Diablo® III

Crispy Critters Achievement doesn't trigger

On my Wizard, I have tried for about 8 hours to unlock this achievement. I am on the quest "Heart of Sin," subquest "The Second Heart" and I am starting in Arreat Crater lvl 1, going through Tower of the Damned lvl 1, and then going through Arreat Crater lvl 2. I have removed ALL thorns armor. I go through the maps hunting for popups of Tormented Stingers and when I find them I pull them to a Demon Forge and let the flame kill them. I have done this many, MANY times in the 8 hours I've been attempting to get this achievement and it hasn't triggered yet. There was even one time where I ran across an adventure in Arreat Crater 1 where 12 Tormented Stingers popped up, I pulled 9 of them to a Demon Forge, and it roasted 6 of them at once (I even got the Massacre bonus), the achievement didn't trigger, but there were still 3 left. The second fire burst from the Demon Forge, killing the last 3, and still no achievement. What the hell, Blizzard!! There are WAY too many achievement bugs in this game! Personally, I've wasted HOURS of time looking for the Lyceum, the Villager's Journal, the Bloodstained Letter, the Battlefield Reports, and now the Crispy Critters achievement. Then there's also the bug where after fully equipping the Scoundrel, the Friends with Benefits achievement doesn't trigger, but that didn't require me to waste my time. FIX YOUR GAME NOW!!!! I can't believe I bought a game that wasn't even finished or fully tested!
Reply Quote
I'm also experiencing this issue with the crispy critters.
Reply Quote
06/16/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Musha
There are WAY too many achievement bugs in this game!

I agree

06/16/2012 07:37 PMPosted by Musha
I've wasted HOURS of time looking for the Lyceum, the Villager's Journal, the Bloodstained Letter, the Battlefield Reports, and now the Crispy Critters achievement

Lyceum doesn't spawn, the journal is in the Lyceum so it doesn't spawn either. The Bloodstained letter does spawn I've gotten it. The battlefield report is bugged I think the librarian scrolls are spawning instead.

The crispy critters isn't bugged just look up the youtube video for it. I followed the directions and got it in 3 tries, maybe 20 minutes total. You just need a little luck to have exactly 3 die at the exact same time.
Reply Quote
The Lyceum now spawns and the villager's journal can be found in The Old Ruins in the Old Keepsake Box which has a 100% spawn rate just changes location throughout the Old Ruins, it also spawns on the road to Tristram as well.
Reply Quote
At the moment (at least for me) ... NO achvs are tracking. I just completed about 5 obvious ones and got no credit at all.

I mean like.. I killed Cydea and Azmodan. There is no "did you do it right?" They're DEAD. lol

And no credit for it. Something is wrong with the achv system atm.
Reply Quote
right now there is a problem with the data tracking on achievements. Everytime I check my achievements I get a error 28010.
Reply Quote
It's hard to do this achievement, cause of some "features". No bugs, just stupid scripts on server side.
----------------
"Demon Forge" throws flame, this flame do damage by ticks. 2 or more per second. And to trigger script you need to kill at least 3 mobs by ONE TICK of this flame.
So it looks as random trigger, cause mobs have random HP pool.
----------------
When u know this feature, u can do it easily.

----------------
I'll write the best strategy i think to get this achievement to not spending hours in tries:

1) Take hi level Barbarian (60 - the best) with some life regen (~100-200 enough) + talent "Inspiring Presence". Find item with low Thorns (less than 10).
Abilities we need - "Frenzy", to hit only one mob.
"Ground stomp" with "Wrenching smash" (to pull them all together).
2) Change quest to Normal Difficulty "7. Heart of Sin: The second heart" or "7. Heart of Sin: Kill Azmodan".
3) log in, teleport from town to "Tower of the Damned level 1" and run to level 2, u get Checkpoint there, now after login u'll be at the beginning of level 2.
4) go to level 1 and look for a "Hell Bringer" on east side of level 1 near exit to level 2
5) if there no "Hell Bringer", reset game until u'll find "Hell Bringer".
---------- prepare area
6) Don't get close to it. cut all mobs around, Don't spawn Tormented Stingers.
7) Ok. area cleared. Run or jump to "Hell Bringer" and kill it quickly. (NO items with thorns equiped for this moment). 5 stingers spawned around u. dont hit them.
---------- lowering HP
8) Unequip weapons and some armor, u must have dps not more than 20. lesser - better. So for now u must see 5 stingers, they are hitting u, and u dont.
9) Your task now - to lower they HP to 20 or less.
10) equip item with 10 thorns (i had 7 ). So u see they HP and mobs begin to kill themself slow. unequip item with thorns, when u see that some of them can die.
11) target mob with hi HP and make some hits to lower HP to 20( caaaarefully =) ).
i can also dont use thorns to lower HP, and use only weak hits. Main target - 20 hp on each Stinger.
---------- Fry it
12) So, now u must have 3 or more "Tormented Stingers" around u with 1-20 HP each.
13) Go to Demon Forge after end of flame. Stand in front of it.
14) Pull mobs to U with "Ground stomp" + rune "Wrenching smash".
15) Wait a second for flame, it will kill all mobs with one tick and u'll get achievement. =)
Reply Quote
07/14/2012 01:47 AMPosted by Digrol
I'll write the best strategy i think to get this achievement to not spending hours in tries:

Digrol - worked awesome thank you.
Edited by TheBlackPawn#1668 on 7/17/2012 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
As a demon hunter, the way I did it was quite similar.

