I've seen from blue on this subject suggests "that we should report the spammers using the in game spam report option". I have to admit that while in my WOW days, this at least gave me at least a small feeling of satisfaction in the early days, in Diablo 3 all it does is infuriate me even further that the spam moves so quickly up the screen by even more gold selling spam that it's no satisfaction what-so-ever.

Reporting is doing nothing to slow down the spam and I for one am absolutely sick of it already. I just want to talk to other players and make the game as social as possible but that is IMPOSSIBLE when the "General Gold Sellers Chat Room" is filled with gold selling spam.

Blizzard needs to wise up on this already. I am so sick and tired of it and it's only been a month since release. At least in Wow we had mods and I was using one that I may have already mentioned above that let me filter out about 99% of the gold selling spam from my chat window, since we can't use mods in D3, we have to rely on Blizzard and their snails pace of doing anything proactive in this matter and it sucks big time.

I'm more than willing to give up D3 if something is not worked out on this subject as I imagine there are others like me that are as tired of this crap continuing as much as it does totally unchecked.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:15 AMPosted by LordFireFox
so that you eventually make your 15% cut once the real money auction house goes live.

Someones late to the party. RMAH is already live.

Yeah I know, I wrote that post before the RMAH went live and since it's still a current issue I simply cut and paste it into gold selling spam topics. I'll need to revise it before posting it again.
Reply Quote
Well people will complain non stop till they fix this, and i hope we dont stop till they stop!
Reply Quote
bump !
Reply Quote
they wont fix it, they have never expressed an interest in fixing it in any game, including wow. I have seen the same people spamming gold for a year on my wow server
Edited by Ptone#1132 on 6/17/2012 4:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's worse than ever..

Right now I'm in general chat in the game and it's a non-stop wall of gold spam.. you can't even right-click on names to block or report.

Why won't Blizzard do anything?
Reply Quote
This is one of my biggest complaints. I do my part in reporting what I say but I've since given up since it's all for naught. I really wish policing the chats wasn't left to the players.

I like to keep the trade chat open so I can see what people are selling/link items I find on the fly to put up for sale while I'm farming. The spammers make it nigh impossible to utilize the chat.
Edited by Arrichak#1803 on 6/17/2012 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I wonder what would happen if I copy-pasted chat from the last 15 minutes to the forum.
Reply Quote
+1

I can not even find their names to block them or report them.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:45 AMPosted by Pinkerbelle
I wonder what would happen if I copy-pasted chat from the last 15 minutes to the forum.

I don't think anyone would be able to scroll to the bottom of the post for a few hours.
Reply Quote
I am tolerant of these things, But they are really really out of control.

give me a job and pay me 800$ a month and i promise they will never come back.
Edited by Mikiel#1289 on 6/17/2012 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]