Diablo® III

RMAH adding/selling funds USD/AUD explained

Just sold something on the AUD rmah for $1.99. $1 was debited to my bank account and $1/15% was deducted from the sale. That leaves me with a loss of 25 cents. Did I really just pay to sell something? Can someone explain please.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 04:00 AMPosted by Puff
Just sold something on the AUD rmah for $1.99. $1 was debited to my bank account and $1/15% was deducted from the sale. That leaves me with a loss of 25 cents. Did I really just pay to sell something? Can someone explain please.

That doesn't make sense, if you sold it for $1.99 blizz take $1 cut then 15% fee from the remainder, so you should have got 84 cents.

Thats to your paypal though, fee's from paypal to deposit to your bank I don't know need to check that with paypal.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Narull

That doesn't make sense, if you sold it for $1.99 blizz take $1 cut then 15% fee from the remainder, so you should have got 84 cents.

Thats to your paypal though, fee's from paypal to deposit to your bank I don't know need to check that with paypal.

The $1 taken from my bank account is probably unrelated, I'll wait until something sells and see if it happens again.
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 07:51 AMPosted by Zherneboh
Original poster does not know the difference between their and there.

Not sure what your point is, other than being generally annoying and anal retentive.

Because this is the reality:
06/19/2012 08:34 PMPosted by DJVege
Great post with excellent information. Thanks mate.
Reply Quote
fixed
Edited by RestInPieces#6931 on 6/29/2012 6:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just a heads up, the $1 fee you saw is probably the holding fee your credit card company takes when you link paypal and the credit card.

Westpac took .98c from me for holding purposes....
Reply Quote
Added how to sell gold to the Q&A since it is a new feature.

I can't really add more because I've reached the post limit for the OP, but if anyone has any more questions let me know and I'll make a new post with information.
Reply Quote
im abit confused, if i added funds as AUD, can i still use the real currenct auction house when the button to swap into real money clearly states "USD"
Reply Quote
07/14/2012 07:04 AMPosted by jonathon
im abit confused, if i added funds as AUD, can i still use the real currenct auction house when the button to swap into real money clearly states "USD"

No you cannot, to change to the AUD RMAH while on the character select screen go to Options-Account then you can select Australian Dollars from the drop down box for RMAH currency, that will change the 'USD' button you are seeing to AUD.
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 05:00 AMPosted by Narull

LoL. I thought that was funny. Sorry. On a side note, I had sold 3.3 million gold on the RMAH for $8.25 and there was a transaction fee of $1.24 and a transfer fee of $1.05. I'm not quite sure why, but I think there is a tax on each of these fees now? I got $5.96 transferred to my paypal. Are these modified fees from the original $1 and 15% fee only for the gold RMAH or is this a permanent change?
Reply Quote
This is one of the finest threads in the forums. It is of immense value and Narull needs congratulating for an excellent OP.

I would question why it isn't locked after the initial post though. it is an information post and discussion is not necessary.
Reply Quote
This is one of the finest threads in the forums. It is of immense value and Narull needs congratulating for an excellent OP.

I would question why it isn't locked after the initial post though. it is an information post and discussion is not necessary.

Locking is up to the blues, but I'd like it left open so that if anyone has any questions I over looked or something new happens I can add too it. But thanks for your praise! I don't do it for that but never hurts to hear it lol.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 11:46 AMPosted by KrystalChaos

LoL. I thought that was funny. Sorry. On a side note, I had sold 3.3 million gold on the RMAH for $8.25 and there was a transaction fee of $1.24 and a transfer fee of $1.05. I'm not quite sure why, but I think there is a tax on each of these fees now? I got $5.96 transferred to my paypal. Are these modified fees from the original $1 and 15% fee only for the gold RMAH or is this a permanent change?

That maths is right f or a commodity, commodities are not the flat $1 its 15% and 15%(sales and transfer) the flat $1 sales fee is only for weapons/armour.
Reply Quote
how do you switch to AUD???
Reply Quote
08/01/2012 04:01 AMPosted by WAZZ
how do you switch to AUD???

Ingame on character select go to Options-Account then change the RMAH currency.

If your talking about adding funds on the website just click other currencies on the page where you choose how much your adding.
Reply Quote
cheers :)
Reply Quote
if im selling something in the AUD rmah, does it appear in the US rmah? or are they separate?
Reply Quote
08/01/2012 02:32 PMPosted by WAZZ
if im selling something in the AUD rmah, does it appear in the US rmah? or are they separate?

They are separate, the downside being yes US people can't see something listed on the AUD one, but the upside being we can list 20 items(10 on US 10 on AUS).
Reply Quote
One would have a much better chance of selling a good item on the USD RMAH, would they not!?

I am new to the process, but just retrieved a failed auction on what I thought was a killer ammy on the AUD RMAH ... +9% attack speed, +5 crit chance, +55% crit dmg, +35% gold find, +33% magic find.

Best amulet I've seen for a crit build farmer ... I'm asking top dollar, but thought it'd go!

Worth posting again in USD?
Reply Quote
There is no harm in posting on the US rmah as well, it does have a bigger market but yeah atm sales are down cause the new patch people want to see about loot with it I guess.

But hey it doesn't cost you anything to list it, so go nuts!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]