Diablo® III

RMAH adding/selling funds USD/AUD explained

- Diablo III
View profile
There seems to be a common issue with Aus/NZ of people not knowing about the differences between the AUD and the USD RMAH and how to add different funds/look and buy items from different RMAH's so I thought I'd try and answer some common questions I've seen over the last week.

Are we locked to only AUD?
No, we have access to both USD and AUD currency, however there is a conversion fee for USD, this is not charged by blizzard but by paypal/your bank when you add the funds.

How do I view the different RMAHs?
While ingame on character select simply go to 'Options-Account Then select which currency you want to use. Then on the top right of the gold AH is the button to switch to the RMAH.

How do I add funds?
Go to battle.net and login to your account, then on the Summary page on the top right is your balance, click this and go to 'add funds'. This is where you select how much you wish to add.

NOTE: If you want money on the AUD RMAH then add AUD funds, if you want money on the USD RMAH you must click 'change' on the bottom and select USD. USD is only usable on the US RMAH and AUD is only usable on the AUD RMAH, THERE IS NO WAY TO CHANGE USD TO AUD OR VICEVERSA ONCE IT HAS BEEN ADDED TO YOUR ACCOUNT*

How long does it take for me to get my funds?
Many things can effect this, currently because the RMAH is new allot of players are adding funds, this is causing a backlog and your funds appearing can take between 1-3 days, this can also be delayed by other factors including paypal/your bank.

What payment methods can I use to add funds?
Blizzard accept, Paypal, Visa, MasterCard and Visa Debit cards.

I added funds to the AUD RMAH days ago before I knew all this, can I transfer them to the USD RMAH?
While not encouraged blizzard are being supportive to the community and are offering to refund on incorrect purchase of currency, however you will need to contact blizzard billing support via the phone and this must be done within 72 hours of adding the funds or you will not be guaranteed a refund:

Oceanic
Hours: 18:30 - 14:00 AEST, 7 days a week
Hours: 20:30 - 16:00 NZST, 7 days a week

New Zealand
0800-452-520
Australia
1-800-041-378

Which RMAH is better? USD or AUD?
While the USD RMAH will have more items on it, I have found both to be viable for selling and buying, the key is to get a bargain and sell to make yourself some funds, experiment and learn as you go.

I want to sell an item, how?
First select which RMAH you wish to sell the item on, then just like a gold auction setup the sale, note that the recommended price for an item that the game generates is just a conversion from gold to dollars, it is not the value of the item.

Then you must select if you want the money to go towards your b.net balance(to buy other items in the future) or to paypal for you, this is done by the drop box below where you put the buyout price.

To have funds from a sale put in to paypal you must first have a paypal account setup and linked to your account.

Ok how do I link my paypal account then?
The game will prompt you to do this if you haven't already, however people have had issues with the ingame link so I recommended going to battle.net manually and adding the paypal account their before even going ingame.

I have my paypal linked but I still can't use it! Why?
This can be caused by afew issues, first remember you need to also setup SMS protect in your account on battle.net also make sure your billing and shipping address are fully filled out in your account details, including ZIP code.

Ok my item is up, how do I know if it sells? and how long till I get my money?
If your item sells you will receive an email to your bnet account email with a receipt for the sale and how much tax was taken along with your profit. There is a normal waiting time of between 24-72 hours for funds to be deposited as blizzard checks to confirm the sale is legit and that no fraud has been committed.

What taxes do you mean?
For each sale blizzard has a tax on the item, for any armour/weapon this is $1 for commodity sales it is 15%, also if you choose to have your sale value go to paypal instead of bnet there is a 15% processing tax.

Do I still have to pay if my auction doesn't sell?
No listing an auction is free and you only pay a tax if the item sells.

How do I sell gold?
When in the RMAH go to sell then just above your characters inventory is your gold count, click the little hammer and you can select how much gold you want to sell, gold sells in 100,000 blocks.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 7/12/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you add funds from a bank-based debit card, they may charge you a very small foreign transaction fee. Westpac hit me for 15 cents to upload $5 to the USD RMAH.

