Diablo® III

Can Anyone Explain?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blizzard claims the reasoning behind the higher repair costs stems mostly from "Death Zerging". I take that to mean people go in on a champ pack, will die, then run back and continue whaling on said pack over and over until it dies.

1) With the unbelievable combos you get, how could this be wrong?
2) I've yet to see a pack not regain it's full health by the time I make it back to them - am I just really unlucky?

Or am I missing something?

If I'm not, I hardly see how that is a good basis for upping the cost of repairs.
Reply Quote
holy crap they put one downside to dying and you get your undies in a bunch, "blizz beat the game for me, and farm me gold while you're at it"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I hardly think my "undies are in a bunch". I'm asking a simple question.
Reply Quote
With the unbelievable combos you get, how could this be wrong?

Because they are smoothing out (in other words, nerfing) the damage and reducing damage "spikiness" overall in Inferno acts 2-4. And straight up nerfing specific champion affixes such as invulnerable minions and shielding.

I've yet to see a pack not regain it's full health by the time I make it back to them - am I just really unlucky?

It depends. Do you intentionally pull champions back to your spawn point to ensure you don't have to run at all in order to get back into the fight? Do you play solo or in 4 player games, where there is a much greater chance to keep the champion pack in combat at all times by players bannering to each others corpses? Do you engage champion packs when your respawn timer is already at 30 seconds or do you always make sure you wait in town for 2 minutes to reset it back to 3 seconds?
Edited by Loren#1376 on 6/16/2012 10:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Simple economics. Risk v Reward. If you risk of dying is minimized by the massive amount of gold you get for death zerging than there is no penalty to death. When a legit strategy for some packs is keep respawning to get a few shots in something needs to be fixed.

Not everything is a conspiracy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/16/2012 10:02 AMPosted by Loren
It depends. Do you intentionally pull champions back to your spawn point to ensure you don't have to run at all in order to get back into the fight? Do you play solo or in 4 player games, where there is a much greater chance to keep the champion pack in combat at all times by players bannering to each others corpses? Do you engage champion packs when your respawn timer is already at 30 seconds or do you always make sure you wait in town for 2 minutes to reset it back to 3 seconds?

I tend to play solo, and I engage wherever they are at whatever time. I don't give a lot of thought to repawn timers, but I guess that in conjunction with kiting back to spawn point makes sense.

It's a bummer that everyone will get penalized for the faults of a few. = / Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Goku
so people will buy gold from rmah there is no other reason dude, "death zerging" is just a dumb cover-up excuse for that...

^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]