Diablo® III

RMAH adding/selling funds USD/AUD explained

06/18/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Hypersonic
Westpac hit me for 15 cents to upload $5 to the USD RMAH.

Westpac hit me for 15 cents

Westpac hit me

Westpac

Westpac

Westpac

There's your problem

Just move your account to a credit union, and instead of being charged fees to satisfy the share price for stock holders BECOME a stock holder.

Every time I see someone complain about the big for banks, or go on about their fees, I have to ask them "why not just change then" it's not like they are holding your wife and kids hostage.
Edited by Yxalitis#1645 on 6/19/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Original poster does not know the difference between their and there.
Reply Quote
there is a difference in RMAH? one AUD and one US?
thought it's just same listing...
Reply Quote
I went to RMAH rehab, but relapsed as I had smuggled in my laptop and paired it through my 4G phone, one little dabble is all it took.

Damn those back yard LAN labs !
Reply Quote
I went to RMAH rehab, but relapsed as I had smuggled in my laptop and paired it through my 4G phone, one little dabble is all it took.

Damn those back yard LAN labs !

I know your pain man, I kept telling myself just one more sale just one more sale! But it just gets a hold of you and you can't escape!
Reply Quote
Great post with excellent information. Thanks mate.
Reply Quote
Has anyone successfully recieved a refund yet?

I transfer $100AUD from paypal and $100 from my credit card thinking that the paypal would not work since I did not link the accounts yet. After reading this I changed my RMAH to AUD and now i have $200 in a market i would not like to spend my money on.

The market in AUD is terrible as well.
Reply Quote
Has anyone successfully recieved a refund yet?

I transfer $100AUD from paypal and $100 from my credit card thinking that the paypal would not work since I did not link the accounts yet. After reading this I changed my RMAH to AUD and now i have $200 in a market i would not like to spend my money on.

The market in AUD is terrible as well.

Have you called the number I posted in the Q&A? only billing can issue a refund, just explain that you added the funds in the wrong currency. It does take a little time to process the refund but they will do it for you.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Narull
I really tried to read this post seriously but I couldn't, due to the vast amount of spelling errors.

I fixed the 3 spelling mistakes I could find and I ran it through Google and OpenOffice both couldn't find any more.

If their is more feel free to point them out, 3 spelling mistakes doesn't seem that bad to me.

Their/There/They're: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They%27re
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 10:57 PMPosted by Marmite
Their/There/They're: http://www.wikihow.com/Use-There,-Their-and-They%27re

Yeah your right I don't know the difference hell I don't even know verbs and such, my schooling when I was young was fair from good.

You 2 are the first I've ever meant who it annoys so much though. My apologies I shall try and learn them just for you <3

I even edited my post to try and fix them for you, I do know how horrible my knowledge of words can be lol.
Edited by Narull#6634 on 6/19/2012 11:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Just spoke to Blizzard support via phone.

I specified that I did not know we couldn't buy US items with AUD. The service rep on the phone said she was unable to give me a refund because it had been more than 72 hours since I purchased it.

If you want to get that refund, do it ASAP within 72 hours of purchasing RMAH funds.

I didn't bother getting mad at the lady on the phone because 1) It's not her fault personally, 2) It's one thing buying a broken product, it's another thing working in the support call centre for a company who made the crappy broken product (/wrists) so I feel sorry for her and 3) Ultimately I feel I was naive and unwise in placing real money into this game in the first place. The only way we can take this any further is to get to management - good luck with that. The point of what I'm saying? Don't get your knickers in a knot over it. It's not worth the frustration.

Guild Wars 2, anyone? =P
Reply Quote
If you really wanted and didn't mind the loss from cashing out you could have a friend put up something on the AUD RMAH and you buy it out but have your friend send the money to paypal, then your friend can gift the money to your paypal for free.

Thanks for letting me know about the 72hour policy, I'll add it to the FAQ.
Reply Quote
Wow, I foolishly logged a support ticket when I couldn't find a phone number in the blizzard information. I had no idea I had purchased anything in the wrong currency when I followed the prompts from the USD AH to the web page. I guess I'll have to call billing and find out WTF.

Of course the following tremendously helpful answer from support in response to my ticket didn't make me any happier with the process -

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard Entertainment Customer Support.

We are currently receiving a high volume of phone calls, petitions, and other responses. We are working diligently to process all requests in a timely fashion and we appreciate your patience. At this time, we are unable to get to your request.

We recommend visiting our support site at us.battle.net/support as the self-service options are comprehensive and our articles are capable of answering most questions. If you are unable to find an answer, please re-open the petition which will retain your current place in line.

Regards,

Blizzard Customer Support

Looking back at the load balance page, I can't see anything in there that says AUD balance load can't be used in the USD AH. It actually reads to me like the purchase currency isn't relevant to how you use the funds. I know the money isn't really worth getting upset over - but wow this feels like I got suckered by a bait and switch scam.
Edited by Scootah#1588 on 6/22/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Another one chiming in about the currency aspect of the RMAH. I put $10 AU into my b.net balance thinking I could use it on the US RMAH (I didn't even know there was an Aussie RMAH and couldn't find a way to change the currency from AU to US when adding funds at the time).

So I logged a ticket with billing and got the same responses as above.

@Jubei: It's good to hear someone has compassion for call centre workers. As one myself I find it rare that customers will actually take everything into consideration like you have and instead just lash out at the person on the other line.
Edited by Invis#6730 on 6/23/2012 8:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi all, is there a way to avoid the 15% tax transaction fee if I want the money to be directed to my paypal/bank? (I just read the FAQ, the 15% is unavoidable. Blizz wants to earn some money too!)

And I have US$140 stuck in my RMAH, I guess there is no way to transfer it to my bank?

Thanks and much appreciated.
Edited by VesPades#1320 on 6/24/2012 8:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Hi all, is there a way to avoid the 15% tax transaction fee if I want the money to be directed to my paypal/bank? (I just read the FAQ, the 15% is unavoidable. Blizz wants to earn some money too!)

And I have US$140 stuck in my RMAH, I guess there is no way to transfer it to my bank?

Thanks and much appreciated.

There is no official way, the best you can do is have a friend put up something on the RMAH and you buy it out, have your friend send the money to there paypal then from paypal they can gift it to you.

Make sure it is a trustworthy friend of course.
Reply Quote
Helpful post, thank you.

I only sold on the AU RMAH but will now consider selling on the US RMAH as well.

Thanks!
Reply Quote
Ahh, I didnt think of that. Thanks for the info Narull. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]