There is also additional info about Battle.net balance here:
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battle-net-balance-frequently-asked-questions-faq
Edited by Hypersonic#1142 on 6/18/2012 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Yeah thats the conversion fee to USD I spoke about, does anyone know if its a set figure depending on how much you convert or if it changes with the current rates? I'm not sure about the fee.

Thanks for linking the Blizz FAQ, forgot to include it, I mainly did this one for some of the AUS/NZ issues that keep popping up.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Everytime i try to change from AUD to USD on the Blizz site it just gives me an error warning and won't allow me to change it. Something Blizz needs to look at I think..

Very useful thread as well , should be stickied
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Everytime i try to change from AUD to USD on the Blizz site it just gives me an error warning and won't allow me to change it. Something Blizz needs to look at I think..

Very useful thread as well , should be stickied

What error are you getting? I can try and help if I know which one and are you getting it on the page where you select how much you want to add? or on your summery page?
Reply Quote
A+++ great OP, would read from this poster again. I was wondering what happened to my $10 AUD, it was appearing in B.net but not in the auction house. Finally, an answer!
Reply Quote
I really tried to read this post seriously but I couldn't, due to the vast amount of spelling errors.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
06/19/2012 01:40 AMPosted by DunkMaster
I really tried to read this post seriously but I couldn't, due to the vast amount of spelling errors.

I fixed the 3 spelling mistakes I could find and I ran it through Google and OpenOffice both couldn't find any more.

If their is more feel free to point them out, 3 spelling mistakes doesn't seem that bad to me.

If your going to post be helpful instead of just being a downer, I fully admit to being a horrible speller that's why I use Google spell check, but I missed 3 I'm sorry :)

But thanks for the bump, I want this info to be helpful to people so they can sell/buy easily!
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/19/2012 2:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
Great post, very helpful and informative, vote for MVP!

After selling the 1070 dps WD dagger for $40 last night, my CE has officially been paid for after a week of farming and selling on the RMAH. Kind of makes me feel somewhat better about the crappy lag and lack of local servers and peak maintenance.
Reply Quote
Man i havent sold crap its good stuff too

I put up a 952 dps, 112 dex, socketed bow for $30 and noone bought....
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Man i havent sold crap its good stuff too

I put up a 952 dps, 112 dex, socketed bow for $30 and noone bought....

The RMAH really does have a random factor to it as well, I putup a 987dps xbow with a socket(no other good stats) for $20 thinking 'eh' and it sold within 30min.

Just have to get lucky with a buyer, but hey it doesn't cost anything to have it up for sale so why not.
Reply Quote
bump for sticky!
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
06/19/2012 06:16 AMPosted by Manatou
bump for sticky!

Thank you, incase you didn't know if you want this stickied(I think it could help some people) their is a request sticky button on the top right you can click so hopefully blizz will see this is helpful.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:28 AMPosted by Mightybeard
I'm astonished that people in Australia would spend *extra* money on this game ......

why would that astonish you?

australia has one of the worst gambling problems in the world thanks to the poker machines...
this is another form of it.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
06/19/2012 06:24 AMPosted by Balanced
I'm astonished that people in Australia would spend *extra* money on this game ......

australia has one of the worst gambling problems in the world thanks to the poker machines...

Welcome to RMAH Anonymous.
My name is Narull and I have a RMAH problem...
=D
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 06:23 AMPosted by Narull
bump for sticky!

Thank you, incase you didn't know if you want this stickied(I think it could help some people) their is a request sticky button on the top right you can click so hopefully blizz will see this is helpful.

thx.. never noticed that before..
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Narull

Welcome to RMAH Anonymous.
My name is Narull and I have a RMAH problem...
=D

LOL
Reply Quote
great post, mad props! keep it up ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]