Diablo® III

Health pots & their cool down

Really blizzard? Whos stupid idea was this? If im low on health, and my health pot is on cool down, my character would not say "that's not a good idea" when trying to heal myself.. Healing myself is most Certainly a good idea.

You need to either remove the stupid cool down all together (in addition to significantly reducing their drop rate), or at the very least, lower the cool down to 10, maybe 15 seconds.

30 seconds is insane.

Hell difficulty btw. And before you start, no its not easy mode guys. Now if you come back and say Hell isnt suppose to be solo'able, then ill say ok and deal with it.
Reply Quote
In Diablo2 people chain-chugged potions, your health was not relevant, only your number of potions.
This was changed because it was stupid.

Every class has some skill or other that lets them restore hp without a potion. There's also Life steal, life on hit, and life on kill.
Edited by OneMedicArmy#1429 on 6/15/2012 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if you drink too much without cooldown you could get liver cancer. thats not a good idea.
Reply Quote
No, they changed it so there was more to surviving than spamming your potion button(s).

I play in Inferno act2-3, solo, on monk and DH. I hardly ever use potions.
Edited by OneMedicArmy#1429 on 6/15/2012 6:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
If you played D2, Hell bosses were basically chain-chugging Full Rejuv pots. There's a lot more strategy involved if you can't just spam your potions. If you haven't noticed, characters now have a lot of defensive spells to choose from.

Also, I beat Hell with minimal difficulty without AH gear (Soul Lasher champion/elites sucked with most mods and Belial is a !@#$%, but nothing was out-of-this-world hard) and did almost everything solo (did a few Act II and III quests with some friends for fun).
Reply Quote
In Diablo2 people chain-chugged potions, your health was not relevant, only your number of potions.

Every class has some skill or other that lets them restore hp without a potion. There's also Life steal, life on hit, and life on kill.

It was like that in Diablo 1 too. It's what made Diablo what it is. They only changed it in D3 because the new blizzard doesn't like players having fun. Instead everything must be nerfed just like in WoW. If something is easy or makes sense, expect a nerf.

Lol because staying alive through chain-potting is fun right? No one would ever die if this was possible

Instead of sitting there taking damage while your pot is on cooldown, why not do the sensible thing and kite until your CDs are up? Blizzard nerf contents because of idiots like you
Edited by Iris#1357 on 6/15/2012 6:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

It was like that in Diablo 1 too. It's what made Diablo what it is. They only changed it in D3 because the new blizzard doesn't like players having fun. Instead everything must be nerfed just like in WoW. If something is easy or makes sense, expect a nerf.

Yep, only reason.

Lol, how stupid can you be?
Reply Quote

Instead of sitting there taking damage while your pot is on cooldown, why not do the sensible thing and kite until your CDs are up? Blizzard nerf contents because of idiots like you

oh you mean im not suppose to just stand their with my thumb up my !@# waiting for the pot to come back up? i actually have to move? Why didnt i think of that!!

You've been reported. Thanks for not contributing any useful information to this topic. Its because of idiots like you that these forums are flooded with repeat posts of people trying to get Real answers.

You really think i'd be that stupid as to not kite or try to get away from mobs, or use my defensive cool downs in anyway? Are you really that stupid as to assume something like that? Grow the hell up.

If you can solo in Inferno with a DH, then you either had someone (or another toon) get you better gear, your buying off the AH, or you have figured out the One spec that needs to be used.

Im guessing on the spec part more than anything. As im sure there is one all encompassing set of skills and gear stats needed to make the DH as "OP" as everyone keeps calming it is. I have yet to find the right combo because im playing ability that i think are *gasp* fun to me. God forbid i try to have fun. Nope, im suppose to look up work others have done, and use ONLY these skills, have these stats and then ill own everything and blizzard might as well removed all other ability's because they are worthless.

Now, on to the pots. Since none of you actually READ the post, ill reiterate (tho you wont read this part either). Removing the cool down was one option, lowering it was another. Having any cool down on it would keep people from spamming it, even if its only 10 seconds. So please stop crying about pot spamming and READ.

I find it amusing however, that everyone seems hell bent on saying "well its easy, you just suck" without offering any REAL ways or information on what they are actually doing to not get killed repeatedly. Everyone on this fourm seems to be a worthless troll who still lives with their mommy behind the protection of the internet. Because real people would never ask for help, or make suggestions, so "i dont have to treat them like people".
Reply Quote
The cool downs in general are just stupid and a lame MMO-type pacing mechanism because they couldn't think of any other way to "balance" anything, potions included, and they seem fixated on "DPS" numbers as their primary balancing point and of course, cool downs are a way to normalize the DPS numbers. Boring and not very "action-based" in my opinion.

They could have built skills and made potions that don't have to rely on cool downs, allowing the user to make their own choices in how many buttons they want to smash, when they want to push them and how often. Instead, they greatly de-emphasize resources as a pacing mechanism and throw in lame MMO-type time-based skills. LAME.

Personally, I try to minimize any cool down skills on all of my characters, including the ones in Inferno because they're lame and boring and if anything, cool downs are for unthinking morons.
Edited by BeerBeerBeer#1534 on 6/16/2012 8:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ok im gonna try and answer this as polite as possible.. coz you're obviously angry..

the reason why CDs were put on pots is because they dont want that potion spamming in d2 which was really stupid.. coz all you do is get offensive items thinking hey i can just spam the crap out of my rejuv potions and ill be fine. i believe the game is better with pots with CDs..

if you're having a hard time with hell i suggest try a different skill build.. you say you want a build thats fun but i dont think its fun that you keep dying coz of ur build..

oh and another reason why people just called u noob or stupid is because u kinda acted like one.. u got angry over a game.. in HELL mode nonetheless.. id be more understanding if u were in inferno already but meh.. Good luck to you bro..

06/15/2012 06:09 PMPosted by LordWolfx
Really blizzard? Whos stupid idea was this?

and just with this one it made u look like a whiner.. i suggest dont start a topic with something like this..
Edited by Zieke#6764 on 6/16/2012 8:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just stack LoH and Life Regen you wont need em anymore.... Wish i could turn my potion button into a skill button.
Reply Quote
They only heal instantly now. I had it in mind of how they worked in Diablo 2, where they Didnt heal you instantly, but it was an over time effect, which still meant that even if you were spamming them, you could still die if the damage you were receiving was more than the health pot could heal per tick.

As far as ive seen so far, there are no rejuv pots in d3. I would even accept the fact that if they added rejuv insta heal pots, removed the cool down off regular pots (or added a short cool down) and change its heal to a HoT. That would, at the very least, allow me to gather Some health while kiting.

While my initial post was made in haste, it was a suggestion post. If it was purly flaming or venting, i would expect "noob" posts. But if your not going to say anything constructive to counter or agree with my suggestion, then yes, im going to flag it because im sick of people thinking they can just get away with trolling. Blizzard put those tools on the forum for a reason. If you dont like it, dont troll.

As far as Spec, yes, i want to play a fun spec. This Was suppose to be an action dungeon crawler, not a top down MMO. IF i wanted to min max, or play spreadsheet characters, i would have kept playing WoW. I think, every skill and ability should be useful, instead of "these specific skills and only these skills" which it is looking more like it has become. I expect that from MMo's, not Diablo.

What it comes down to is, this isnt really a diablo game. Not the one i wanted to play anyway. Its pretty clear Activision being involved in Blizzard now is ruining their games.
Reply Quote
They think that given WOW's popularity they can infuse mechanics from there into whatever they want and it will be accepted.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]