Equipped my tank set, replacing pieces that have thorns with life/sec regen.
Bought a 'baby' thorns piece, which had attackers take 4 damage.
Cleared everything around the hellbringer and the nearest forge.
Spawned the Tormented Stingers, used the baby thorns piece to get them under 40hp.
Walked the lot of them over to a forge
Right after the flame ended, I walked right to the middle of it, so the Stingers surrounded me.
The flame came back on, and the critters were crispy.

Also, a Stygian Crawler is not a Tormented Stinger, for those not in the know.
Edited by Heceldi#1695 on 7/17/2012 12:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Thanks, Digrol. I used a DH, but that tiny thorns tip helped me out a lot. I read somewhere else that they couldn't take any damage from thorns, but they were obviously wrong.
Reply Quote
Anyone willing to help me complete this achievement?
I have completed 95% of the achievements ...
Reply Quote
It's hard to do this achievement, cause of some "features". No bugs, just stupid scripts on server side.
----------------
"Demon Forge" throws flame, this flame do damage by ticks. 2 or more per second. And to trigger script you need to kill at least 3 mobs by ONE TICK of this flame.
So it looks as random trigger, cause mobs have random HP pool.
----------------
When u know this feature, u can do it easily.

----------------

1) Take hi level Barbarian (60 - the best) with some life regen (~100-200 enough) + talent "Inspiring Presence". Find item with low Thorns (less than 10).
Abilities we need - "Frenzy", to hit only one mob.
"Ground stomp" with "Wrenching smash" (to pull them all together).
2) Change quest to Normal Difficulty "7. Heart of Sin: The second heart" or "7. Heart of Sin: Kill Azmodan".
3) log in, teleport from town to "Tower of the Damned level 1" and run to level 2, u get Checkpoint there, now after login u'll be at the beginning of level 2.
4) go to level 1 and look for a "Hell Bringer" on east side of level 1 near exit to level 2
5) if there no "Hell Bringer", reset game until u'll find "Hell Bringer".
---------- prepare area
6) Don't get close to it. cut all mobs around, Don't spawn Tormented Stingers.
7) Ok. area cleared. Run or jump to "Hell Bringer" and kill it quickly. (NO items with thorns equiped for this moment). 5 stingers spawned around u. dont hit them.
---------- lowering HP
8) Unequip weapons and some armor, u must have dps not more than 20. lesser - better. So for now u must see 5 stingers, they are hitting u, and u dont.
9) Your task now - to lower they HP to 20 or less.
10) equip item with 10 thorns (i had 7 ). So u see they HP and mobs begin to kill themself slow. unequip item with thorns, when u see that some of them can die.
11) target mob with hi HP and make some hits to lower HP to 20( caaaarefully =) ).
i can also dont use thorns to lower HP, and use only weak hits. Main target - 20 hp on each Stinger.
---------- Fry it
12) So, now u must have 3 or more "Tormented Stingers" around u with 1-20 HP each.
13) Go to Demon Forge after end of flame. Stand in front of it.
14) Pull mobs to U with "Ground stomp" + rune "Wrenching smash".
15) Wait a second for flame, it will kill all mobs with one tick and u'll get achievement. =)

Like a charm. Thank you!
Reply Quote
I just completed this Achievement.

I did what Digrol said.

The only thing I did in addition was to a) remove my firewalkers since they killed the spiders and b) unequipped my weapons completely since when you use ground stomp you also swing your weapons - found I was killing them this way instead of the forge. In Normal mode no weapons is just fine, I could punch even the elites and they would die. Although I did have to buy a piece with thorns, used 7, only cost 2000 gold.

The parts that took the longest were killing the darn fragile spiders by mistake before the forge and getting the Hellbringer to spawn in the right place. Took me in all >20 runs.
Reply Quote
Thanks Digrol! 20HP did the trick.
Reply Quote
I confirm it is not bugged! i tought it was bugged after reading the all the comments, all you have to do is dont damage them and have them killed my fire with 1 blow, thats all.
Reply Quote
Well it is definitely bugged for me, but that doesn't mean the whole achievement is bugged,
I guess it just didn't trigger for me, when I did it the first time and now I'm screwed. That can be the case for any achievement appearently.
I did everything this thread (and others) suggested at least twice.
I had 5 Tormented Stingers positioned perfectly, all of them below 10 HP, and they died all at once.
I also had them killed without damaging them in before.
I tested all tower and crater levels. and spent hours without any result.
But when I look at videos of people achieving this, it does not look like this is supposed to be a hard piece of work.
It is either bugged in general, in a way that makes it trigger only in rare occasions or it's like I said before: The achievement servers were down, when I did it the first time and I cannot achieve it anymore (I got the pick up 5M and 10M achievements for example, but I never got the achievement for picking up 1M). And this is an issue many people have been complaining about since... about... June 2012? Something like that. Really frustrating. :|
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]